Metal Storm logo
Necros Christos

31.05.2008 - 19:52
Narterath

Necros Christos is a relatively new band, formed in 2001. They play Death Metal with Black Metal (and Doom as well) influences, in the vein of the old school greats such as Incantation or Immolation. It's a slow type of Death Metal, dirty, atmospheric, with an evil feeling that's present in very few bands these days. They call their music Necromantic Death Metal, which is a relatively easy way to describe what they sound like.
From the first hearing of releases like Grave Damnation, their split with Teitanblood, their first full-length, Triune Impurity Rites, and generally all their releases, one notices the skillful songwriting of Mors Dalos Ra. Catchy riffs that maintain a filthy, putrid feeling, morbid solos and scary intros/interludes, mixed with the "voodoo" drumming of Christhammer form what may be the pinnacle of modern death metal. Unfortunately, Christhammer left the band, but I'm sure that their new drummer, Mister Raelin, will be able to fill the void.
Generally, the work of Necros Christos, along with the work of bands like Dead Congregation and Drowned (side project of Mors Dalos Ra) to name a couple, is a sign of the revival of Death Metal in the old school vein. It's a huge middle finger in the face of Slam-Death, Deathcore, or Technical Death acts, proving that brutality or unsurpassed technicality is not the perfect recipe for good music.
Anyway, to start this discussion, what is your opinion on this band and its work?
31.05.2008 - 20:04
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Triune Impurity Rites is an awesome album. Thanks for reminding me of them, I need to put them on my wishlist for when I receive my first paycheck in months.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
01.06.2008 - 00:16
Narterath

Well, currently the releases that are available through some distros are Triune Impurity Rites and Grave Damnation, but they're running out fast man. The DLP of Triune Impurity Rites has been released only recently, and it sold out on most of the distros that had it. Too bad most of the people are buying the releases only because they're limited, but I'm not going to get into this sort of conversation right now.
01.06.2008 - 09:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
A german vesrse fror Krisiun
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.06.2008 - 14:44
Lord TJ

For some reason this band name makes me think of some name for a foreign food.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
01.06.2008 - 15:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Lord TJ on 01.06.2008 at 14:44

For some reason this band name makes me think of some name for a foreign food.

hahahhahaha
----

apos;'
[image]
01.06.2008 - 17:53
Kaamos
Account deleted
Love 'em. Both Grave Damnation & TIR are great, haven't heard their other stuff.
The atmosphere, especially in TIR, is really something. I might add that the DLP is pretty damn sweet looking, pure quality!

Written by Bad English on 01.06.2008 at 09:50

01.06.2008 - 18:42
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
I really don't understand the hype around this band. It's not really anything special or original. Probably comes from the ebay hype. Some of their rarer stuff seems to sell for high prices. Probably why Bone Awl were so popular for a time but that soon died down.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
01.06.2008 - 19:03
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by -tom- on 01.06.2008 at 18:42

I really don't understand the hype around this band. It's not really anything special or original. Probably comes from the ebay hype. Some of their rarer stuff seems to sell for high prices. Probably why Bone Awl were so popular for a time but that soon died down.

I didn't know they were that hot, too be honest. I only know about 4 or 5 internet people that know about them. But that does suck, as I am not going to shell out a lot of cash for there stuff.

As for the reason why I like them so much, they just have this very natural, filthy atmosphere to them. Granted, not anything new, but they do it good.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
01.06.2008 - 20:23
Damnated
Churchburner

not even close.

as for Necros Christos, i own their full-length and it's certainly a great record, one of the highlights of the last year. never picked up their other works though, should i?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
01.06.2008 - 20:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Damnated on 01.06.2008 at 20:23

not even close.

as for Necros Christos, i own their full-length and it's certainly a great record, one of the highlights of the last year. never picked up their other works though, should i?

What I hera thay remeinds me Krisiun but I listened it long ago (in this year)
----

apos;'
[image]
01.06.2008 - 20:32
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Bad English on 01.06.2008 at 20:28

What I hera thay remeinds me Krisiun but I listened it long ago (in this year)

they can't remind you of Krisiun, because musically the two bands have nothing in common, even if both of them play death metal.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
01.06.2008 - 21:21
Narterath

Written by Damnated on 01.06.2008 at 20:23

not even close.

Of course you should! Get Grave Damnation, and both the splits with Teitanblood and Goat Molestor. Great releases, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
01.06.2008 - 21:46
Damnated
Churchburner
i just noticed on MA that they have a split with Loss. now there's something i'm interested in. will check out the other splits too.
----

01.06.2008 - 22:23
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Either download their earlier stuff or forget it. It's all expensive. I'm willing to trade teitanblood/NC split 7" which will probably be your best bet unless you've got money to burn. It sold for $100 on ebay. Wtf?

EDIT: actually, it's on ebay at the moment if anyone cares.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
01.06.2008 - 22:29
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by -tom- on 01.06.2008 at 22:23

Either download their earlier stuff or forget it. It's all expensive. I'm willing to trade teitanblood/NC split 7" which will probably be your best bet unless you've got money to burn. It sold for $100 on ebay. Wtf?

sounds strange, considering they're a relatively new band. never thought about buying their stuff, though.
----

02.06.2008 - 13:48
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Ordered "Triune Impurity Rites" for 9,90 euro.
----

02.06.2008 - 23:50
Anton Alcolust

this band is exelent !
i saw then in october 2007 at Berlin , that was an awesome show .
the demo "grave damnation" is exelent too .
----
A.M.S.G.
16.01.2009 - 16:52
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
http://tentacula.org/nuclear.winter/intro.htm?f=0

Teitanblood compilation CD has now been released. It has the tracks from the demo and the 2 7"s they released. It's only 7euros so you can't go far wrong with that. Teitanblood is in the vein of Blasphemy and Beherit's first albums with that kind of morbid Necros Christos vibe. There's a lot of bands in the Blasphemy vein nowadays but this is one definitely worth getting hold of.

Sorry if this seems kind of off-topic but I thought it was better to post this here than start a new thread. They did a split 7" with Necros Christos so seemed sensible to post it here.

I heard about this back in September when it was apparently going to be released within 3 weeks. I traded and sold my Teitanblood stuff back then and got great deals (£50 and the first Sorhin MCD) but probably would have thought twice if I knew it'd be delayed this long.
----

Read Watchmen.
06.11.2011 - 13:20
Narterath

It's been almost half a year since they've released their new album, what do people think of it? I'd say it's a step up from Triune Impurity Rites, but it takes quite a few listens to get into it (mostly due to its length). It's more cohesive than TIR, maybe because all the songs they've composed were solely composed for the album and not for splits or demo tapes. Probably one of the best Death Metal releases of 2011. Highlights: Invoked From Carrion Slumber and Doom Of Kali Ma/Pyramid Of Shakti Love/Flame Of Master Shiva.
06.11.2011 - 20:07
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I thought the new album was pretty good...hella atmospheric as with the original, and the interludes were nice and didn't disrupt the flow of the album. Kinda left me wanting more, although I think it was just as good as the debut. I wouldn't say it takes a few listens to get into it...I felt the same after five listens as I did on the first.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
06.11.2011 - 21:06
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Troy Killjoy on 06.11.2011 at 20:07
Kinda left me wanting more,

You gotta admit that's a weird thing to say considering that the album is 72 minutes long
It was a long time sicne I've heard it so I almost don't remember how it sounds... In fact... I think I will listen to it now. Have to train my ears considering that I will probably see them at Roadburn
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
06.11.2011 - 21:09
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by X-Ray Rod on 06.11.2011 at 21:06
You gotta admit that's a weird thing to say considering that the album is 72 minutes long

Not in terms of like...wanting the album to keep going. I just felt like for all it offered it wasn't really a dynamic album.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
06.11.2011 - 21:12
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Troy Killjoy on 06.11.2011 at 21:09

Not in terms of like...wanting the album to keep going. I just felt like for all it offered it wasn't really a dynamic album.

So you wanted more variation and stuff?.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
06.11.2011 - 21:17
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by X-Ray Rod on 06.11.2011 at 21:12
So you wanted more variation and stuff?.

I'm not sure. It lacked "something", that's all I know. Maybe the interludes actually bothered me more than I thought or maybe the atmosphere wasn't as enveloping as I made it out to be. On paper it reads like an album I'd rate with a high 8 but at the end of the day it just doesn't seem that good.
----
12.11.2011 - 03:20
Savopipo

Good shit!
----
Check Tystnad out at http://tystnad.bandcamp.com
04.02.2012 - 01:24
Solemn23
Account deleted
Quote:
Necros Christos - Doom of the Occult (full-length)
Through: Sepulchral Voice Records - 2011 (CD)

ALBUM REVIEW:
Not Much unlike Canadian Weapon, these guys have a very recognizable sound in similar schools. Though Necros Christos is more so set on more mid- to down-tempo riffing, while still having their way with old-school and even some more oriental styled solo's on lead guitars in all the main songs on this album. The deep grunting lead vocals are no more than to be expected from this band. As well as their unique, almost doom like, rhythm-guitar riffs. Very much known for their separate intros to their main songs, Necros Christos does just the same again on this album. Really mixing it up a lot again. Experimenting with all sorts of new and exotic, yet fitting, instruments in every single one of these intro's and interludes. The "Temple" tracks on this album are mostly all instrumental sinister church organ tracks, with occasional Orthodox chanting backing them up. The "Gate" tracks are completely different from one another. Introducing a new element and/or instrument with every new one. Usage of the bouzouki, classical guitar, flutes and oriental percussion are just some of the instruments used in these "Gate" interludes. All of which are played with a certain purpose, so no "cheap or spontaneous" tracks, at all. Excellent introductions to keep to the themes of their main tracks, which are pretty varied as well. Varied in the sense that the forces and themes that are handled in each main track has a very different origin. Whereas some originate from Adversarial forces of Ancient Semitic sources, others are based on Sumerian or Sanskrit sources. So a very broad spectrum of the LHP forces are handled. Uncertain how I should feel about this, though, seeing it is rather confusing as to grasping an actual climax or intention of this entire album. But seeing Necros Christos is known for its 'chapters' on their albums, It's somewhat an acceptable feature, yet bordering on an imposing level.

SCORE: 92%

S.23
04.02.2012 - 02:03
The Turbanator

Epic album. Heard it for days and never got tired.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
11.07.2012 - 02:45
Oaken
Hipster
BAAL OF EKRON!!!!!!!!!!!!
Classic. Probably amongst the best modern death metal bands with an old-school vibe. However, I thought it was too long for its own good.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.