Metal Storm logo
Aesma Daeva - Guitarist Earl Root Has Passed Away

R.I.P. Earl Root 1962 - 2008

Earl Root was born in 1962 and for the rest of his life embraced music with passion and enthusiasm. He was raised in Edina MN. Growing up in a working class family he developed a strong work ethic and thrived on a full schedule that was as he said "bordering on chaos."

Earl formed the band Disturbed in the mid 80's, [and] they played and toured constantly with acts such as Sepultura, and Death. A key contributor to the mid west Metal Scene Earl helped form the first Milwaukee Metal Fest, and for 27 years he ran The Root of all Evil Radio show at KFAI. Where he helped promote, interview and break many new underground acts.

Earl came home in the sense of the word when he met his wife Nancy. Nancy became an important support for him throughout his life. Together Earl and Nancy held memorable 4th of July parties, and Halloween was an event that was not taken lightly at the Root household.

Well on tour he could often be found in pawn shops finding collectable vinyl or as he described it to the younger generation "Really big cd's that sound better than cd". In 1990 his passion for collecting brought him to open Root Cellar Records A premier Vinyl record store. To date much of his collection remains and can be bought through his family's E-Bay Store.

In 2001 Earl joined Aesma Daeva as a primary rhythm guitarist. He continued to play guitar with the band throughout his chemo therapy, radiation and stem cell treatments. In 2007 with bladder cancer, and a kidney stent Earl completed a full U.S. and Canadian tour with Aesma Daeva.

Earl J Root passed away on Saturday May 24th 2008 at his home in Minneapolis with his wife Nancy at his side. He died of complications from his 10 year contention with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. He is survived by his wife Nancy and son Arron.

Source: symphonicmetalband.com
Band profile: Aesma Daeva
Posted: 26.05.2008 by dismaleuphony

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 87 users
26.05.2008 - 06:30
AngelofGrief

- RIP
26.05.2008 - 07:11
Soliloquy

but....:(

RIP EARL
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
26.05.2008 - 08:44
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Man, it's amazing the people you'll never know about until they die. Life, man. Life.
----
The force will be with you, always.
26.05.2008 - 10:39
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
rip in peace
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
26.05.2008 - 14:23
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
RIP Earl,
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
26.05.2008 - 15:16
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
R I P man
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
26.05.2008 - 17:01
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Never actually listened to the band, but anyway, sad news, he died pretty young... RIP.
----
26.05.2008 - 23:35
M??aLWaRrIöR?

RIP Earl:cry:

Hits total: 7288 | This month: 14