01. Fuck Your Values, Fuck Your Beliefs
02. Cleanse The World
03. The Filth
04. Like Poison
05. False Heavens
06. In Contempt
07. Malignant
08. Loathe

Sweden can be proud. Their contribution to the modern Black Metal scene is crucial, with top notch acts such as Shining, Funeral Mist, Ondskapt and Craft. Thriving on Black Metal's revival in the form of raw Black fucking Metal, their scene is one of the strongest in Europe. Seeking a place among the giants is Avsky, a relatively new act, with their Moribund debut "Malignant". And a malignant duo they are!

Their weapon of choice is an unholy mix of Northern Europe's finest. Nothing new under the funeral moon, but nonetheless a very convincing ear-drum attack. Overall the music sounds like a Funeral Mist slowed down a tad, with the hateful attitude we all enjoy so much of a Darkthrone or a Craft. And for the icing on the cake, add a couple of Bethlehem-inspired moan and a truckload of disgust and misanthropia and you're done.

As for production, it is very well done, compared to most allies of destruction. Every instrument has it's own place, and nothing is extremely loud or soft, or muffled or sharp. However, the raw edges is at maintained at all times.

All in all I am taken by surprise by this twin-headed monster. And by the fact that raw Black fucking Metal could be so enjoyable. Over the years my attitude has become mostly skeptical towards this genre, but Avsky professionally crushed my prejudice. "Fuck Your Values, Fuck Your Beliefs!" Avsky is out to kill!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 6
Production: 8

Written on 05.05.2008 by If you're interested in extreme, often emotional and underground music, check out my reviews. I retired from reviewing, but I really used to be into that stuff.

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 45 users
06.05.2008 - 20:55
Damnated
Churchburner
not bad, but that's natural since they're copies of big bands from the swedish scene.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
09.06.2008 - 02:30
Rating: 9
HardSide

Very good album, reminds me of bathory.

Hits total: 4670 | This month: 14