Metal Storm logo
Secrets Of The Moon

04.06.2008 - 13:47
TheBigRossowski

If you haven't heard of Secrets Of The Moon or just haven't listened to an album, you should pick one up in the near future!

The bands main focus has always been the occult and they seem to relay that message through their music. The albums are filled with various aspects of their religious views and it goes a bit deeper than lyrics saying "HAIL SATAN".

You can hear some of the music on myspace and also their mainpage. Carved in Stigmata Wounds is a more technical album and has some of the most appealing music I've ever heard, but Antithesis is definitely a milestone in the "black metal" genre or it will become one sometime in the future!

*www.secretsofthemoon.org

*http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=58810502

Let me know what you think!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
04.06.2008 - 17:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I know band, werry good peotical and atmosferic band, all songs are like lil stories but band isnt so know, IMO thay shood be more popular how thay are
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.06.2008 - 23:08
Damnated
Churchburner
heard Carved in Stigmata Wounds and Antithesis and both records were solid and great. i also like their mature approach to the lyrics. still, this band fails to entertain me in the long run, i pick up their stuff from now and then, but they just don't get to me.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
05.06.2008 - 06:34
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Well, from the minimal amounts I've heard they remind a bit of Dolorian. That's not a bad thing at all as Dolorian is a very talented band, and while the music is very good, it's not exactly my thing. But good nonetheless, I'll have to try and listen to more of this in the future.
----
The force will be with you, always.
05.06.2008 - 10:05
TheBigRossowski

Dolorian?! Eh, yeah, Antithesis is reminscient of some of it, I can see how you'd make that connection. Sometimes Antithesis is a bit strong with it's intros.

When you listen to Carved In Stigmata Wounds it grows on you, especially the song itself. Before my first concert there I had only heard CISW a few times, but they played a few songs from it and after the show I thought, I'm going to listen to this album again and it keeps growing on me. Antithesis was my favorite, but now I'm more fond of CISW.

They also dedicated a song to me at their show in Hanau, it was badass! "This song is to our friend from Texas!" (To the Ultimate Embers and Ash)
----
11.06.2008 - 14:28
TheBigRossowski

I can't just let my thread for this beloved band sink! HAS ANYONE ELSE LISTENED TO IT?!?! Any comments, been to any shows, listened to any songs!!! (sounds of desperation....)

Not too many people pay much attention to this band, but I have high hopes for them in the future. Seriously, check out Carved in Stigmata Wounds, its a killer album!
----
11.06.2008 - 17:37
Damnated
Churchburner
few people from here care about extreme metal in general, not to mention this band. melodic metal till your ears bleed ftw!
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
11.06.2008 - 18:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Damnated on 11.06.2008 at 17:37

few people from here care about extreme metal in general, not to mention this band. melodic metal till your ears bleed ftw!

hehheheheh melodic metal till your ears bleed man it can be only from extreme
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.06.2008 - 00:57
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Well, I already mentioned that I really like Carved in Stigmata Wounds. Maybe I should download the rest of their stuff in a certain other forum...

But I will buy their shit if I ever come across an album.
12.06.2008 - 09:16
TheBigRossowski

Written by Dangerboner on 12.06.2008 at 00:57

Well, I already mentioned that I really like Carved in Stigmata Wounds. Maybe I should download the rest of their stuff in a certain other forum...

But I will buy their shit if I ever come across an album.

You don't order albums online? Well then I hope you come across one! After I heard of them, I went to the closest record shop and told the guy I wanted the other albums if he could get them. They were there in like 2 weeks.
----
13.06.2008 - 01:03
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I used to order tons of albums online, but ever since I moved, the mail hasn't been coming too well >:(
13.06.2008 - 10:45
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Checking out this band now via myspace, I've only listened to two songs but they are pretty good. Finally a good bm band from Germany - sorry, I don't really care for Marduk.
13.06.2008 - 21:59
TheBigRossowski

Written by Bitter Dawn on 13.06.2008 at 10:45

Checking out this band now via myspace, I've only listened to two songs but they are pretty good. Finally a good bm band from Germany - sorry, I don't really care for Marduk.

WHOOOOA! I just read your "purpose of new black metal" and I thought you are a bit lost, but not too far gone. Was I wrong man!?

Marduk is from Sweden bro....
The common lyrical theme might be the Third Reich and WWII, but the band comes from Sweden.

Glad you like the Secrets of the Moon! And you also wanted "original/ innovative" yet old black metal, second wave? Katharsis is for you...thank me later!
----
14.06.2008 - 07:27
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
My bad, I guess it was the lyrical content of Marduk that threw me off to think they were from Germany. I definitely dig SOTM though, and I'll give Katharsis a listen, thanks man.
10.07.2008 - 19:35
TheBigRossowski

It is with great sadness that I bring this news to those who knew the band:

A.D.

:

"Due to my all-dominant negativity I cannot extract a single good aspect from representing my music live on stage any more. Thus the time on the road has been horrible for me. After I hit rock bottom the last time I decided to stop it all.

The following peoples/organisations deserve my respect: MkM, Hole In The Sky - Bergen Metal fest, Hellpike, some journalists, Kai, Marianne...

J. & P.

, my perfect partners: Thank you!

See you at night,
Armin"

sG:

"i feel like a shadow these days. humble, yet having the will to appear more potent than ever when all this struggle is endured one day. A.D.s leaving is comprehensible for all people involved in the band, still it hits us with an intensity which consequences are not foreseeable yet. All our debt of gratitude to him.

"
You understood correctly. A.D. has left the band....leaving another void in the beast that is Secrets of the Moon. This was on their myspace if you're curious, but is not currently posted on the website.
----
10.07.2008 - 20:05
Sunioj

Goddamn, that really sucks
11.07.2008 - 02:09
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
That's really shitty. But hey, maybe Blasphemer can join them
30.07.2008 - 18:54
TheBigRossowski

Written by Dangerboner on 11.07.2008 at 02:09

That's really shitty. But hey, maybe Blasphemer can join them

Hahaha! That's funny you say that because it's one of the first things in this interview! "Blasphemer leaves Mayhem..leaves Helrunar....leaves SOTM.." etc..

Here is a NEW interview posted on their myspace, it was in German, but I found it on google in English too! If the link doesn't work into English browse google for "Secrets of the Moon @ metal.de" and it's on the first page!

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.metal.de/stories.php4%3Fwas%3Dstory%26id%3D1321&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=3&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3DSecrets%2Bof%2Bthe%2BMoon%2B%2540%2Bmetal.de%26hl%3Den%26rls%3DHPIB,HPIB:2005-19,HPIB:en

I don't really know if it works, but now you know where to find it!
----
31.07.2008 - 00:56
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
These guys are really impressive, only a few black metal acts get to me and they're one of them. Talk about taking the genre a step higher, finally.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
31.07.2008 - 12:45
TheBigRossowski

I take it, maybe the link worked?! Worked for me when I pasted it! They definitely are doing something of their own. Hopefully we meet up again at the Ultima Ratio Festival!
----
24.02.2009 - 20:56
TheBigRossowski

When I see how many mistakes I make grammatically, I realize....I am a god damn RETARD. The problem is, I never read through what I've written. Just type away and post!

You've probably all seen the news and know what's going on in the SOTM world. They'll be playing the extended Full of Hate shows in certain locations and eventually make it to America after that. However, no confirmation on the states yet. In the news, they stated it will be our first chance to check out some new songs. And "Antithesis" and "Ambience of a Deadstar" will be out on vinyl some time in the near future.

I also have NO idea what to expect from the future album. They evolve drastically from every album almost, it's hard to say which direction the new album will be heading.
----
05.03.2009 - 22:53
TheBigRossowski

UPDATE-New shit has come to light, man! KSA has just left the band according to the official myspace. This probably won't make news and I have no interest posting it myself because...well, nobody really cares but me. And those who do...already know about this anyways..or are just finding out.

Shitty.

The Dude is not happy.
----
06.03.2009 - 02:55
john_mcc

I've only heard "Antithesis" which is a great album, it definitely among my favourite BM albums of recent years. I do intend to get around to checking out their other albums as soon as my money situation improves.

Quite sad to hear about the guys leaving the band.
26.03.2009 - 23:22
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Listening to the myspace...
The first song I've ever listened by this band: Seraphim is dead.

Fucking brilliant... I willl definitely check this guys. I'm so into thiskind of BM. The intro of this song was beautiful.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
27.03.2009 - 15:29
TheBigRossowski

Written by X-Ray Rod on 26.03.2009 at 23:22

Listening to the myspace...
The first song I've ever listened by this band: Seraphim is dead.

Fucking brilliant... I willl definitely check this guys. I'm so into thiskind of BM. The intro of this song was beautiful.

Yes, yes, let the light shine upon you....

The whole album is like that basically. Lot of the songs have a similiar intro...but Seraphim is Dead is one of my favorites! They're like Opeth live too, or perhaps lot of bands-hit and miss. Depends on the size and technical problems which are really nobodys fault.

When I first saw them in Hanau I was blown away, it sounded fantastic!!! At Paderborn, they had some problems, but nonetheless a great show.

The album should be out in September according to the Summer Breeze page. No official word yet, but at the site it says ''this is an unofficial release party for Secrets of the Moon seeing as how the album comes out two weeks later''. Something like that anyways...

Carved in Stigmata Wounds is also... a different beast to handle. You can read my review on it, but it doesn't quite do the album justice.
----
29.03.2009 - 14:50
TheBigRossowski

Secrets of the Moon@Full of Hate (extended show-Oberhausen) They only had 30 minutes, which was pretty shitty for me! In that time, we were subjected to the ritualistic workings of:

Ghost
Ordinance
Lucifer Speaks
...and a new one, Queen Among Rats

The overall sound was outstanding! Great things don't come in threes....they actually come in fours! This was my fourth show from the band and the fourth time the session live guitarist played with them. Nothing more on that... except that 'dude' was great! He had a really powerful stage presence as well. They'll announce personally who he is later.

LSK has furthered her role as back-up vocals....Jesus fucking Christ. She sounds like a velociraptor. It was an immense sound!!!

As for the new song, it was brilliant and I can only imagine how it sounds on CD while listening with headphones and drinking a White Russian. You will all be impressed.

I'm the only person who has the new album in my wishlist. Outstanding.
----
25.05.2009 - 02:12
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Saw them live today and they are HORRIBLY generic, copy pasting their music from all the well-known black metal bands and they can't play live to save their lives.

Sorry, but, it's better to ignore this kind of crap.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.05.2009 - 23:49
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.05.2009 at 02:12

Saw them live today and they are HORRIBLY generic, copy pasting their music from all the well-known black metal bands and they can't play live to save their lives.

there were some member changes recently, maybe that's why they sounded bad. have you heard any of their albums though? i can't comment on their live performance, but the albums are truly great.
----

14.09.2009 - 18:32
Ascendant187

I heard "Seraphim Is Dead" and immediately ordered Antithesis off eBay, more or less. As per usual it seems like I'm catching a band on the downward spiral or at least that's how it feels. I'm hoping their new album will be good because I really enjoyed Antithesis and I'm in the process of being proactive enough to pick up Carved In Stigmata Wounds.
14.09.2009 - 19:38
TheBigRossowski

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.05.2009 at 02:12

These are some harsh words, man. If you don't like my music, get your own fucking cab

They've had some ups and downs live, but I've seen them 5 times. At Oberhausen, the live performance was top notch! The sound was perfect...fucking perfect. Then again, I saw them in Frankfurt and it was a poor environment. So, don't base your opinion off the one live show. We all have a tendency to do that, but you gotta give them a chance at a more personal show.

The album leaked as well... no problems downloading it because I ordered the 2LP anyways. The album really has it's moments though, but overall, I don't think I'll be too pleased with the end result. An example is ''For They Know Not'', really boring song. I've been waiting so long, guess I expected a bit more. Whereas, a song like ''Harvest'' is great! LSK speaks a bit as well, very hypnotic voice!

I swear though...sometimes it reminds me Satyricon's latest stuff...
----