Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden - Release Album Title And Tracklist

Iron Maiden have recently posted the new tracklist and title of their new album on their official page. The Album title is 'A Matter of Life and Death' and the tracklist is as follows:

1. Different Worlds (Smith/Harris) 4.17
2. These Colours Don't Run (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) 6.52
3. Brighter Than a Thousand Suns (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) 8.44
4. The Pilgrim (Gers/Harris) 5.07
5. The Longest Day (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) 7.48
6. Out Of the Shadows (Dickinson/Harris) 5.36
7. The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg (Murray/Harris) 7.21
8. For The Greater Good of God (Harris) 9.24
9. Lord Of Light (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) 7.23
10. The Legacy (Gers/Harris) 9.20

No release dates have been announced as of yet, but the album is expected to be released sometime around early Autumn.

Source: ironmaiden.com
Band profile: Iron Maiden
Posted: 20.06.2006 by Silky

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 4 users
20.06.2006 - 20:09
NECURATU

Those track titles are kinda gay. Honestly.
----
When the sun rises I take my flock on the balks
When the moon rises I tell the woods good night
20.06.2006 - 20:33
RavenLord

Meh. They've had great songs with crap titles in the past. 'Thin Line Between Love and Hate' and 'Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner' being two. Time will tell, but the music is what will make or break the album for me.
----
20.06.2006 - 23:39
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
@ Silky: The Thin Line Between Love And Hate was the weakest song of the BNW album imo, in fact, the only bad one i would say.
Lonliness is awesome though.

Again we see why Adrian Smith is a better musician than Dave Murray, look at the song contributions (having said that, i havent heard what they are like yet). Its good because there really isnt many songs Adrian has input on that suck. I mean, the last album wasnt a great one, alright, but not up the top, Pashendale was easily the best imo, and it again was Adrians song. I have high hopes now for this album.

Look at the song lengths...
21.06.2006 - 01:35
ajschlosser1980
Account deleted
Sweet. Maiden has always been good to me for the most part so I am sure that they will do a great job with the album. I love their last one: "Dance of Death" as well as all their old material. They never went downhill like Metallica. Like I said in a past forum, Metallica needs to retire. Maiden on the other hand, I want them to play as long as they can. MAIDEN FOREVER!
21.06.2006 - 02:19
danzig111
Account deleted
wtf! omg the lengths!
21.06.2006 - 04:22
Raiden
Down Under Staff
I actually sent in this news myself, but you must've just gotten in ahead of me To add to your post:

Iron Maiden have announced that they will be touring Japan as the first country on their support tour for A Matter of Life and Death.

Here are the Japan dates:

Oct. 25 - Tokyo, JPN @ Budokan
Oct. 27 - Hamamatsu, JPN @ Act City
Oct. 28 - Tokyo, JPN @ Kokusai Forum
Oct. 30 - Osaka, JPN @ Jo Hall
Oct. 31 - Nagoya, JPN @ Shimin Hall

Bassist Steve Harris has said that Japan usually is one of the last countries, and so Iron Maiden have decided to tour there first this time. The band has always been happy with the crowds and reception that they get when they tour in Japan.

Here are vocallist Bruce Dickinson's thoughts: "It's great to be back with our big show in Japan, especially the Budokan which has been a legendary venue for us and other great bands since I can remember. We've always loved playing in Japan over every tour and we all have many friends there."

A quote from Steve Harris: "We've already had an awesome reaction to the shows announced for the European leg of the tour. Many of the venues selling out in hours with others virtually sold out before we've had a chance to promote them properly. It's been incredible."
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
21.06.2006 - 12:44
Revenant
Account deleted
I'm really impressed by the length of the tracks and the albums and some of the songtitles are pretty cool, though some are kind of lame. I wonder what the concept is... Knowing maiden it'll probably involve war and religion.
04.07.2006 - 05:59
Iron_Metalfan
Account deleted
Not liking the length of the Tracks, They are starting to get into Progressive Metal, I dont want to listen to Bruce sing Dreamtheater style shit, Why couldnt they go back to the killers or Number of the beast style, look at these titles They are way out there, Really confused and Kind of angry. But then again It IS Maiden and they haven't ever really let me down........Time will tell though
04.07.2006 - 11:48
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Jeez, clocking in over 1 hour and 8 minutes. I am sure that this will bore the hell out of me, Maiden are at their best with 5 minute songs not the long overdrawn epics. But I am sure it can't be as bad as their last effort though.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

Hits total: 2797 | This month: 14