Metal Storm logo
You gave me a flower, I want vodka!

03.05.2008 - 14:16
APOHAKC
The Bard
Here's the question, literally, since I do not have any general idea anymore about this everlasting topics, usually full of fake smiles and sweet words, I beg you to be honest or this thread will be pointless. The idea of the thread was to share you experiences and though of the subject which does romantics really exist, including few more subquestions, what do you think about it, are you a romantic, if not, what do you think of such people.

ATTENTION: you do not have to read next paragraph, that's my situation, the important thing is to read last first one cause it is the thread's subject anyway.

What's with the thread title, well, that's the response I got from the girl few years back, even though it is not important for the discussion, no she did not blow me off but back then hurt my feelings for sure, now I couldn't care less. The situation was I had a crush on that girl since like ever, and never had any idea how to call her out, it is not one of those Hollywood stories, she's not some playboy bunny or the most popular girl in school, just some girl, normally looking for the rest, highest form of existence for me, for which all of my friends found me crazy by the way. Well, a friend set me up with her, his also metalstorm member and he found out about that here on ms, I did not knew a thing and he set me up with her as I said and told me, damn I was not that happy how I was scared so I got that stupid idea to give her bunch of flowers from the forest beside my place, nothing fancy, just a common little flowers, more to show her intentions than my financial situation by buying her a 101 red rose and come to he place with a limo haha, anyway, point is I am not romantic, I never ever do such things just because I think that does not exist anymore, by her behavior I though she's different than most of the girls I dated (well, it's not like I dated billion of them but still...), she was calm, quiet, always draw on classes some frp motives or whatever, anyway, I came to her place, and gave her those flowers, damn, I was so exiting, what a fuck I was expecting I do not know, but surely not that haha, she said something like *careless and disappointing voice* oh flowers, I was kinda hoping you'd bring some alcohol haha man haha, back then I was fucking screwed, now, I can't stop laughing but damn! Till then I thought romance is shit, after that, well, there's always a hope some metalstorm experts on love and shit can help, so, go on mates what do you think:

Some other examples of my friends who I hope will never read this and see I brought up their "humiliation" in public

Guys that sucked: One friend, not much of a friend, more like a person I know over some friends drove whole day and night to Montenegro to buy his girlfriend some stupid sea fish she likes and woke her up by making her a breakfast, anyway, when she returned she got all mad at him and told him, quote: "put that fish in back of your ass for not calling me last night and explain where you was* HARD CORE huh? Another fried wanted to propose her girlfriend, he wanted to give her his grandmother's ring, anyway, he covered place with some flowers and brought some wine, lighted the candles, when she came, she told him to turn those candles off cause it is damn hot (on a second thought, maybe that was his intention to take her close off haha), that she hates those flowers cause it can cause an allergy reaction and that wine he brought is the worst he could find around (I mean, what a fuck could he know, we drink only beer, and even worst, only the same beer!) poor gave decided not to propose her that night (he never did it after)...

Girls that sucked: My friend, well, at least she used to be had a crush on some guy, I know he's a freak but I knew if I told her anything it will be you do not want me happy, or you want to divide me with other people shit crap shit (instead of bla bla bla) anyway she started dating him and she was all carried away so she bought some dress to make evening more pleasant or whatever (see, I wouldn't care eather ), it was visible it means to her, well, from he story that was smth like, well he came and didn't even notice the dress just said take that crap off haha, well, she dumped him

Do you think this is just me being paranoic and making conclusions from story or two or do you share my thoughts that romantics are rare and it is damn hard for such two persons to met, I mean, there can be one, but it is hard to find situation other partner is not a raw I want sex or booze kind of guy/girl? ...oh well
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
03.05.2008 - 16:06
Buggy
Account deleted
First of all, I find your writing style excessively scattered and difficult to read, second of all, it's "what the fuck" and not "what a fuck".
As for the topic subject itself it seems to me you are drawing conclusions from insufficient knowledge, not to mention the fact that romanticism hardly equals candles and flowers in my opinion.
03.05.2008 - 17:24
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Guest on 03.05.2008 at 16:06

First of all, I find your writing style excessively scattered and difficult to read

Yet no one forces you to read.. :

second of all, it's "what the fuck" and not "what a fuck".

thanks... freak

As for the topic subject itself it seems to me you are drawing conclusions from insufficient knowledge

And what did I wrote at the end of my post?

not to mention

then don't

the fact that romanticism hardly equals candles and flowers in my opinion.

I knew you will...

... If you read my post carefully enough you would not make an smart ass idiot of yourself, so next time read it carefully enough and post something worth reading or simply skip the thread you do not like, as I said I am not romantic person and I don't give a fuck for your tips in becoming John Travolta in 10 days, but be sure when I decide to I'll look for your book in the library section of the traveling circus, that'd must be a good read.

----
03.05.2008 - 17:35
Vrana
Well, to be honest, I have no idea what's wrong with those girls you mentioned above... I'd love someone to do sth like that for me. Even if it's not perfect, at least they tried and that's what matters the most. There's nothing more beautiful than some flowers from your garden, and that someone makes you a surprise...
03.05.2008 - 17:58
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
I agree with Vrana - I would love someone to buy me flowers ( but not red roses ! ) - or even pick some wild ones from the forest.

I guess different people have different ideas of "romance" though.

It's really a case of finding out what the girl / boy really likes and going out of your way to please them .
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
03.05.2008 - 21:48
Valentin B
Iconoclast
yeah, it's about what everyone wants. it's really totally subjective, what everyone thinks of as 'romance'...
03.05.2008 - 23:12
Ernis
狼獾
Written by APOHAKC on 03.05.2008 at 14:16

...do you share my thoughts that romantics are rare and it is damn hard for such two persons to met, I mean, there can be one, but it is hard to find situation other partner is not a raw I want sex or booze kind of guy/girl? ...oh well

I do share this thought....it's damn hard for such two persons to meet....
03.05.2008 - 23:49
Smurfophagist
I dunno...romance is just something we see in Hollywood movies. We will hardly ever experience it. The closest I got to 'Hollywood' romance is surprising my girlfriend in the park at night by freaking her out and giving her a bouquet of roses, box of candy and a small stuffed heart. But my girlfriend would personally find it more romantic when I would run from school to meet her, or once when I was grounded I ran out of my house just to be with her. I find it romantic when we go to 'our' little meadow, it's a meadow by the Cetina river, full flowers and stuff, and we just lye in the grass... a lot of times, attempts of being a 'romantic soul' end with sexual activities. Not that I oppose to that' of course I don't, I'm a guy, but in my opinion, it kinda' ruins all the romance...if you know what I mean... never mind.
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
04.05.2008 - 00:07
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Smurfophagist on 03.05.2008 at 23:49

it's a meadow by the Cetina river, full flowers and stuff, and we just lye in the grass...

In many films romantic moments end with sexual activities...more or less gross....
Reading your post...don't you see....your life IS like a teen romantic comedy....you're a living proof that films are reality....
04.05.2008 - 00:17
wildchild
Warchild
@Aronax Of Steel

I like the way you wrote dude.

Anyway, girls nowadays are really strange. In my point of view..girls want to be like guys. Yeap, strange but hey. When i was young, girls was just girls. Shinning, pretty cute and all. Now, they get drunked, roll on the floor and well... almost a guy with a vagina. if you give flowers, they eat it and spit it. When i was 14 i gave a rose every damn Thursday. For about amm... 6 years? yeah! 6 years man. And for what? For nothing.

Nowadays Love letters have the power to make you lose the girl you want. If you want a girl you have to act like an animal. Be the guy more respected, more funny, know how to drink, have a football team...and this things. Girls want guys not to be happy with, but to show to the others girls

- hey bitches, look what i got.

So, my tip is... you have to know yourself, know how to have fun alone then when you be with your friends, you gonna be a self centred person, and shine at girls eyes.

#The flower case

What she gonna do with it? put in water? in her diary? Forget that shit man. Remember the music, girls just want have fun?
So how girls have fun nowadays? Like guys, remember? getting drunk! But girls dont like beer and all, and if you appear with a wine you are some damn goth or a freak "classy" dude. XD
So vodka.

you could appear there with some vodka.

- lets have some fun?

Damn! What a pretty self centred dude! You show to her that you know you are funny an can make she have a good time.
But flowers show what?
that you're some shy, not creative guy with small relationship acknowledgement.

Man, relationships SUX! ¬¬

I am retired from love.

And here goes the worst.
When you are in a relationship... GIRLS stay as girls! hahaha
Not like guys anymore, like...a friend that you can make jokes, or say anything in any way.
They have sentimental things, one misunderstand word can create a weekend hell.
A wrong gift a kick in the ass. Telephone talk;

- lets see some movies together honeyyyy? =)
- nah, i dont wanna stay home tonight =/
- So lets get out and eat something
- i'm lazy to get out today. zzz
- ¬¬
- so we dont gonna do nothing!
- awww you duntluvme.boo hoo
- wha?
- no one love me...no one ever gave me a flower. (YEAH man, this WILL happen) XD

anyway... i wrote to much, and my english is pretty bad =/
So sorry, and i hope i could bring you some light showing the way i see the things. =D
----
warchildpost.blogspot.com
04.05.2008 - 16:36
Smurfophagist
Written by wildchild on 04.05.2008 at 00:17

@Aronax Of Steel

I like the way you wrote dude.

Anyway, girls nowadays are really strange. In my point of view..girls want to be like guys. Yeap, strange but hey. When i was young, girls was just girls. Shinning, pretty cute and all. Now, they get drunked, roll on the floor and well... almost a guy with a vagina. if you give flowers, they eat it and spit it. When i was 14 i gave a rose every damn Thursday. For about amm... 6 years? yeah! 6 years man. And for what? For nothing.

Nowadays Love letters have the power to make you lose the girl you want. If you want a girl you have to act like an animal. Be the guy more respected, more funny, know how to drink, have a football team...and this things. Girls want guys not to be happy with, but to show to the others girls

- hey bitches, look what i got.

So, my tip is... you have to know yourself, know how to have fun alone then when you be with your friends, you gonna be a self centred person, and shine at girls eyes.

#The flower case

What she gonna do with it? put in water? in her diary? Forget that shit man. Remember the music, girls just want have fun?
So how girls have fun nowadays? Like guys, remember? getting drunk! But girls dont like beer and all, and if you appear with a wine you are some damn goth or a freak "classy" dude. XD
So vodka.

you could appear there with some vodka.

- lets have some fun?

Damn! What a pretty self centred dude! You show to her that you know you are funny an can make she have a good time.
But flowers show what?
that you're some shy, not creative guy with small relationship acknowledgement.

Man, relationships SUX! ¬¬

I am retired from love.

And here goes the worst.
When you are in a relationship... GIRLS stay as girls! hahaha
Not like guys anymore, like...a friend that you can make jokes, or say anything in any way.
They have sentimental things, one misunderstand word can create a weekend hell.
A wrong gift a kick in the ass. Telephone talk;

- lets see some movies together honeyyyy? =)
- nah, i dont wanna stay home tonight =/
- So lets get out and eat something
- i'm lazy to get out today. zzz
- ¬¬
- so we dont gonna do nothing!
- awww you duntluvme.boo hoo
- wha?
- no one love me...no one ever gave me a flower. (YEAH man, this WILL happen) XD

anyway... i wrote to much, and my english is pretty bad =/
So sorry, and i hope i could bring you some light showing the way i see the things. =D

This generalization thing sucks. Not all girls are the same, you know... at least not where I come from.
----
04.05.2008 - 16:44
Smurfophagist
Written by Ernis on 04.05.2008 at 00:07

Written by Smurfophagist on 03.05.2008 at 23:49

it's a meadow by the Cetina river, full flowers and stuff, and we just lye in the grass...

In many films romantic moments end with sexual activities...more or less gross....
Reading your post...don't you see....your life IS like a teen romantic comedy....you're a living proof that films are reality....

Well now, not really. This is a very good period of my relationship, but it took me 9 long and hard months to make it so. Dating is the hardest thing in the world. Or like, you know those scenes on TV shows where the girl always tells her boyfriend that he doesn't understand her feelings, he doesn't do stuff with her etc. My girlfriend very rarely says these kind of things to me. I say that to her. I am the bitchy one. Really bitchy, quite jealous, and obsessed with her in a very sick way. But that's what love is all about, right?
----
04.05.2008 - 17:08
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Smurfophagist on 04.05.2008 at 16:44

But that's what love is all about, right?

I've got no idea actually....last time I was in love was 3 or 4 years ago.....
04.05.2008 - 17:11
Buggy
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 03.05.2008 at 17:24

Listen, I've just run a marathon so I'm in no mood to argue. Totally serious. Especially since your previous posts don't leave much hope for worthwile confrontation. However, I will point out that while maybe a little harsh and certainly critical, my post was still a constructive reply with some serious input. It might not have been pleasing to read, but I feel that threads where everyone will just indulge each other and agree to everything each other says won't help anyone grow out of their limited wiew.
On the contrary, you reply was ridicolously touchy, childish and illogical. Hell you went as far as quoting a single pair of words from my post. Incidentally, you also proved my point that your writing is terrible. Quite amusing...
04.05.2008 - 17:47
APOHAKC
The Bard
Ah, you are bothering me, and officially first persona on my block list, goodbye mr.William Shakespeare...
----
06.05.2008 - 07:16
wildchild
Warchild
Hey @buggy, i think your bad mod isn't a good reason to be rude.
Well... is just my opinion but, to a person have a point don't really need to write it 100% correct. We are in a forum with many different countries and cultures, and the most important thing on this is the message at all.

If somebody have a point or a doubt about something we can't point ours fingers to this person and say; hey you are stupid. Unless if it is a really retarded post like prejudice or something like that.

This topic was created by Aronax about some serious thing that he think and is passing through some hard time. Nobody have to know all about life or personal things, and if this is a forum about general topics, this is the right place to ask about.

I could understand all the things Aronax want to say about, and like you or not Buggy, you understand as well. So i think that the objective is done. Don't like some topic don't give you the right to be so aggressive, about nothing.
And besides you say you were constructive, i disagree with that. You start "correcting" how to write some word. Then you said the guy who wrote the topic are just some stupid brat in my interpretation about a guy who have "insufficient knowledge".

He have 20, you have 21. Congrats you have 1 year of more life experience.
And i see that you are psychology student... that's great! One thing you also have learned is that you have to learn to hear and respect what people think, and try to help if you can. You are not a judge or a master teacher of anything. If you don't agree with Aronax just say why, and what he could do in your point of view.

Nobody here wants to know what do you think about what is a perfect topic or how difficult you have to understand a simple and normal problem that sooo many dudes have already passed through at this age. Many opinions here may be WRONG in some ways (LIKE MINE OPINION). @Filip are correct in what he said quoting me. But what I wrote is a funny-male-way Aronax could read and laught and think something like;

- hah, relationships are a funny and weird thing.

Cause it really is, especially cause exist sooo many different people. One day he will find someone cool, but what? I gonna say this to him?

- hey man, dont be a child! People aren't the same...someday you gonna find the right person.

This could happen in 12 years. XD
And this would make the guy stay dreaming and getting fucked up about this? Thinking that the problem is with him. And as a Psychologist you can't act so vague like that. Let's face the life with some fun.

If you have in mind something that;

"I will find a cool person", and only meet wrong person you will be only fucked up. BUT if you think that "girls are all the same", and find someone really different, you will feel so Lucky, and be sooo happy to be with this person. So tell me, WHY THE HELL you have to be so agressive about it Buggy? ¬¬

@Buggy Take it easy man, it wasn't my intention to make some attack or anything, but i just don't like the way the things was going on.
@Filip yeah, you are right dude =D I hope reading this you understand what I was trying to say...like a pub talking with friends. XD
@Aronax Keep calm.. girls are all the same X'D

Peace people. =/
----
06.05.2008 - 10:25
Øyvind
Grave Digger
Written by wildchild on 06.05.2008 at 07:16

Hey @buggy, i think your bad mod isn't a good reason to be rude.
Well... is just my opinion but, to a person have a point don't really need to write it 100% correct. We are in a forum with many different countries and cultures, and the most important thing on this is the message at all.

If somebody have a point or a doubt about something we can't point ours fingers to this person and say; hey you are stupid. Unless if it is a really retarded post like prejudice or something like that.

This topic was created by Aronax about some serious thing that he think and is passing through some hard time. Nobody have to know all about life or personal things, and if this is a forum about general topics, this is the right place to ask about.

I could understand all the things Aronax want to say about, and like you or not Buggy, you understand as well. So i think that the objective is done. Don't like some topic don't give you the right to be so aggressive, about nothing.
And besides you say you were constructive, i disagree with that. You start "correcting" how to write some word. Then you said the guy who wrote the topic are just some stupid brat in my interpretation about a guy who have "insufficient knowledge".

He have 20, you have 21. Congrats you have 1 year of more life experience.
And i see that you are psychology student... that's great! One thing you also have learned is that you have to learn to hear and respect what people think, and try to help if you can. You are not a judge or a master teacher of anything. If you don't agree with Aronax just say why, and what he could do in your point of view.

Nobody here wants to know what do you think about what is a perfect topic or how difficult you have to understand a simple and normal problem that sooo many dudes have already passed through at this age. Many opinions here may be WRONG in some ways (LIKE MINE OPINION). @Filip are correct in what he said quoting me. But what I wrote is a funny-male-way Aronax could read and laught and think something like;

- hah, relationships are a funny and weird thing.

Cause it really is, especially cause exist sooo many different people. One day he will find someone cool, but what? I gonna say this to him?

- hey man, dont be a child! People aren't the same...someday you gonna find the right person.

This could happen in 12 years. XD
And this would make the guy stay dreaming and getting fucked up about this? Thinking that the problem is with him. And as a Psychologist you can't act so vague like that. Let's face the life with some fun.

If you have in mind something that;

"I will find a cool person", and only meet wrong person you will be only fucked up. BUT if you think that "girls are all the same", and find someone really different, you will feel so Lucky, and be sooo happy to be with this person. So tell me, WHY THE HELL you have to be so agressive about it Buggy? ¬¬

@Buggy Take it easy man, it wasn't my intention to make some attack or anything, but i just don't like the way the things was going on.
@Filip yeah, you are right dude =D I hope reading this you understand what I was trying to say...like a pub talking with friends. XD
@Aronax Keep calm.. girls are all the same X'D

Peace people. =/

Read all the posts, all I can say to you, Wildchild, is: applause. You deserve it.
----
06.05.2008 - 15:58
Smurfophagist
Couldn't agree more. Cheers mate
----
06.05.2008 - 18:37
Buggy
Account deleted
@wildchild: you are right, I understood what aronax meant despite the incorrect form. However, I cannot say the same about your post... there are some parts I truly can't figure out. Whatever...
In my original intervention I just vouched my support for one of aronax' own hypotesis (that he's generalizing too much from limited experience), and also that I felt the wiew of romanticism that transpired through his descriptions seemed kinda limited and cliched to me. Just an impression of course, what I mean is that romanticism is in my opinion more about a certain mindset and approach to life at large than it is about candles and flowers.

P.S.: the fact that I'm a psychology student doesn't mean I'm some kind of social assistant, so scrap that one
06.05.2008 - 19:23
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
all i want is a guy to be happy with, not someone i can show off to my friends. in fact, personal story here, i really like this guy, hes nothing like me not into metal etc and hes so funny and sweet and well....not exactly handsome or fit hes actually tall and lanky lol but i like him for personality and stuff. i would love a guy to be ropmantic with flowers and dinner and stuff but its never happened yet...

so anyway to summerise my ramblings, i love a guy to be romantic even if most guys i know arent very romantic
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
06.05.2008 - 21:52
wildchild
Warchild
@buggy i understand your point about the cliche, and you are right. Sometimes when some guy want to be romantic and don't know how, do what is most showed in Tv like movies or anything like that. But this isnt a sin at all.

And sorry about my post dude, cause i think the same way i speak, too fast...and the result can be some veryyy confusing text. XD
Sorry man =p

And about the PS, yeah, doesn't mean you are a social assistant, but means that you know about people feeling, emotion, incapacity of express feelings and which combination of words or a "bad mood" chat can turns the things worst. And make the guy feel more like shit. If you can avoid this with a simple post, why you cant do it?

As i could see in your posts that you're an intelligent dude, but I think you could try to improve you mood or sympathy a little. It is so bad pass through a problem, and more stressing when we are at a friendly community talking about it and receive aggressive criticism.

Let's try to talk more friendly here. Someday when you need maybe Aronax could help ya, why not?

@Filip @Oyvind, thanks dudes =D
----
06.05.2008 - 23:21
Buggy
Account deleted
allright, I guess I'm a little too prone to playing the cynical bastard, point taken. However, I do respect a patient nature when I see one, and you certainly offered a nice display in that sense. Peace out!
07.05.2008 - 15:49
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Well, my friend, I must say that you make some damn good and interesting topics, and I support you 100%.
However, I dont know how much I can be of any help, from my point of view.

Th thing is, I hate all that crap about "romantics" as an obligation to give someone flowers, buy crap, and shit like that, fuck, Im a guy who is very likely to forget a birthday or other silly things like that.

BUT, what I do support, is when person shows his/her care for other, in any form, but only when its true, honest, and spontaneous, if you do some thing carried by that moment, feeling, or wahtever, not just because a girl or anyone expects that from you.
Hell, if a girl expects that I am obliged to do things, buy things or whatever, the chance is big it will never happen... But from the other side, if I feel a need or a right moment, if it is really I, who wants it, I might give her even a fucking flower.
Im saying this because bunch of people around us are like that, as someone mentioned, he sees something in a crappy holiwood movie, and decides to do the same shit, or people who are obsesed with buying expensive gifts for birthdays, 3 months of dating, or shit like that.
The only thing you need to give and show is CARE, imo, and not just for birthday, or anything, but always.
And fuck all that crap, with people pretending to be something they are not, thats the worst thing in the world. You are romantic? Ok. You arent romantic?? Still ok with me. But when someone pretends to be something he/she isnt, thats awful, and cant end in a nice way.
I cant, and never will pretend or try to be some romantic soul, if you are romantic - be, but leave me the way I am. What you see is what you get, and if you dont like it, better luck next time.

Well, to stay in touch with the main theme - Well, I see your point Aronax, and although someone (maybe someone like me, but ill try to be objective) would say that this world is full of romantic people, if you look a little closer, you will notice that only small part of those are true, someone who could really aprecciate your care, no matter in what form it is represented. So, I agree with your thought, that it is fairly hard to find someone, who will appreciate your kind gesture, or - have sense for romantic stuff.

@Wildchild - hey man, you also made some really good and interesting points
----
07.05.2008 - 16:37
Velvet Thorns
@Aronax Of Steel

.. if you don't treasure romance yourself why do you care?
do u actually prefer the girl to be romantic or not?
for me personally the perfect combination would be flower+a bottle :} but everyone has a different idea of romance
i for example find it difficult to find a boy i can convince Moonspell is the perfect music for making love .. everyone with his own problems :}}
but still, as i usually don't expect the guy will bring flowers, i'm very surprised and pleased if he does
----
restless oblivion forever
07.05.2008 - 17:14
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Velvet Thorns on 07.05.2008 at 16:37

@Aronax Of Steel

Do I have to practice something so I can be interested in such things? For example, I am not a Russian paratrooper in 40's or an English treasure hunter but still I am interested in those things.

And by the way, it is not like that I have some routine or pre-planned moved how to jump onto a girl, if I really like someone, I will do whatever it takes to actually be with that person, it is not hypocrisy as some people said to me, damn, if some girl likes to sit in the dark because she likes it and that makes her happy, damn, I'll sit with her because isn't the whole point to make your partner happy? Even if I find it stupid and extremely boring, I dated girl with such need, and damn, I'd do all kind of weird crap if that will make my gf happy, after all, I'll ask her to do things that makes me happy, and that is by my opinion the point of dating anyway, understanding, "sacrificing" to make your partner happy, and if she wants damn flower, why fucking not, I'll bring her damn flowers even if I have to go to Iceland and grow it myself and wait till it actually grow, I just don't like whole bullshit like I am a romantic girl, you have to write me poems and say something stunning every time you want to kiss me while actually all of that is bullshit, same works with guys, not that I dated any though, I met and heard so many such cases that I was interested to hear what other people thinks about it, that's why I care, btw, making love with Motorhead is awesome, Moonspell slow it down a bit, well, no one likes it the same way anyway

Written by Stalker on 07.05.2008 at 15:49

Th thing is, I hate all that crap about "romantics" as an obligation to give someone flowers, buy crap, and shit like that, fuck, Im a guy who is very likely to forget a birthday or other silly things like that.

haha man, same here, this year on that frickin valentine I did not even knew I have to buy a gift, I thought no one gives a shit about that, and even though she said it doesn;t matter I don't care eather, damn, it was visible she expecting some crap in nice paper, anyhow, she dumped me a week after that

I rarely forgot birthday cause I set my phone to remind me, usually, I'd forget too, i mean, last year I was surprised when my mom stormed the room and wished me a happy b-day so, I maybe was to sleepy to remember it is my birthday though...

Quote:
BUT, what I do support, is when person shows his/her care for other, in any form, but only when its true, honest, and spontaneous, if you do some thing carried by that moment, feeling, or wahtever, not just because a girl or anyone expects that from you.

The only thing you need to give and show is CARE, imo, and not just for birthday, or anything, but always.
And fuck all that crap, with people pretending to be something they are not, thats the worst thing in the world. You are romantic? Ok. You arent romantic?? Still ok with me. But when someone pretends to be something he/she isnt, thats awful, and cant end in a nice way.

Exactly! I agree man.
----
07.05.2008 - 17:36
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by APOHAKC on 07.05.2008 at 17:14

Written by Velvet Thorns on 07.05.2008 at 16:37

@Aronax Of Steel

Do I have to practice something so I can be interested in such things? For example, I am not a Russian paratrooper in 40's or an English treasure hunter but still I am interested in those things.

And by the way, it is not like that I have some routine or pre-planned moved how to jump onto a girl, if I really like someone, I will do whatever it takes to actually be with that person, it is not hypocrisy as some people said to me, damn, if some girl likes to sit in the dark because she likes it and that makes her happy, damn, I'll sit with her because isn't the whole point to make your partner happy? Even if I find it stupid and extremely boring, I dated girl with such need, and damn, I'd do all kind of weird crap if that will make my gf happy, after all, I'll ask her to do things that makes me happy, and that is by my opinion the point of dating anyway, understanding, "sacrificing" to make your partner happy, and if she wants damn flower, why fucking not, I'll bring her damn flowers even if I have to go to Iceland and grow it myself and wait till it actually grow, I just don't like whole bullshit like I am a romantic girl, you have to write me poems and say something stunning every time you want to kiss me while actually all of that is bullshit, same works with guys, not that I dated any though, I met and heard so many such cases that I was interested to hear what other people thinks about it, that's why I care, btw, making love with Motorhead is awesome, Moonspell slow it down a bit, well, no one likes it the same way anyway

Written by Stalker on 07.05.2008 at 15:49

haha man, same here, this year on that frickin valentine I did not even knew I have to buy a gift, I thought no one gives a shit about that, and even though she said it doesn;t matter I don't care eather, damn, it was visible she expecting some crap in nice paper, anyhow, she dumped me a week after that

I rarely forgot birthday cause I set my phone to remind me, usually, I'd forget too, i mean, last year I was surprised when my mom stormed the room and wished me a happy b-day so, I maybe was to sleepy to remember it is my birthday though...

Quote:

Exactly! I agree man.

Nice man, Im happy to see that we agree in some points!

P.S. fuck you, Ive never thought about Russian paratroopers in WW2 until now. Now I have to check that out...
----
07.05.2008 - 18:36
Velvet Thorns
@Aronax Of Steel
i don't like the way long quotes make a forum look, so i'll just say i basically agree with all u say
i don't say u have to make a plan for how to jump onto a girl (i like this expression : ), i was asking what your dream girl is.. romantic or not?
for me, if you're thinking on these matters means that you are romantic - in some way and to certain point :}, not to point out growing flowers in Iceland yourself.. :}}}
if u ask me, i would describe myself as pretty romantic, too, but for example the guy i've been in love with for most of my life always forgot my birthday and this didn't make me like him less, or for example another guy, whom i was also very much in love with - he was very romantic - gothic style - but he was like this also with 1000 girls except me, but still i continue to like him very much..
what i want to say is maybe that everyone changes to match the person he/she likes.
btw i've never thought about making love on Motorhead, except Love Me Forever is the most arousing ballad of all times :}
and actually what happened with you and the girl you told about?
----
07.05.2008 - 21:13
wildchild
Warchild
@Stalker thanks dude =D
@Buggy Cool man =)
----
07.05.2008 - 22:03
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Velvet Thorns on 07.05.2008 at 18:36

@Aronax Of Steel
i don't like the way long quotes make a forum look, so i'll just say i basically agree with all u say
i don't say u have to make a plan for how to jump onto a girl (i like this expression : ), i was asking what your dream girl is.. romantic or not?
for me, if you're thinking on these matters means that you are romantic - in some way and to certain point :}, not to point out growing flowers in Iceland yourself.. :}}}
if u ask me, i would describe myself as pretty romantic, too, but for example the guy i've been in love with for most of my life always forgot my birthday and this didn't make me like him less, or for example another guy, whom i was also very much in love with - he was very romantic - gothic style - but he was like this also with 1000 girls except me, but still i continue to like him very much..
what i want to say is maybe that everyone changes to match the person he/she likes.
btw i've never thought about making love on Motorhead, except Love Me Forever is the most arousing ballad of all times :}
and actually what happened with you and the girl you told about?

I won't make a long quote then

To start, I did not say you think I tat, I just have few friends with same story all over and over again, to every girl the same story, the same jokes, the same pickup lines haha always wondered does they have a book or they pick it up from some movie or what, but it is little funny how some people say to a girl: "you have eyes like no other girl, their brightest than the stars" and when she says "ok, cool, walk away", they literally walks away to the girl behind her and say EXACTLY the same

Damn, my dream girl, heh, I don't know, you got me here, probably everything that I am not haha, it kinda sucks to think that way since I had my dream girl once, and it turns out to be she indeed was my dream girl, but not from the wet ones, but from some nightmare haha I always lived in that dream world where girls are gentle and "innocent", kinda romantic, but not in the hollywood kind of way, romantic in the way that she'll share your happiness and sadness and be the person that will calm you down, care about you, always know the right word in the right time, well, to be romantic, yes sure, to sum it up, someone that will make myself a complete person and someone I'll dedicate my life too, and everything I'll do would be for her happiness, well, our happiness actually, so far, I have never been even close to that. I can say I was kinda disappointed in most of my relationships..

But as you said for that guy, same works with me, I do not search for some special qualities at girls, well, when I meet some, even though she is nothing to the one I described I can see something sweet about her that will make me extremely attracted to her, and even though sh is nothing like the one I had in mind, damn, I'll droll all over the place and become all insane, she can be a hooligan or some dumb but sweet person to make me love her as she is.

Which one, the geeky chick from my first post or the one that liked to sit in the dark?
----
08.05.2008 - 16:37
Velvet Thorns
I was asking for the first one, but it 'd be interesting to hear about the second one, too | if it's not too long everything can happen in the dark

re the guys saying to every girl that her eyes are the most beautiful or that her kiss is the best or so on - sometimes it depends who is the guy - if i like him i make myself believe that he's sincere.
----