Metal Storm logo
Bulgaria, Varna - Monsters Of Rock (CANCELED!)

Band:

Date: 01-09 August 2006
Organizer: Universum Entertainment

Tickets:

none! Refunds trough eventim.bg
Buy at www.eventim.bg

The festival was cancelled due to lack in professionalism both with the promoters and the Municipality of Varna.

And here is the official statement of the organisers:

"Dear fans, Dear bands, The Second Monsters of Rock Bulgaria Festival
To our great regret we should inform you that the Second Festival Monsters of Rock in Bulgaria will not take place. Quite recently Mr. Kiril Yordanov, the Mayor of the city of Varna, dramatically changed the terms and conditions of the official authorities that we were familiar with and thus deliberately spoiled the event. He wanted, among other things, to ban the consumption of alcoholic drinks during the festival and to change the closing time so that the event can not happen in a normal and reliable manner.

The 10 months of hard working, organization and great costs spent for advertising, TV- and radio- broadcasts, press, performers, etc. neither impressed the Mayor, nor did they made him abandon his intention.
Although the Municipal Council of the city of Varna has passed a public written resolution authorizing the conducting of Monsters of Rock Festival, it was ignored because the political fights for power in the municipality seem to be more important than doing something for the benefit of the city.
Please send your complaints and proposals to the city of Varna's official Web site at www.varna.bg.

We know that you are as disappointed as we are; we wanted, however, to organize such normal and reliable event as we were promised in order to avoid any mess, disorder and damage whatsoever for all participants, but in return we got this rejection.

We count on your understanding and we apologize once again.
We will, of course, refund all tickets sold for the MoR via www.eventim.bg.
In 2007, MoR will take place in Albena and we will do our best to ensure that all bands scheduled for 2006 MoR will be present thereat."

News

Comments

Comments: 10   Visited by: 12 users
20.06.2006 - 13:26
marinBG

I'm really proud that something that big if finally happening in Bulgaria... We really need a real metal fest here or otherwise we cannot see almost nobody... Still the organizers were asswholes... they first posted a list that included bands like Children Of Bodom, In Flames, Dimmu Borgir, Morbid Anger, Judas Priest and even SlipKnot, but at the end they couldn't really back it up with actions... The only good bands from the first list that were actually booked were just Soulfly (cause Max Cavalera loves to play in Bulgaria and takes every single chance to do it; they've been here 3 times already and one was even this year and every single Soulfly European Tour includes Bulgaria and it will probably continue being that way) and Fear Factory that even booked an additional show in Sofia becides the festival one, which is way cool, cause a lot of people are dissapointed and are not going to go to the festival, even if they like a few bands playing because they feel like they've been lied to, which is generally true, so they have the chance to see something good and new for them...

anyway... I hope next year the fest would be even stronger and this time they will not do shitty publicity stunts like this year...
----
...cause I don't give a fuck if you hate me!
19.07.2006 - 23:24
Ahto

CANCELLED!!!!!! http://www.monstersofrock.org/
20.07.2006 - 04:00
Damirius
Account deleted
Festival is canceled, tnx to mayor of Varna...
20.07.2006 - 07:59
marinBG

and thanx to the "professionalism" of the organisers that 10 days before the festival had contracts with everybody, BUT the municipality of Varna... If they had a contract, there would have been nothing the mayer would have been able to do to spil the event. And if everything was worked out on time, he wouldn't have had a reason to do this... Plus, you should always have a back-up option....

here is the official statement of Unversum Entertainment (who suck!) anyway...

Quote:
Dear fans, Dear bands, The Second Monsters of Rock Bulgaria Festival
To our great regret we should inform you that the Second Festival Monsters of Rock in Bulgaria will not take place. Quite recently Mr. Kiril Yordanov, the Mayor of the city of Varna, dramatically changed the terms and conditions of the official authorities that we were familiar with and thus deliberately spoiled the event. He wanted, among other things, to ban the consumption of alcoholic drinks during the festival and to change the closing time so that the event can not happen in a normal and reliable manner.
The 10 months of hard working, organization and great costs spent for advertising, TV- and radio- broadcasts, press, performers, etc. neither impressed the Mayor, nor did they made him abandon his intention.
Although the Municipal Council of the city of Varna has passed a public written resolution authorizing the conducting of Monsters of Rock Festival, it was ignored because the political fights for power in the municipality seem to be more important than doing something for the benefit of the city.
Please send your complaints and proposals to the city of Varna's official Web site at www.varna.bg.
We know that you are as disappointed as we are; we wanted, however, to organize such normal and reliable event as we were promised in order to avoid any mess, disorder and damage whatsoever for all participants, but in return we got this rejection.
We count on your understanding and we apologize once again.
We will, of course, refund all tickets sold for the MoR via www.eventim.bg.
In 2007, MoR will take place in Albena and we will do our best to ensure that all bands scheduled for 2006 MoR will be present thereat.Yours truly,
Universum Entertainment Team
Ute and Nedy Cross
www.monstersofrock.org
----
20.07.2006 - 15:17
antubis

I wanna kill. I've been waiting Edguy for so much long time, and finnaly someone who can up his dig can ruin my dream. Fuck him. Fuck Varna.
----
Down to the devil!
Striking out for paridese!
21.07.2006 - 07:47
marinBG

If the promoters had done their job, everything with the Municipality would have been worked out 2 or 3 months ago and there would have been a contract that even the mayor wouldn't have been able to violate... but mister Cross is a freakin amateur, who doesn't really know what he is doing but goes for the sensation before he is sure that what he promises can really happen... that's the problem I think...
----
26.07.2006 - 04:24
Promonex
Cathemeral
For some reason I'm not surprised...
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
02.09.2006 - 14:05
marinBG

Written by Promonex on 26.07.2006 at 04:24

For some reason I'm not surprised...

why?
----
02.09.2006 - 16:44
Promonex
Cathemeral
The stuff you wrote in your first post showed some parallels to the Metal Melting Summit in Croatia. There the organizers made promises galore and couldn't back them up. In contrary, the bands (Rage and Therion among others) arrived in Croatia where they found out that the festival wan't going to take place. Now seeing the awesome lineup the Monsters Of Rock was going to have compared to last year, I just couldn't imagine that it would work flawlessly; Universum Entertainment just didn't have the experience for such a huge event and as it turned out it was a mere formality that led to the cancellation. With more experience the organizer would've known how to avoid such a mess.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
08.05.2007 - 13:21
Elodie Artour
Slania
It's a shame...I love Leaves' Eyes and I talked to Thorsten per mail.He said they wanted to play in Bulgaria but...Unfortunately, the festival was cancelled. :XD

But, hey...Who would be surprised?!
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...

Hits total: 5267 | This month: 4