Metal Storm logo
Asmegin

28.05.2008 - 22:54
Gordon Freeman
Okay, my first thread.

I chose to open a thread on Asmegin because one, I couldn't find another one using the search, and two, I NEED news about them badly!!!

I haven't heard anything about their new album forever. Their web page hasn't been updated since April 10 of 2007.

Does anybody know anything at all about the whereabouts of this amazing blackend folk metal band?

Maybe we can put their faces on a milk carton...
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
29.05.2008 - 04:43
Stigmatized
You're not the only one wondering. The debut is great, but it's time for some new stuff. Reading comments on their Last.fm page, it seems they are all doing the school thing, but a new album may surface in '08.
29.05.2008 - 22:52
Gordon Freeman
Written by Stigmatized on 29.05.2008 at 04:43

You're not the only one wondering. The debut is great, but it's time for some new stuff. Reading comments on their Last.fm page, it seems they are all doing the school thing, but a new album may surface in '08.

Yeah, I was keeping tabs on the band's recording progress thru their website. They have all their songs written and were just recording the drums when they suddenly stopped updating the site. I know they had a bit of a shaky line-up and it's been a year without news, so I'm just worried that another fantastic band may have dissapeared from the scene without a trace.

----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

30.05.2008 - 15:48
Janne
Hugin
First of all, someone should add Asmegin to MS...
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
30.05.2008 - 21:10
Gordon Freeman
Written by Janne on 30.05.2008 at 15:48

First of all, someone should add Asmegin to MS...

No kidding!
----

29.08.2008 - 17:07
Janne
Hugin
Finally, I've added the band!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
29.08.2008 - 21:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know this band, I like dit old days, but sometimes one album can make me lil bored too, thay are good quality, but I sometime are bored from this band, but I listen it werry rear too, IMO tahy need realise new album soon
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.08.2008 - 22:44
Janne
Hugin
Written by Bad English on 29.08.2008 at 21:09

I know this band, I like dit old days, but sometimes one album can make me lil bored too, thay are good quality, but I sometime are bored from this band, but I listen it werry rear too, IMO tahy need realise new album soon

Their last post on their official homepage is that they started the recording of their new album...and it was posted in 2007 april
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
28.12.2008 - 18:57
VPeter
Arv is one hell of a letdown. Bad production, repetive and song structure hangs together like loose sand. After 5 years they come up with this?! what the hell happend?!
28.12.2008 - 22:17
Janne
Hugin
Written by VPeter on 28.12.2008 at 18:57

Arv is one hell of a letdown. Bad production, repetive and song structure hangs together like loose sand. After 5 years they come up with this?! what the hell happend?!

I thought the same first, but I've listened to it more and I don't think it's so bad, now. It's very pure compared to the firs album but not bad at all. Give it a chance to grow on you!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
28.12.2008 - 23:03
VPeter
Written by Janne on 28.12.2008 at 22:17

Arv is one hell of a letdown. Bad production, repetitive and song structure hangs together like loose sand. After 5 years they come up with this?! what the hell happened?!

I thought the same first, but I've listened to it more and I don't think it's so bad, now. It's very pure compared to the firs album but not bad at all. Give it a chance to grow on you!

Despite what I said I still give it a 6. I won't be listing it for some time, because listing to such blow in the stomach is just not fun it only kills the fun memories you had of the band. And It's definitely not a grower, listing more to it will just make it worse. The flaws of the bad production and such will just become more clear with each listen.
28.12.2008 - 23:10
Janne
Hugin
Written by VPeter on 28.12.2008 at 23:03

Written by Janne on 28.12.2008 at 22:17

Arv is one hell of a letdown. Bad production, repetitive and song structure hangs together like loose sand. After 5 years they come up with this?! what the hell happened?!

Despite what I said I still give it a 6. I won't be listing it for some time, because listing to such blow in the stomach is just not fun it only kills the fun memories you had of the band. And It's definitely not a grower, listing more to it will just make it worse. The flaws of the bad production and such will just become more clear with each listen.

Okey, do what you want I just advised it.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
12.01.2009 - 11:06
Ieag
Account deleted
I still need to hear Arv. Gotta give it a chance atleast, no matter what. But, I was hoping they would top the debut, though...since it took so long recording etc.