Metal Storm logo
Best Song on Iced Earth's Something Wicked album

Original post

Posted by Susan, 20.06.2006 - 04:54
Personally, I think Something Wicked This Way Comes is the greatest metal album of all time. Whether or not you agree with that it's an ass-kicking album either way. Each song is unique yet they create one cohesive masterpiece. Which is your favourite?

I chose "Burning Times" because it really goes above and beyond as an album opener. It's one of my favourite IE songs; it's so addictive - I never want it to end and I'm always pumped for more. Other choices might have been My Own Savior or Reaping Stone or Desciples of the Lie

**I didn't include the Wicked Trilogy songs because that would be a shoe-in

**I also didn't include the instrumental "1776" because there wasn't room (I love instrumentals BTW but had to choose ONE song to axe). Sorry if that was your pick

Poll

What's your favourite song on "Something Wicked This Way Comes"

Melancholy
Burning Times
Watching Over Me
Disciples of the Lie
Blessed Are You
Stand Alone
My Own Savior
Reaping Stone
Consequences

Total votes: 84
15.06.2007 - 01:46
In Chaos

it is hard to choose a favorite song from this album, since all of the songs are just great.
but my favorites would be The Coming curse, Melancholy and Burning times. but the rest of the album is great too.
05.07.2007 - 14:51
Infurnace

I chose Melancholy, because it simply is the best song on the album. The other songs are great too.
23.09.2007 - 17:12
PowerMetal
Account deleted
Watching Over Me just always sticks in my head after listening to that album, love Barlow's voice on it.
25.09.2007 - 09:13
Metal Freak

"The Coming Curse" all the way. Why was this not a choice?
----
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things, but for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
--Steven Weinberg
25.09.2007 - 09:28
Deadsoulman

The Coming Curse would be my pick as well, because of the epic grandeur of the whole song, and the vocals that I find particularly amazing. But read the first post, Lyrinan explains why it was not included.

In the available choices, I pick Burning Times, a great opening track
25.09.2007 - 21:09
Metal Freak

Written by Deadsoulman on 25.09.2007 at 09:28

The Coming Curse would be my pick as well, because of the epic grandeur of the whole song, and the vocals that I find particularly amazing. But read the first post, Lyrinan explains why it was not included.

In the available choices, I pick Burning Times, a great opening track

Ah, I guess helps to read the whole post. Yeah, outside of the Trilogy, "Burning Times" is also my favorite.
----
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things, but for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
--Steven Weinberg
09.10.2007 - 07:17
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
Disciples Of The Lie it has the most thrashy riff and its very fast i just love it and i like that keyboard solo at the middle
----
Stay Metal !!!
02.04.2008 - 04:08
IconMaiden

perfect album. all the songs are amazing, but melencholy is THE iced earth song. best band after maiden.
02.04.2008 - 04:56
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Disciples of the Lie sounds more powerfull, my personal favorite.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
09.10.2008 - 19:54
Bubblehead 101

The album are great, but the better song is Burning Times!!!
09.10.2008 - 23:57
Hrothdane

I really love the intensity of "My Own Saviour," but "Burning Times" is a much better song imo
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
03.01.2009 - 03:24
persie11

Consequences one of best song of this album ..
03.01.2009 - 04:04
I, The Quatropus

Melancholy. Something about that song puts me in a hella good mood.
----
Burzum did it for the lulz
11.08.2009 - 18:11
Razorback

This album kick ass,i chose stand alone,simply brutal
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
19.01.2010 - 23:09
thewall30

I just had to go with Melancholy, that song is one of the reasons why I got into Iced Earth.
Great album though with full of great songs!
----
11.02.2010 - 06:31
ToMegaTherion

This is one of those true classics of music. For me the best song/songs is the Something Wicked Trilogy which is just amazing. However since it is not included I would say Stand Alone is another great song. As well as basically every other song on the album.
13.02.2010 - 09:23
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Razorback on 11.08.2009 at 18:11

This album kick ass,i chose stand alone,simply brutal

Stand Alone is awesome! The lyrics add to the intensity as well, (great message too!) and if Im listening to it outside, I have to try hard to refrain from headbanging.

My fave track though, is "My Own Savior". It's a very intense track, with an awesome solo, and the way it ends is great. I also absolutely love the line ''Life's a bitch, life's a whore, nothing less, nothing more!"

The ballads are all great too, especially "Blessed Are You". That one sends shivers through me every time. The whole album rocks though, every song on it is amazing. Actually, I think I'll go and put it on now!
14.02.2010 - 08:12
Gobobbles
Account deleted
Of the non-trilogy songs, I had to go with Stand Alone...always a good pumper-upper
10.07.2010 - 17:19
Behdaad
DEAD
I voted for "Burning Times" but I like "Prophecy" too.

Something Wicked... Is a great album and one of my first metal albums!
----
As tyranny becomes normality;
We hang at the end of the rope.
23.11.2012 - 11:21
LichBorne

I voted for Melancholy couse you haven't put Birth of the Wicked!