Metal Storm logo
The most beautiful girl in metal (besides your girlfriend)

Poll

Simone Simons (Epica)
Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil)
Other (Specify)
Angela Gossow (Arch Enemy)
Tarja Turunen (Ex-Nightwish)
Vibeke Stene (Ex-Tristania)
Sharon den Adel (Within Temptation)

Total votes: 553
06.03.2011 - 21:08
RavenKing
Written by Irritable Ted on 06.03.2011 at 21:06

I think that age has a lot do do with it. When you get older you realise that what a person is like inside is far more important.

When you are young and thinking with your genitals you look for the most attractive partner you can find, however unintelligent or unsuitable they may be. All you are thinking about is sex. When you get older and are possibly looking for a life partner you look for more than that. Yes, you still want someone attractive, but you look more for inner beauty, personality, having things in common, the ability to make you laugh, being able to talk for hours and not realising the time.

You're right, except that some people never grow-up. I'm almost 40 and I know people my age or older who still act like teenagers.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
06.03.2011 - 21:14
Angelic Storm
Melodious
When I was a teenager, I still had the same vision of love that I do now. I've always looked at it the same way. So I don't think all people go through a phase where the outer beauty is paramount, although I would agree that most do. And like Ravenking said, some people never stop having that attitude. I think we can only apply general rules of thumb here, not absolutes.
06.03.2011 - 21:19
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by RavenKing on 06.03.2011 at 20:18

You think like that because you're not this kind of woman. But you're wrong. Most girls and women care for looks first.

Wrong. Wrong! WRONG! Have you never taken a dating course? Have you never heard of Love Systems? You really should check them out. You see, women do care about looks, but when it comes to attraction, there are more important things. Is he funny? Is he confident (voice, body language etc.) Is he rich? Who are his friends? What's his social status? Can he sustain and develop a conversation? Can he make her feel good about herself? And so on and so on. Believe me, a guy with a stupid moustache and curly hair can EASILY win any women, no matter how hot, if he displays these qualities. Women don't care for looks anywhere near as much as men do. Also, women don't look for beauty or hotness in a guy, they interpret his looks to understand what kind of a person he is, this is why an average looking guy can become attractive by getting a good haircut and dressing properly (never close the upper button on your shirt, EVER!), this is a luxury that women don't have.
06.03.2011 - 21:23
RavenKing
Written by Angelic Storm on 06.03.2011 at 21:14

When I was a teenager, I still had the same vision of love that I do now. I've always looked at it the same way. So I don't think all people go through a phase where the outer beauty is paramount, although I would agree that most do. And like Ravenking said, some people never stop having that attitude. I think we can only apply general rules of thumb here, not absolutes.

Sure, not everyone act the same. But I believe in what I described as the general rule.
Damn, having a discussion with you is almost like having one with my friend. The likenesses are uncanny at times. Apart from the fact she is anything but a metalhead. Me being a metalhead is probably the only thing she seems unable to understand about my personality. She says I'm too sweet and nice for this kind of music. *laughs*
----
06.03.2011 - 21:25
RavenKing
Written by Guest on 06.03.2011 at 21:19

Written by RavenKing on 06.03.2011 at 20:18

You think like that because you're not this kind of woman. But you're wrong. Most girls and women care for looks first.

Wrong. Wrong! WRONG! Have you never taken a dating course? Have you never heard of Love Systems? You really should check them out. You see, women do care about looks, but when it comes to attraction, there are more important things. Is he funny? Is he confident (voice, body language etc.) Is he rich? Who are his friends? What's his social status? Can he sustain and develop a conversation? Can he make her feel good about herself? And so on and so on. Believe me, a guy with a stupid moustache and curly hair can EASILY win any women, no matter how hot, if he displays these qualities. Women don't care for looks anywhere near as much as men do. Also, women don't look for beauty or hotness in a guy, they interpret his looks to understand what kind of a person he is, this is why an average looking guy can become attractive by getting a good haircut and dressing properly (never close the upper button on your shirt, EVER!), this is a luxury that women don't have.

Well, many things you mention might not be about looks but they're no less disgustingly superficial. So, in the end, it doesn't make much difference to me. It's only a different kind of superficiality.
----
06.03.2011 - 21:28
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 06.03.2011 at 21:19

This is basically the point I was trying to get across. I have seen many men that most would deem "physically unattractive" or "ugly" with women most would regard as pretty/beautiful. However, you never see it the other way around. Women generally, are judged far more critically on their physical appearance than guys are. So much of our self worth in the eyes of others (especially men) is placed on outer beauty alone. This is generally, not the case for men. It's like women's other qualities are only recognised, if they are also physically attractive. Wheras men's other qualities are almost always paramount, over how they look.
06.03.2011 - 21:32
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by RavenKing on 06.03.2011 at 21:25

Well, many things you mention might not be about looks but they're no less disgustingly superficial. So, in the end, it doesn't make much difference to me. It's only a different kind of superficiality.

I really don't know what your mean by that to be honest. How is caring about personality, sense of humour and social status superficial? Remember, it's not about "What can he buy me?" It's about: "Can he support a family?" You shouldn't actually buy a woman a drink right after you meet her, they don't want that, because that means you're not a challenge, it means you're willing to do anything to please them and that's boring for women.
06.03.2011 - 21:34
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by RavenKing on 06.03.2011 at 21:23
Sure, not everyone act the same. But I believe in what I described as the general rule.
Damn, having a discussion with you is almost like having one with my friend. The likenesses are uncanny at times. Apart from the fact she is anything but a metalhead. Me being a metalhead is probably the only thing she seems unable to understand about my personality. She says I'm too sweet and nice for this kind of music. *laughs*

I would agree with you about it being the general rule.
Geez, thanks. I do take that as a very high compliment indeed, and I'm humbled at the comparison.

What's funny, is Ive been told by a male friend (who doesn't like metal) that I'm "too nice and sweet" to like metal music.
06.03.2011 - 23:36
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
I just remembered that Anna Murphy from Eluveite is really really cute. She'd get my vote if the topic was called The cutest girl in metal.
07.03.2011 - 02:46
Luneth
Account deleted
Kaisa Jouhki, Battlelore. Good game, game over. Future mrs Luneth right there.
07.03.2011 - 14:25
RavenKing
Written by Guest on 07.03.2011 at 02:46

Kaisa Jouhki

I never understood what some guys can find attractive in this girl. She's totally forgettable.
By the way, she has no vocal talent whatsoever, apart maybe from an amazing ability to put people to sleep.

Battlelore is a shit band. Boredom incarnate.
----
07.03.2011 - 14:52
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by RavenKing on 07.03.2011 at 14:25

Written by Guest on 07.03.2011 at 02:46

Kaisa Jouhki

I never understood what some guys can find attractive in this girl. She's totally forgettable.
By the way, she has no vocal talent whatsoever, apart maybe from an amazing ability to put people to sleep.

Battlelore is a shit band. Boredom incarnate.

Lol, you calling my future wife Jigglypuff????

She isn't the greatest vocalist on Earth and Battlelore aren't INCREDIBLE [certainly the best folk power band imo, but folk power sucks most of the time anyway], but her beauty is otherwordly. The sages would sing songs of her beauty
07.03.2011 - 15:32
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Nah, the sages would more likely sing the Jigglypuff song... lol *Jigg-a-leepuff, Jigg-a-lee-a-leepuff*
07.03.2011 - 15:46
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
>*Jigg-a-leepuff, Jigg-a-lee-a-leepuff*
lol

Anyway... being off topic again, about women/superficiality/attractiveness in general.

Call me greedy, but I personally think a nice personality is important, but if it has to develop into a romantic relationship, then I would say physical attraction is needed. i.e. First physical attraction, then probe whether there's anything underneath the appearance worth looking at. But if just friends, personality is only needed. Without personality and inner beauty that matches, how can you even spend a long time together? Furthermore, people tend to look past physical blemishes once you get to know the person better (that's what I find).

Won't say I have the greatest amount of female friends in the world, but quite a few tell me that physical attraction in a man is important, but at the same time, as mentioned above, the guy should be smart, humorous and have the ability to hold a decent and intelligent conversation outside of sports and sex. So it's not just about looks, but they do look for other qualities as well.
----
loves 小巫
07.03.2011 - 16:06
Angelic Storm
Melodious
@Ag Fox: Yep, that's basically what I was saying a few posts back. The physical attraction is usually what makes a guy initially approach a girl to get to know her. Things like discovering inner beauty/personality only comes after the initial physical attraction. And I do think the vast majority of guys, if they're being honest, want the looks and the personality to match. Inner beauty definitely seems to count for very little on it's own, when it comes to being seen as a potential partner by a guy. Which is sad, but no less a true fact.

As for females finding physical attraction in a man important, it probably is generally true, and I am in a minority when it comes to that not being important. lol
07.03.2011 - 16:57
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Ag Fox on 07.03.2011 at 15:46

>*Jigg-a-leepuff, Jigg-a-lee-a-leepuff*
lol

Anyway... being off topic again, about women/superficiality/attractiveness in general.

Call me greedy, but I personally think a nice personality is important, but if it has to develop into a romantic relationship, then I would say physical attraction is needed. i.e. First physical attraction, then probe whether there's anything underneath the appearance worth looking at. But if just friends, personality is only needed. Without personality and inner beauty that matches, how can you even spend a long time together? Furthermore, people tend to look past physical blemishes once you get to know the person better (that's what I find).

Won't say I have the greatest amount of female friends in the world, but quite a few tell me that physical attraction in a man is important, but at the same time, as mentioned above, the guy should be smart, humorous and have the ability to hold a decent and intelligent conversation outside of sports and sex. So it's not just about looks, but they do look for other qualities as well.

I think that a guy wanting personality in a girl is a delusion. It certainly helps if the girl you want has a...['good'?/'socially acceptable'?/comparable?] personality, but lets face some facts. There are universally, and I use this term lightly and really only factor in European, North American, some Asian and Southern American countries because its easy, attractive women/girls. There are the girls at school that every guy wants, just because. She doesn't have to be overflowing with personality, just incredibly attractive. Similarly, there are women in the world that are just accepted as beautiful. Won't name names, but several actresses, models and singers are considered by the masses, to be stunners.

It isn't fair blah blah blah as 'beauty is skin deep' [so they say], but there's no point deluding yourself when it comes to something like this, as if one of those universally stunning women, or men if you're a woman, propositioned you and wanted you 'on their arm', you wouldn't say no. You think you would, but you wouldn't.
07.03.2011 - 17:09
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Written by Guest on 07.03.2011 at 16:57

I think that a guy wanting personality in a girl is a delusion. It certainly helps if the girl you want has a...['good'?/'socially acceptable'?/comparable?] personality, but lets face some facts. There are universally, and I use this term lightly and really only factor in European, North American, some Asian and Southern American countries because its easy, attractive women/girls. There are the girls at school that every guy wants, just because. She doesn't have to be overflowing with personality, just incredibly attractive. Similarly, there are women in the world that are just accepted as beautiful. Won't name names, but several actresses, models and singers are considered by the masses, to be stunners.

It isn't fair blah blah blah as 'beauty is skin deep' [so they say], but there's no point deluding yourself when it comes to something like this, as if one of those universally stunning women, or men if you're a woman, propositioned you and wanted you 'on their arm', you wouldn't say no. You think you would, but you wouldn't.
I take that you are generalising. There are certainly woman that I find attractive, but I would not want to be in a relationship with unless there is something else. You mentioned "['good'?/'socially acceptable'?/comparable?] personality" and to a great extent, I agree with you and know where you are coming from, but for me, it's different. I seek that special bond. the "good" personality is also defined differently by different people. For me, just being able to have a laugh, a nice person, someone who cares is perfect already. There are other intangibles, like level of intelligence which does not fit in physical attractiveness and personality that plays a role in overall attractiveness.

Do I believe in the term soul mates? Yes I do. But you don't have to fall in love only with your soul mate.
Am I a hopeless romantic? Yes, very much so.

@The Shape 1973
I offer my best wishes and congratulations to you both!
----
loves 小巫
07.03.2011 - 19:57
Luneth
Account deleted

I take that you are generalising. There are certainly woman that I find attractive, but I would not want to be in a relationship with unless there is something else. You mentioned "['good'?/'socially acceptable'?/comparable?] personality" and to a great extent, I agree with you and know where you are coming from, but for me, it's different. I seek that special bond. the "good" personality is also defined differently by different people. For me, just being able to have a laugh, a nice person, someone who cares is perfect already. There are other intangibles, like level of intelligence which does not fit in physical attractiveness and personality that plays a role in overall attractiveness.

Do I believe in the term soul mates? Yes I do. But you don't have to fall in love only with your soul mate.
Am I a hopeless romantic? Yes, very much so.

Yeah I'm generalising, just couldn't be bothered to write 'one' as opposed to 'you' lol.
08.03.2011 - 11:58
SteelSeraph

In my experience people who go solely for looks end up trapped in bad relationships with people they don't find clever or interesting. If you go with looks over personality (not to say you can't have both or neither) then your relationships will be like Michael Bay movies. The action will be great but everything in between will be pointless filler. I agree that there's a nearly universal consensus for beauty. There have been studies run, and there's usually 90% agreement on a person's attractiveness. But wanting a personality in a girl isn't a delusion, it's thinking ahead.
08.03.2011 - 15:50
Vivi'

Aren't you 19? What do you know about relationships? When it comes to which girl you want to fuck in school, that's different.
08.03.2011 - 23:35
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Vivi' on 08.03.2011 at 15:50

Aren't you 19? What do you know about relationships? When it comes to which girl you want to fuck in school, that's different.

So if I was 30 and in only one relationship, would I be more equipped to know about them? Why do people look at age when retorting to a seemingly intellectual opinion? It is the easy and cheap way out of discussion. I have been in relationships, have eyes and, not to come across as a ridiculously arrogant teenager, am incredibly intelligent and level headed for someone my age.

I accept 'life experience' is important in such matters, but one can be a blubbering close minded fool and have plenty of life experience, I am not listening to anything that person has to say. Period. Further, I value my own opinions above theirs. You yourself, age unknown to me, have contributed nothing to my opinion [key word: opinion], besides ask me how old I am. Pointless, futile and not progressive in any way.

@the poster above you: Not every good looking/beautiful girl is stupid (obviously). The thing about 'personality' is that it is defined in terms of 'good'; 'bad'; 'acceptable' or 'unacceptable'. To a person actively looking for a girl who is not the typical personable individual, being devoid of personality may be attractive to them, ergo, it's subjective. I should have made that abundantly clear in my initial post. But I do agree with you on looking for the 'personality' of your choice' is looking ahead.
08.03.2011 - 23:41
Vivi'
You will live more and you will understand why I reacted this way.
08.03.2011 - 23:58
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Vivi' on 08.03.2011 at 23:41

Any response of worth to this will be counter productive on my part, so we can end it here.
19.03.2011 - 08:51
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Written by Guest on 08.03.2011 at 23:58

Written by Vivi' on 08.03.2011 at 23:41

Any response of worth to this will be counter productive on my part, so we can end it here.

I agree with Vivi. I feel you need to experience a long term relationship to see this. Beauty is really nothing much, and over time, the beauty in your partner gets boring - no matter how attractive he/she is (not in a bad way to where you are bored with her in general), you might start finding other 'niches' that you find attractive, even ones that you would have considering 'ugly' before. Everyone loses that 'freshness' of beauty after a few years of being together. In the end though, it's about having a stable and loving relationship, and a good personality matters more than anything (that is for those seeking this kind of relationship and not one night stands).

By the way, this was by no means an attack of sorts, just another opinion out there.
19.03.2011 - 21:52
MechanisT
Account deleted
Simone...sigh...
29.03.2011 - 13:12
Andre
To me, it's fight between Simona and Cristina...

As you folks can see both look very hot.
But decided to go with Simona.
29.03.2011 - 16:09
Yasmine
Written by Angelic Storm on 07.03.2011 at 16:06

@Ag Fox: Yep, that's basically what I was saying a few posts back. The physical attraction is usually what makes a guy initially approach a girl to get to know her. Things like discovering inner beauty/personality only comes after the initial physical attraction. And I do think the vast majority of guys, if they're being honest, want the looks and the personality to match. Inner beauty definitely seems to count for very little on it's own, when it comes to being seen as a potential partner by a guy. Which is sad, but no less a true fact.

As for females finding physical attraction in a man important, it probably is generally true, and I am in a minority when it comes to that not being important. lol

I admit it's quite important for me. Kinda hard to explore the naked side of the relationship if I'm not attracted to him. lol However when ya first meet a guy who's .........drooling sometimes even if he's pretty hot it turns me off. lol Usually the alpha males are like that. But yea if they over do it it tends to be.....silly/scary/annoying.
PS I have no way to judge this topic. lol
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
30.03.2011 - 13:25
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Andre on 29.03.2011 at 13:12

To me, it's fight between Simona and Cristina...

As you folks can see both look very hot.
But decided to go with Simona.

How do you choose out of those two incredible pictures...compared to this beauty though...

They both lose!
30.03.2011 - 18:01
Andre
Uhmm, who art those be? lol

Epica isn't on my favorite list, but after that photo - Simona is in my list.
Funny how I typed hot metal chick and both Cristina and Simona came out - > here
30.03.2011 - 18:21
Yasmine
Her potato sack top is high fashion fo sho.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u