02. Alive
03. Endeavor To Persevere
04. How Far
05. Role Model
06. The Waiting
07. Ion Drive
08. Face The Day
09. Time

"Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try, no hell below us, above us only sky" no no John Lenon is not back unfortunately on Earth, but actually I have to disagree with the lyrics of his famous hit "Imagine" because there is, at least for the fans of Prog Metal, a synonym to the word heaven and its name is "Imagine", the last album of Stride a band that comes from the USA.

Definitely, this "Imagine" is one of the best surprises of the year if you like cool and mellowing Progressive Music. Don't misunderstand me Stride doesn't play something in the vein of a Porcupine Tree or Anathema, this is Heavy Metal with strong riffs and powerful melodies but however in general the music is cool and really "sad". It's impossible for example to do any comparison between them and a Symphony X, Stride is strong and heavy but this is not "Thrashy". Is it a problem? Of course not but you must know that you'll be in front of a music really atmospheric.

Also, there is a lot of Keyboards on this release and actually I think that it is even the keyboards that lead the melodies. If you don't like such sound it will be maybe a problem but if you don't care and like this instrument you'll probably be really happy because the Keyboards lines are really good and efficient. Don't worry however the guitars are still present on the record too and the amazing voice of Gary Belin will probably conquer a lot of people who didn't know him before. The music of Stride is really technical but it's never boring and I love the fact that it sounds "American Metal". I don't really know how to explain this point but I'm quite sure that you'll understand what I mean if you're a fan of American Metal and evidently know the Europeans releases too.

This album is a real jewel, a real success and if you like Rock, Prog and Metal you will have to buy this release. These guys are a bunch of great talented musicians so listen to Jeff and check this album asap because you won't regret it.

Written by Jeff | 08.12.2005

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 28 users
27.05.2008 - 15:48
Rating: 9
GT
Coffee!!
Can't believe I haven't commented here yet. I really must agree with you here Jeff. It's an excellent album indeed.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
10.06.2009 - 09:41
Rating: 10
Scream8tor

I agree - this is a really great album. It has stood the test of time. I still have urges to listen to this album and I'm always amazed each time I listen to it.
16.07.2009 - 23:12
Rating: 10
MetalMac

Awesome album... it's like a metal "Journey" band. Oh by the way they have done full concerts devoted to "Journey"!!!!!

-Macinthemetal
19.07.2009 - 14:31
Rating: 6
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
It's not bad...the last song "Time" sounds ALOT like "Send Her My Love" by Journey....check it out!
----
rekt

Hits total: 3142 | This month: 7