Metal Storm logo
Borknagar - Drummer Quits The Band

Borknagar have issued the following update:

"Due to the latest years evolving differences in musical ideas and visions, Asgeir Mickelson has decided to quit Borknagar. The split happens in a friendly manner and with mutual respect for the decision that he has made. He will remain a good friend of the band. We wish to thank him for a great collaboration over the years and the best of luck with future endeavours! The split will have little or no effect on the schedule of the forthcoming album. We are currently working on pre-productions and we are heading for an early-next-year release. As stated before, the new album will regain the musical forces that dominated the 4 first albums. So beware!"

Source: blog.myspace.com
Band profile: Borknagar
Posted: 23.05.2008 by SlaytallicA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 116 users
23.05.2008 - 20:12
Gordon Freeman

"As stated before, the new album will regain the musical forces that dominated the 4 first albums. So beware!""

I certainly freaking hope so. This whole progressive phase was getting on my nerves...
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
23.05.2008 - 20:28
Asitis

I smell a Metallica like thing going on; "oh, this one will be better! Really!"
----
The silent moment, right before the dusk fades away
I open my eyes, but the darkness stays
23.05.2008 - 22:24
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Long live Vintersorg! Origin was ok, but I feel it was a failed experiment for Borknagar...
24.05.2008 - 12:53
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Asgeir was a great drummer for Borknagar, too bad...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
24.05.2008 - 21:19
kaylamacgavin

"As stated before, the new album will regain the musical forces that dominated the 4 first albums. So beware!"

the only way thats going to happen is if vortex returns.
24.05.2008 - 23:01
dancingdecember

whatever borknagar has done,it worked great for me.and origin was a great album imo.im sure next one will be great too.
----
i'm super, thanks for asking
26.05.2008 - 16:16
Shankao

The level of last two albums was going down. Epic was too similar to Empiricism, and Origin is a failed experiment. Anywary, Great band!!!:)
28.05.2008 - 02:21
Gordon Freeman

Written by Introspekrieg on 23.05.2008 at 22:24

Long live Vintersorg! Origin was ok, but I feel it was a failed experiment for Borknagar...

As much as I love Vintersorg, I think both Vortex and Garm fit better with Borknagar.

Considering that Vintersorg recently stepped back a little bit from his prog phase with Solens Rotter though I do have high hopes for a more folkish resurgence with Borknagar.
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking

Hits total: 3562 | This month: 5