11. Go To Hell
12. America
13. Shine
14. Dancing On Your Grave
15. Rock It
16. I Got Mine
17. Bite The Bullet
18. The Chase Is Better Than The Catch

Being a die-hard Motorhead fan I believe it is my duty to explain this incredibly disappointing album.

Before explaining the music itself, the background behind this album quite possibly explains why this was such a weak album. For anyone who doesn't know their Motorhead history this was the very first album without the complete original line-up; Fast Eddie being replaced with Thin Lizzy axeman Brian "Robbo" Robertson. Brian never seemed to be on the same page as Motorhead in any way, he often refused to play any greatest hit songs live, openly bashed the rest of the band as terrible musicians, and once wore a tutu on stage (very un-Motorhead to say the least).

The album opens with "Back At The Funny Farm" beginning with about 5 seconds of what sounds like some dicking around in the studio, then breaking into a bass line that greatly resembles the intro of "Iron Fist." After playing this heart breaking disc over and over trying to look for any traces of the usual Motorhead greatness I find but 2 tracks that have any memorable qualities about them. The first being "Dancing On Your Grave" which has a catchy main riff, but thats about it. The second being "Rock It" which actually has a very catchy intro which leads into an altogether fun track. Even the 2 strongest tracks on this album don't stand up to the weakest track from "Overkill" or "Ace Of Spades."

Believe me when I say it hurts me to say such harsh words against my favorite band, but this album is sloppy at best. The lack of cooperation between Brian and the rest of the band shows completely, this is easily the worst Motorhead album in the entire discography. For those of you who are just getting into Motorhead I warn you this is the last album you should look into; for my fellow long time Motorhead fans I admit this album is necessary to complete the discography. As you listen perhaps you'll find more good in this album than I have but let's just thank God that Brian Robertson only stayed for one album.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 6
Songwriting: 5
Originality: 7
Production: 6

Written by Doc G. | 30.04.2007

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Comments

Comments: 10   Visited by: 115 users
07.06.2008 - 23:36
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
i have only some collections by Motorhead2 but i will just say that "Shine" is one of their best songs ever
08.06.2008 - 00:09
Rating: 6
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Metalhead2 on 07.06.2008 at 23:36

i have only some collections by Motorhead2 but i will just say that "Shine" is one of their best songs ever

true, if you'll notice the date on this review it was written a while ago, since then Ive learned to appreciate this album more. Its still not as good as the majority of their other releases but if I wrote it now it would probably be somewhere around a 7.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
08.06.2008 - 00:33
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
Written by Doc G. on 08.06.2008 at 00:09

true, if you'll notice the date on this review it was written a while ago, since then Ive learned to appreciate this album more. Its still not as good as the majority of their other releases but if I wrote it now it would probably be somewhere around a 7.

yeah tastes change very fast... in 2007 i didnt like to listen to metal at all lol
08.06.2008 - 23:05
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser

i have only some collections by Motorhead

And there on your favorite bands list?
----
- George Carlin
09.06.2008 - 11:27
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
Written by Doc G. on 08.06.2008 at 23:05

what did you want to ask :

if you wanted to ask why do i have them on my fav bands list if i dont have their whole collctions, just some compilations, i will told you that i have them because i like them
10.06.2008 - 18:48
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Metalhead2 on 09.06.2008 at 11:27

if you wanted to ask why do i have them on my fav bands list if i dont have their whole collctions, just some compilations, i will told you that i have them because i like them

I see. Im not going to argue this. People just generally know a lot about a band before putting them in with there favorite bands.
----
- George Carlin
11.06.2008 - 07:33
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
Written by Doc G. on 10.06.2008 at 18:48

I see. Im not going to argue this. People just generally know a lot about a band before putting them in with there favorite bands.

btw I have heard only 1 song by Insomnium and Summoning lol and they are in my fav bands list
13.06.2008 - 00:11
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Metalhead2 on 11.06.2008 at 07:33

Written by Doc G. on 10.06.2008 at 18:48

btw I have heard only 1 song by Insomnium and Summoning lol and they are in my fav bands list

I see...
----
- George Carlin
05.11.2009 - 20:08
Rating: 9
sbgmetal

This cd deserves a way better rating! Robbo is awesome on this cd as he is on thin lizzy
18.08.2021 - 22:38
gavdann

Being a die-hard Motorhead fan I believe it is my duty to say this review is full of shit.

Hits total: 5257 | This month: 12