Metal Storm logo
Best Burzum Album

Original post

Posted by RhysTerk, 18.05.2008 - 00:34
Which is the best Burzum album?
IMO it is "Filosofem", it has a nearly perfect atmosphere.

Poll

Which is the best Burzum album?

Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Filosofem
Burzum
Det Som Engang Var
Dauði Baldrs
Hliðskjálf

Total votes: 93
24.05.2014 - 14:00
Krankheit
Account deleted
Hvis Lyset Tar Oss. The title song is epic.
27.05.2014 - 06:25
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I really dislike the production and vocal work on any other Burzum album other than Filosofem to be honest. Easy pick for me.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
09.01.2015 - 08:30
Totenlieder
Mine would probably be the self titled Burzum.
Ea Lord of the Depths and A Lost Forgotten Sad Spirit are very good songs I think.
But the whole album is just so raw and sounds so full of hate and despair.
Kind of hard to describe but I like it anyways.
Either that or Filosofem.
Like most probably say, the atmosphere is killer.
----
Blut & Krieg
16.01.2015 - 22:35
Nucky
Hvis Lyset Tar Oss for my taste..
02.08.2016 - 00:18
Mikolaj
Account deleted
Hvis lyset tar oss is the only Burzum album I like so my vote went to that. Honestly, I dont understand why people like Filosofem so much. Its a freakin inconsistent album with so many uninteresting parts in it, that its impossible for me to listen to the whole thing without skipping at least one part.
02.08.2016 - 11:18
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 02.08.2016 at 00:18

Hvis lyset tar oss is the only Burzum album I like so my vote went to that. Honestly, I dont understand why people like Filosofem so much. Its a freakin inconsistent album with so many uninteresting parts in it, that its impossible for me to listen to the whole thing without skipping at least one part.

I always found 'Hvis lyset tar oss' sort of inconsistent too as the 'Det som en gang var' (probably the best Burzum track) track is leagues ahead of the others in quality and it sort of makes it hard for me to finish it.

The Det Som En Gang Var album is the one for me though. I love the almost vicious but melancholic sound, and it's the one that makes most sense to me as an album.
02.08.2016 - 17:17
Mikolaj
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 02.08.2016 at 11:18

Written by Guest on 02.08.2016 at 00:18

I always found 'Hvis lyset tar oss' sort of inconsistent too as the 'Det som en gang var' (probably the best Burzum track) track is leagues ahead of the others in quality and it sort of makes it hard for me to finish it.

The Det Som En Gang Var album is the one for me though. I love the almost vicious but melancholic sound, and it's the one that makes most sense to me as an album.

Det som engang var is certainly the best track on the album (my favourite Burzum song too), but Tomhet is almost as great. Great closer and its the best ambient track he has ever done (which really isnt too difficult).

Det som engang var the album though, never interested me at all, sorry. I find it to be a quite cheap album with a boring guitar sound and a non existent atmosphere, at least to my ears it sounds like this. Hvis lyset tar oss is the album where he truly shows his abilities as a black metal musician
02.08.2016 - 18:32
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 02.08.2016 at 17:17

Det som engang var is certainly the best track on the album (my favourite Burzum song too), but Tomhet is almost as great. Great closer and its the best ambient track he has ever done (which really isnt too difficult).

Det som engang var the album though, never interested me at all, sorry. I find it to be a quite cheap album with a boring guitar sound and a non existent atmosphere, at least to my ears it sounds like this. Hvis lyset tar oss is the album where he truly shows his abilities as a black metal musician

I actually tried listening to it earlier on, and I still droned out somewhere during the second track
02.08.2016 - 22:15
ANGEL REAPER
Hmmm, most likely Det Som Engang Var for me. I like all songs out of it anyway.
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
03.08.2016 - 19:39
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Fallen.
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

03.08.2016 - 19:44
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
No, back when I was getting into Burzum it was all Hvis Lyset but now I recently checkecked them out and only now I think the first track is the only one that stands out completely. I then rechecked out Filosofem and ended up having a change of heart listening to it twice back to back much to my surprise! I find it to be more complete in its atmosphere out of the two and prefer it overall now. The ambient Pillar de Single didn't even bother me at all, unlike when I heard Tohmet again, which made me feel like I was listening to Gym music....
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

23.08.2016 - 17:11
Cy Nide
I really like both the self titled Burzum and Filosofem. However, the 25 minute ambient track on Filosofem kills it a slight bit for me so I would have to choose Burzum as a favorite.
I also like Det Som Engang Var and Fallen.
21.09.2016 - 17:32
Written by Cy Nide on 23.08.2016 at 17:11

I really like both the self titled Burzum and Filosofem. However, the 25 minute ambient track on Filosofem kills it a slight bit for me so I would have to choose Burzum as a favorite.
I also like Det Som Engang Var and Fallen.

Agreed, although it is relaxing to listen to at night.