Metal Storm logo
Your Guitar Pro Works

18.05.2008 - 11:29
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Share with us your GP works here

my first song i have completed and is at least a bit worth to listen is The Journey Of The Damned...i would call it a symphonic speed/power metal ballad...it has lyrics as well written by my german friend, but so far i havent found any vocalist i know the quality of GP midi record is not really great, but i still find it quite nice and hope i will one day play it on real instruments
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

18.05.2008 - 11:42
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i wouldn't do that if i were you, since it's so easy to steal stuff on guitar pro, though i checked the song out and it sounds good, but how come when i import it in GP5 the drum track disappears?

edit: and i can also tell you're a keyboardist just by looking at the guitar tracks. i've also tried messing around with little nice melodies, trust me, it doesn't work in metal. you either have to have chords or riffs, or solo's. those cute stuff work only in movie soundtracks
19.05.2008 - 02:29
Varegan
Hamranakara
its my first GP work Iv done a long time ago:Grieving Moolight
http://www.esnips.com/doc/1988e496-70a9-479d-b27c-0406a9ef32ea/grieving-moonlight
@Chris Amber: your song look so epic!!!
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
19.05.2008 - 16:28
Lord TJ
I would post something, but I cant make anything. It gets to that point where the bars fuck up and either they are exceeded or incomplete and I cant make them complete, then it fucks up the timing of everything to follow it. Really pisses me off! (Happened last night).
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
19.05.2008 - 23:58
Smurfophagist
My friend had a similar problem when he started making songs in GP so he changed the time signature every two or three bars hehe. Every song I do for my band is first made in GP and then actually played. Every band member gets the tab and learns the stuff me and the guitar player from my band come up with. It's a lot of work, but I like the sound of it.
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
20.05.2008 - 16:09
Lord TJ
I dont understand the time signatures.

lol, When I began playing guitar I had an instructor try to teach me to read music and whatnot for a month straight, I got nowhere, then he moved away.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

20.05.2008 - 16:26
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Lord TJ on 20.05.2008 at 16:09

lol, When I began playing guitar I had an instructor try to teach me to read music and whatnot for a month straight, I got nowhere, then he moved away.

it's simple dude, i don't know how come you can't have reaqlised this by now. 4/4 means 4 quarter notes per bar. a quarter note = 2 eigth notes = 4 sixteenth notes. also, 2 quarter notes make a half note, and 4 quarter notes make a full note.
20.05.2008 - 19:31
Lord TJ
Written by Valentin B on 20.05.2008 at 16:26

it's simple dude, i don't know how come you can't have reaqlised this by now. 4/4 means 4 quarter notes per bar. a quarter note = 2 eigth notes = 4 sixteenth notes. also, 2 quarter notes make a half note, and 4 quarter notes make a full note.

Yea but I also know nothing about music, for some reason its hard for me to understand it.
----

20.05.2008 - 19:35
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Lord TJ on 20.05.2008 at 19:31

Yea but I also know nothing about music, for some reason its hard for me to understand it.

what do you mean you don't know anything about music? you mean you don't know ANY musical theory at all? how long have you been playing?
20.05.2008 - 19:59
Lord TJ
Written by Valentin B on 20.05.2008 at 19:35

Written by Lord TJ on 20.05.2008 at 19:31

what do you mean you don't know anything about music? you mean you don't know ANY musical theory at all? how long have you been playing?

I meant like reading music and stuff like that.
----

20.05.2008 - 20:13
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Lord TJ on 20.05.2008 at 19:59

well, i don't really know about that. how are you going to progress if you just memorize everything?
20.05.2008 - 20:17
Lord TJ
Written by Valentin B on 20.05.2008 at 20:13

well, i don't really know about that. how are you going to progress if you just memorize everything?

Thats how I have always improved, I am one of the best guitarists of my generation in my area from what I know and from what others tell me.
----

20.05.2008 - 23:18
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by Lord TJ on 20.05.2008 at 20:17

Written by Valentin B on 20.05.2008 at 20:13

Thats how I have always improved, I am one of the best guitarists of my generation in my area from what I know and from what others tell me.

my knoeledge of music is so poor like TJ, but Im a good guitarist as other says.you just have to love to play it and soon you will learn it.
----

20.05.2008 - 23:46
Lord TJ
I think really as long as you know what your doing your fine. I also think being able to memorize full songs without needing to rely on reading music while you play is a great advantage as well!
----

21.05.2008 - 10:40
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i dont know any music theory either...i have learned everything i know so far by trying and making mistakes
----

21.05.2008 - 11:25
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i still think that is a dangerous thing to do. i'm not really the hugest geek of musical theory, i also know really little, but believe me, chords and shit help A LOT. if you wanna be the next Jimi Hendrix, go ahead, but to get to that guy's level you gotta WORK like hell. music theory gives you a little shortcut, you can progress easier knowing what exactly you are learning.
21.05.2008 - 11:59
Valentin B
Iconoclast
http://www.2shared.com/file/3317563/f5bb72ca/y_online.html well anyway here's one of my early works in GP, you'd notice that at the end the 'drummer' is going Dave Lombardo mode because he's angry at playing the same rhythm for most of the song it's also one of the very few songs i actually finished..
19.06.2008 - 00:11
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
----

19.06.2008 - 13:29
Smurfophagist
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
19.06.2008 - 13:30
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
and what about the music itself ?
----

20.06.2008 - 21:58
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by Ellrohir on 19.06.2008 at 13:30

and what about the music itself ?

drum beats are quietly like summoning songs, with some guitar riffs and Shrieking vocals it will be a summoning song good one...
----