Metal Storm logo
Your Ideal Gear Setup

18.05.2008 - 12:27
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
regardless of instrument, whether it be vocals or bass, any musician has an idealized "dream setup". im a bass player, i want to use some killer warwick neck through beast through an ampeg full stack.

i leave this to the rest of ya'll. what're your vices?
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
19.05.2008 - 09:45
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
I think there is an old thread like this, but a new one sounds good instead of reading through all the old pages.

I'm already happy with my Schecter Hellraiser Tempest, and my college has a Jackson I could use when I wanted to.

I'd upgrade my Spider II to a Spider III Guitar Amplifier Half Stack with SPIII75HD Head and 412 Cabinet.

Bass: Schecter Hellraiser 4 in the same black cherry finish as my guitar and a Line 6 LD300 bass amp.

Pretty content with my drums too, so I'd just like an onslaught of cymbals to choose from. All of the Zildjian A-Customs that I don't have, the other Sabian Paragons I don't have and the rest of the Sabian AAX cymbals I don't have.

Some better mics would be awsome, and a Firewire mixer/input device would kick ass - I'd be set! Ah, maybe a more sound proof studio and a better set of vocals.
21.05.2008 - 15:01
Hangar XVIII
I already have a third of it, and i'm getting the amp soon.

My Gibson SG Special through a Natural Overdrive pedal into a Peavey Classic 50 40/10.

Very deep purple-y, good for protometal and neoclassical.
Not great for anyting too heavy since it uses 10 inch speakers, and the tubes are hard to push. I've never really played it loud enough to see though.
----
myspace.com/absentchrist
My new black metal project.
21.05.2008 - 19:23
Valentin B
Iconoclast
(whatever Jon Schaffer was using on Alive in Athens)

does anyone know?
22.05.2008 - 03:00
METAL_MIKE
Account deleted
as a guitar player, i would like..

Mesa Triple Rectifier with 2 Orange vintage 30 loaded cabs,
Jackson RR1 with seymour duncan blackouts,
7 string Ibanez Xiphos with trem system loaded with seymour duncan blackouts,
MXR EVH FLanger, MXR boost (for leads) , Dunlop Cry Baby from Hell, Digitech Whammy pedal.
28.09.2008 - 11:40
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Guest on 22.05.2008 at 03:00

as a guitar player, i would like..

Mesa Triple Rectifier with 2 Orange vintage 30 loaded cabs,
Jackson RR1 with seymour duncan blackouts,
7 string Ibanez Xiphos with trem system loaded with seymour duncan blackouts,
MXR EVH FLanger, MXR boost (for leads) , Dunlop Cry Baby from Hell, Digitech Whammy pedal.

a guy i used to play in a band with has a mesa triple rectifier. that thing KICKS.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
19.10.2008 - 01:34
Valentin B
Iconoclast
A Gibson Classic LP heritage cherry sunburst either with the stock pickups(which at 2000$/ guitar would have to be pretty fucking good) or with SD Jazz in the neck and EMG PAF Joe in the bridge(for a trebly razor sharp HOT AS SHIT tone)... or both of these guitars, one being a backup LOL. gonna update this soon enough lol
20.10.2008 - 22:52
WarriorOfMetal
Written by Valentin B on 21.05.2008 at 19:23

(whatever Jon Schaffer was using on Alive in Athens)

does anyone know?

i believe he was using USA B.C. Rich guitars through a custom Larry Grohman amp.

anyway, i'm pretty close to mine, just a few small tweaks...

my main rig: custom-built 7-string guitar --> Engl Savage 120 --> 4x12 with Celestion Classic Lead 80s
#2 rig: customized Charvel CX-390 --> modified DOD YJM308 overdrive --> VHT Deliverance 60 --> custom 4x12 with VHT P50Es
24.11.2008 - 22:27
Frankenchrist
Aiiiiiite homie.

jackson rr5 with a metal zone pedal, a hendrix wah-wah through a kerry king marshall stack amp.
----
Blat Blat