03. Cold Eyes Of Grey
04. Human Waste
05. Burn All The Way
06. Unearthly Salvation
07. Painless End
08. Mind Possession
09. Fallen Angels Universe
10. In Your Blood

Merciless is one of those really ancient? ehem, old school Trash Metal bands from Sweden, in 1986 they recorded their first album "The Awakening". After the first record was out, the band played a lot of shows with bands like Entombed, Dismember, Count Raven, and also the Brazilian band Sepultura on their "Beneath The Remains" tour. In 1992 they released their sophomore effort "The Treasures Within" In 1993 the band did a tour in Scandinavia together with Entombed. The same year they recorded their third album, "Unbound" with producer Dan Swanö at his Unisound Studios.

After a long break, in 1999 their first album was released under Osmose Records, and they were back in action, performing in a lot of places, In 2002 they finally entered Dog Pound Studios in Stockholm Sweden and recorded this self-titled album.

So as I mentioned before this is pure old school Trash Metal with some influence from some more extreme forms of Metal, you'll find pure fast riffing and insane drumming here, nothing new, nothing groundbreaking just pure 80´s Trash.

If you're one of those Trash 80's freak that have ALL the Trash Metal Cd's in planet earth, so this is for you, a must-have, but if you're just a regular guy like me, and you feel that you've heard this type of Trash a million times before, skip and go get something else. Don't get me wrong is a good records and has all that 80's feel, but hey, were in 2003 the eighties are long gone now.

Written by Undercraft | 16.10.2003

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 51 users
04.06.2008 - 07:53
Rating: 8
Martin_metal

It´s called "thrash"....not "trash"...
Btw why reviewing a cd from a band who playing a style you don´t like very mutch?

Hits total: 4001 | This month: 8