Metal Storm logo
Yahoo.com's best and worst "hair metal" bands of all time.

03.05.2008 - 07:25
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Yahoo.com released its list of the best and worst "hair metal" bands of all time. some of these, in my opinion, arent hair metal bands, but then again Yahoo.com wouldnt know music if it were being beaten over the head with it. yes, being beaten over the head with music. it could happen

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/listoftheday/32122/the-25-best-hair-metal-bands

http://new.us.music.yahoo.com/blogs/listoftheday/32270/the-25-worst-hair-metal-bands

i'll leave the rest to discussion...
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
03.05.2008 - 08:02
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
hm...Lita Ford, Stryper, Whitesnake, W.A.S.P. in the "worst" top-list
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

03.05.2008 - 09:37
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Obviousley, to catalogue the quality of a band, these guys of yahoo arre not the best doing it...
03.05.2008 - 14:03
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Jeez first of all misspelling Rhoads as Rhodes is blasphemy and then calling a couple of bands hair which have nothing to do with it musically is even worse in my book. And to top it all off slagging off GOOD to GREAT musicians such as Y&T, Whitesnake, Skid Row is just too much for me. And calling Y&T forgettable wtf? Their first four or so albums are CLASSICS
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.05.2008 - 15:57
Opium
Account deleted
I'm sure Dr. Rock will have a field day reading this and ranting about it (and rightfully so).

Yes, there are a select group of bands which don't even belong here or on the 'bad' list. They must hire monkeys to do this

EDIT: I'm KVLT (see: post count)
03.05.2008 - 18:27
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
I dont like that , becuz I think it doesn't proper and suitable about all of the metal band , I agree about some band in that list but how about other , that isnt plenary
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
04.05.2008 - 06:50
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.05.2008 at 14:03

Their first four or so albums are CLASSICS

yeah dude those albums are INSANE. isnt yahoo ridiculous?
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
04.05.2008 - 06:51
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Guest on 03.05.2008 at 15:57

I'm sure Dr. Rock will have a field day reading this and ranting about it (and rightfully so).

Yes, there are a select group of bands which don't even belong here or on the 'bad' list. They must hire monkeys to do this

i know im waiting for Dr. Rock to go off on this too. and youve got the most KVLT count evrrrr
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

04.05.2008 - 09:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I dont care about hair metal because I like only GnR, Cinderlla, LA Guns, others are werryv bad medai made up bands whit big hair and those girls probobly think thay had big penis to, thats explains why in all glam concerts was to much girls , Im isck of Motley Crue song'' Girls girls Girls''
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.05.2008 - 11:13
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
man if i can choose, i would return 80ties with all it´s "hair" metal bands...the life was much more happier in these times
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

07.05.2008 - 07:15
Number Juan
I actually have sort of a soft spot for hair metal but this list aren't all that great. Most of the worst bands are horrible but WASP and Whitesnake do not deserve to be there, for example.
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
12.05.2008 - 14:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 04.05.2008 at 11:13

man if i can choose, i would return 80ties with all it´s "hair" metal bands...the life was much more happier in these times

Ye sindeed then life was happyerm but then was better fassiom, eans, boots and letter jackets was awsome
Nowdays music are to sad, but w ehad i net we dont need anything more how i net dc++ and metalstorm and metal-archive shehhe
----

apos;'
[image]
12.05.2008 - 19:08
Damnated
Churchburner
honestly, does anyone give a damn about these top 25s?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
12.05.2008 - 20:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Damnated on 12.05.2008 at 19:08

honestly, does anyone give a damn about these top 25s?

not me, I even didnt look at them, IMo
----

apos;'
[image]
13.05.2008 - 02:55
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Queensryche, Guns N Roses, The Scorpions, Quiot Riot, Van Halen, Kiss, New York Dolls; All are decent bands, and almost none are hair metal, although all get that misconception.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
14.05.2008 - 00:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Arian Totalis on 13.05.2008 at 02:55

Queensryche, Guns N Roses, The Scorpions, Quiot Riot, Van Halen, Kiss, New York Dolls; All are decent bands, and almost none are hair metal, although all get that misconception.

Queensryche even tahya re hair but thay dont sound slike hair band, its more IM not hair metal and New York Dolls was 'punk' ok us wesre about punk-
----

apos;'
[image]
14.05.2008 - 03:11
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
W.A.S.P. are like the BEST!! how the hell can they be deemed as "worst"? They stood out from all the other big hair bands.

and why are GNR #1 for the "best" list? I don't see the big fuss about them.
14.05.2008 - 18:51
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Bad English on 14.05.2008 at 00:32

Written by Arian Totalis on 13.05.2008 at 02:55

Queensryche even tahya re hair but thay dont sound slike hair band, its more IM not hair metal and New York Dolls was 'punk' ok us wesre about punk-

Hair metal is more than just a look, it, like any other genre of music has a unique sound that the bands fall under. Just because members of a band might look like they belong to a hair (aka Glam) metal band doesn't mean that they are. Queensryche most definitly is not. I couldn't dream of classifying the guys who wrote Operation Mindcrime (A Prog metal album, credited as being one of the first) as being Hair metal. Not only that, but I don't see anything wrong with enjoying some punk.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
08.06.2008 - 23:56
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by LeChron James on 04.05.2008 at 06:51

Written by Guest on 03.05.2008 at 15:57

i know im waiting for Dr. Rock to go off on this too. and youve got the most KVLT count evrrrr

This list would be the equivalent of me making a top 25 Black Metal bands of all time list and putting Cradle Of Filth at #1. That pretty much sums it up.

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.05.2008 at 14:03

Jeez first of all misspelling Rhoads as Rhodes is blasphemy and then calling a couple of bands hair which have nothing to do with it musically is even worse in my book. And to top it all off slagging off GOOD to GREAT musicians such as Y&T, Whitesnake, Skid Row is just too much for me. And calling Y&T forgettable wtf? Their first four or so albums are CLASSICS

Now, I know you hate glam metal, but I think we found a middle ground here, and that is that these lists are bullshit. With a capital SHIT. Winger is shit, and everyone knows that. Lizzy Borden and Dokken are both great. WASP is awesome, and not really hair metal, but I could see where they would make that mistake. But Skid Row? Are they fucking stupid? Loverboy sucks, and Guns N Roses werent hair metal either. I hope the person/people who wrote this receive a severe beating in a dark alley. I would point out all the other fuck-ups, but unfortunately I have to get back to work.

The way this person writes im surprised they didnt put SOD on the list.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
13.06.2008 - 06:19
-Valhalla-
The undisputed worst hair metal band is Nitro.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tf_FySOVBGA
----
A decapitated head could remain conscious for up to 30 seconds after being removed, offering the victim a truly unique perspective on the world for those last few moments.
13.06.2008 - 19:38
HugeTheConqeror
Where do I even start?

The number of non-metal bands on these lists is astounding. Loverboy? Bon Jovi? Damn Yankees? C'mon, now.

As for the rankings, I was a teenager in the 80's, and listened to a lot of these bands. Some of them I hated even then (Winger, Vixen, Faster Pussycat). Others I liked at the time, but looking back, don't much care for anymore (Def Leppard).

Others on the "Worst" list, however, I listened to back then, and continue to enjoy today (Dokken, Whitesnake). My thinking is that if I'm still listening 25 years later, they shouldn't be categorized as one of the "Worst."
----
Pardon me while I wreak my vengeance.
15.06.2008 - 00:16
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
elite
[rant] Oh where to begin? Ah, I know, let me get another beer?

...or five...

?Alrighty, I am back.

"14) Stryper: Christian Metal is just wrong, and quite possibly an oxymoron. I suppose you could say it's more rebellious since it rebels against the traditional concept of rebellion. But then that would make activities such as mowing the lawn, doing the dishes and getting a haircut all part of a Satanic plot. I go with that King Of The Hill show that, when confronted with a Christian rock band, laid it out straight with something like this: you're not making Christianity better, you're making rock n' roll worse."

Hey asshole! How about you actually talk about the bands music and not their beliefs? Just because some Christians wanted to spread the message of Jesus throw Glam Metal doesn't make it wrong. What the fuck do you even know about the Christian Metal movement, you arrogant cumstain of the blogging world? Your mentality towards a band like this must put you in bed good with Metal heroes like Marilyn Manson. Serriously, could you please tell us what made these guys a bad Hair band, because their Glam days produced some solid albums. You probably still think they're a Glam band, you sexually neglected Trekie.

Oh wait! This shit gets better!

9) Damn Yankees: Gee, Tommy Shaw of Styx and Ted Nugent of Ted Nugent form a band and it's not very good? How could that possibly happen? Who screwed this up? I mean, according to Ted Nugent, he's great. And who wouldn't believe Ted Nugent? After all, he had a hit in 1977, so he's right up there with Debby Boone and Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band. Actually "High Enough" was a huge hit. Enough to make your head hurt. Where'd I put the Head-On?"

Thanks for that tidbit about the Nugent. Didn't he once play with Neil Young of Neil Young and Bruce Spristeen of Bruce Sprinsteen? The Caveman is one fucking good guitar player. But I guess all you tend to know are hit songs from these artists that get lumped in the top 40 rectal vomit. On top of that, Shaw is also a good guitarist, but you probly never noticed since focusing on that would take away from your gay attraction to Denis deYoung. But then again, as a whitty reviewer who fails completely to talk about the music itself and instead makes jokes, you obviously seem to know so much more than anyone else. Fucktard.

"7) Ozzy Osbourne: With Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne invented the glorious sludge end of heavy metal. On his own, he discovered a guitar player named Randy Rhodes who resuscitated Ozz's career at a critical juncture and set the bar for the rest of the '80s. Even Osbourne himself couldn't match up to his first two solo albums. And while he's known to an entire generation of kids as that guy with the wacked-out family, he'll always be known to me as that guy with that wacked-out voice. Has any singer ever sounded so on the constant verge of self-combustion?"

No fucking comment.

"2) Van Halen: Not really glam in the traditional sense, Van Halen with David Lee Roth at the helm were the flashiest dudes on the scene. Punks mocked them, but Roth was always in on the joke. He knew he was being absurd. Of course, reams have been written on Eddie Van Halen's guitar prowess. But what really drives this band is the chemistry of the band itself. The rhythms are virtually jazz, the guitar licks are avant-garde and DLR's sense of scream pure camp. They put the blues in a blender and made it shake. And have you seen junior's grades?
"

You said it your self! Not really Glam Metal! What the fuck is wrong with you. Yeah, I decided to put Metallica as the #! Prog Metal band, even though they are not really Prog Metal. Fuck you. No, seriously, fuck you. Go eat a big bucket of KFC and choke to death you joke of a reviwer. FUUUUUUUUUUUCK you!!!!

Ands Im not evens gona get started on QUeensryche ytou douchebag.

[/rant]
----
(space for rent)
15.06.2008 - 00:22
PiercingMetal
I'm pretty sure that Whitesnake and Dokken dont apply as "Worst Bands" by any stretch of the imagination. Also, I never really considered KISS "Hair Metal" or Aerosmith for that matter. Looks like we fans of the genre should be getting our tips from Yahoo as opposed to websites like this who are dedicated to the fostering of the scene on all aspects.
----
Ken Pierce - Editor In Chief
http://www.PiercingMetal.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PiercingMetal
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/PiercingMetal
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/PiercingMetalNYC
15.06.2008 - 11:55
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by PiercingMetal on 15.06.2008 at 00:22

I'm pretty sure that Whitesnake and Dokken dont apply as "Worst Bands" by any stretch of the imagination. Also, I never really considered KISS "Hair Metal" or Aerosmith for that matter. Looks like we fans of the genre should be getting our tips from Yahoo as opposed to websites like this who are dedicated to the fostering of the scene on all aspects.

dokken might not belong on the list, but in my opinion, they werent that good, regardless of georger lynch's talent. or dokkens for that matter.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

22.06.2008 - 23:53
Remus
Ahhh c'mon, Lizzi Borden is pretty good actually!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
23.06.2008 - 03:38
Just Terrible. Half of them ain't even Hair Bands. W.A.S.P. should not be on Worst. Motley Crue at #8 blows my mind. THEY ARE #1. GNR aren't Hair Metal. Oh and who gives a shit what mick looks like
10.08.2008 - 11:48
Oracle
Orcinus
What is hair metal and why is it called that? is it just another definition for glam metal?
I mean most members of metal bands of the 80's have crazy hair so whats with this term? lol.
BTW these lists are just ridiculous as its only one person's opinion.
16.03.2009 - 04:52
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by -Valhalla- on 13.06.2008 at 06:19

Don't you mean BEST hair metal band? Michael Angelo Batio is a God amongst guitarists.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
16.03.2009 - 05:03
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Who gives a shit what Queensryche looks like either...they made great music and shouldn't be put into this category...then again I suppose the writer of all this explains himself well enough with some bands...
16.03.2009 - 10:56
Charly546
Written by Doc G. on 16.03.2009 at 04:52

Written by -Valhalla- on 13.06.2008 at 06:19

Don't you mean BEST hair metal band? Michael Angelo Batio is a God amongst guitarists.

That doesn't stop the band from sucking... (Based on the first album and assumption that the second is not different). Also, there are many bands which have very capable members, but still suck.