Metal Storm logo
The Best Female Voices In Metal!

Original post

Posted by Herzebeth, 03.06.2008 - 18:37
Well Lately I've been looking for some bands with awesome and beautiful female vocals I've been dealing with bands like Epica, Within Temptation, diablo Swing Orchestra, After Forever and (my favorite) Leave's Eyes...

So, I'm looking for voices lined towards Sara Brightman you know? angelic voices with a very sweet tone and style....please don't recommend stuff lined towards Diamanda Galas or that shemale Angela Gossow

STILL!!! If you have something alternative...(not metal)...stuff like The Sundays, Veruca Salt, The Birthday Massacre or whatever you want please recommend, I'm willing to try everything with a sweet melodious voice.

THANKS!

oh...and (to give something to this topic) I recommend all the bands I posted lol.
07.03.2010 - 10:23
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Xim on 07.03.2010 at 05:36
What I'd like to hear is an aggressive and characteristic female vocalist that does clean vocals, because 99% of the time clean vocals done by a woman sound pop-ish.
Have you heard Julie Kiss of the almost-as-sexy To-Mera? Her vocals aren't that aggressive but I think they combat your second sentence-half.

Thrash you mentioned in a previous post; it could be Holy Moses, Nothing Left for Tomorrow, Détente, Izegrim, Decadence, Triton Enigma...
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
07.03.2010 - 10:38
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
How about Magali Luyten (Virus IV and Beautiful Sin)? Clean vocals, lots of power and aggression in them...
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
07.03.2010 - 23:45
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
Written by Syk on 07.03.2010 at 10:23

Written by Xim on 07.03.2010 at 05:36
What I'd like to hear is an aggressive and characteristic female vocalist that does clean vocals, because 99% of the time clean vocals done by a woman sound pop-ish.
Have you heard Julie Kiss of the almost-as-sexy To-Mera? Her vocals aren't that aggressive but I think they combat your second sentence-half.

Thrash you mentioned in a previous post; it could be Holy Moses, Nothing Left for Tomorrow, Détente, Izegrim, Decadence, Triton Enigma...

Holy Moses! That's it! Thank you! =D
12.03.2010 - 18:46
Nightangel
Tarja from ex-Nightwish is a perfect vocalist. They made a big mistake to fire her. I also like Mara from Angelika & Demons, her voice is much like Tarja's.
18.03.2010 - 23:04
Robstar
I must say Angela Nathalie Gossow from Arch Enemy... This gal knows what is to be a real metal singer... She roars and Rocks.... Not like many shity gothic ''singers'' ... Angela kick ass
----
Nothing is unreacheable
19.03.2010 - 19:08
Bloodmother
Have you ever heared the voice of TARJA TURUNEN? she was the olden lead vocalist of NIGHTWISH. when i listen to her voice i feel like i'm in heaven
02.04.2010 - 20:27
shisha
There are just a few bearable female vocals: Anneke, Tarja, Angela, maybe Therion girls, girl from Arkona and maybe few more. Sexy sweet gothic vocalists played a great role in killing of the soul in metal music.

As this is very visited forum i need to point to the new THE FORESHADOW-OIONOS album - try it, it is just beautiful!
03.04.2010 - 02:44
Have you guys seen this?http://www.themetalpit.ca/metalmaidens.html

It's a bunch of cool metal chicks, interviews with them and pictures. Pretty hot, I must say.
----
The rarer action is in virtue than in vengeance.
03.04.2010 - 02:50
Also, allow me to recommend my own band, only because we do in fact have a female singer. Might be just what you're looking for.
----
The rarer action is in virtue than in vengeance.
25.08.2010 - 19:59
F0rang3l
I really like Tarja, but Liv Kristine from Leave's Eyes also sounds amazing, especially live.
----
For there is a purpose and reason
Beyond all human apprehension
The shrieking silence in the blackness of space
30.08.2010 - 03:43
Riot.Fd
Angela from arch enemy
she has an awesome voice
30.08.2010 - 03:46
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
elite
Quote:
please don't recommend stuff lined towards Diamanda Galas or that shemale Angela Gossow

I guess people don't read opening posts anymore...
10.09.2010 - 01:07
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Floor Jansens wipes to floor clean with everyone else and yes, that includes Tarja.
13.09.2010 - 17:20
STARVE
Thorr's Hammer.
15.09.2010 - 02:28
Vunts
I can't stop promoting Eilera. She isn't operatic or anything like that, but she is one of the more unique voices in metal. Find the thread for links n stuff!
15.09.2010 - 03:20
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Written by Introspekrieg on 30.08.2010 at 03:46

Quote:
please don't recommend stuff lined towards Diamanda Galas or that shemale Angela Gossow

I guess people don't read opening posts anymore...

Well, if the thread was called "Need help in finding a good female-fronted metal band" then yes.. maybe we cant discuss bands that he wouldnt like.. but the topic is "best female voices in metal" .. so, he can't force us to "exclude" angela other harsh vocals .. the guy is simply saying his opinion.
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
15.09.2010 - 12:12
Vunts
The title would imply this indeed, but since the opening post clearly shows, that he was looking for recommendations for himself, and had requirements for the posts, then Intro's observation was completely correct...It also makes sense that the title is what it is, because otherwise it would take too much space. The opening post is always there for clarification.
17.09.2010 - 23:13
jacob15728
Marcela Bovio of Stream of Passion is really good
17.09.2010 - 23:42
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
Sinergy's Kimberly Goss. A real metal singer. No shitty theatrics, ethereal whining, operatic ambitions. Just plain, strong, clear metal singing. Check out "To Hell and Back".
18.09.2010 - 10:23
Hrothdane
Written by Daniell on 17.09.2010 at 23:42

Sinergy's Kimberly Goss. A real metal singer. No shitty theatrics, ethereal whining, operatic ambitions. Just plain, strong, clear metal singing. Check out "To Hell and Back".

Someone didn't read the first post.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
18.09.2010 - 18:52
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
You should all seriously check out Seraphim.
18.09.2010 - 23:23
ArtKiz
Written by Carl Berg on 18.09.2010 at 18:52

You should all seriously check out Seraphim.

Seraphim is a good power metal band.

---

You should listen to Amberian Dawn, operatic power metal band.
-Coronatus, female-fronted duet gothic metal,
- Krypteria, german gothic metal band,
- Midnattsol Folk metal band, though Liv Kristine's sister isn't as good as her, in my opinion.
- Haggard also has some pretty nice Soprano backed with growls.
- Lunatica, swiss symphonic metal band
02.10.2010 - 02:46
joaquin
Well ill go with johanna dePierre from amaran and KG ( and no.. is not kenney G) at sinergy, coz i think the otheres are just the same and im tire of listening the same stuff but diferent bands.. thats what i think
----
courage to chage the things and wisdom to know the difference

real gamers never die, they just respawn
02.10.2010 - 02:58
joaquin
Lol by the way sorry coz i read the first line... ohh well u can go with Sarah Brightman check her out... : /
----
courage to chage the things and wisdom to know the difference

real gamers never die, they just respawn
06.02.2012 - 20:10
Night Sight
hopefully someone mentioned joanna enckell ex vocalist of the project hate mcmxcix
most beautiful and powerful female voice in metal.i don't like those operatic female singers and i think they are boring .joanna's voice is very adorable and unique.she is nothing to do with all these gothic metal singers she sings clean but very influential
----
Alone in birth
Alone in the darkness
Alone in death
Alone in the daylight
06.02.2012 - 22:12
Hawkk44
You already know Epica, which has my favorite female vocalist. Draconian is pretty good, and Elisa Martin, Dark Moor and Fairyland's old vocalist, is good too.
01.03.2012 - 07:54
MiranTrescu
Angela Gossow from Arch Enemy has been mentioned and she's great.

Also, Simone Pluijmers from Cerebral Bore is a great BDM vocalist.