Metal Storm logo
Metallica - New Album Title

Metallica has just announced the title of their upcoming album, "Death Magnetic". The band has been posting teaser images all week leading up to this image. The album is due out in September.

A short video clip revealing the new album title can be viewed here. The clip also contains audio from a new and untitled song.

"Death Magnetic" is "a stunning, overdue return to the shock and rush of the band's speed-metal monuments, 1984's "Ride The Lightning" and 1986's "Master Of Puppets"," according to Rolling Stone.

According to some internet sources, the album will be preceded by an eight-minute single which is being described as "a tour de force that features some of their fastest playing ever." The record is being produced by Rick Rubin (Slayer, Red Hot Chili Peppers) and mixed by Greg Fidelman.

Source: metallica.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 15.06.2008 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 85   Visited by: 493 users
15.06.2008 - 16:02
MetalManic
LAME!!
15.06.2008 - 16:02
wrathchild
Staff
That mini video trailer is promising indeed. I love the fact they used the classic Metallica logo at the end, and not the one they have since Load.

The music - the riff - is good though it's just one standard thrash riff. I was pleased with the very last note before the sound fades

But I've got nothing to say about the album title.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
15.06.2008 - 16:04
b0000mst1ck
if that's the actual cover, it's the most bland i've ever seen.
15.06.2008 - 16:08
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Death Magnetic ok. Let's just hear it
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
15.06.2008 - 16:13
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
They probably picked the best riff from the album to that clip... Time to give up guys.
15.06.2008 - 16:16
destroyah
supercharger
Elite
You know, after St.Anger I promised myself I'd not buy the next Metallica album but...

Who am I kidding, I want this

Also, the title, while not immediately striking is growing on me. But as we know, titles mean nothing, let's wait for the music. I for one, am optimistic.
----
About me:

"The best out of all the people ever" - Washington Post

"We abandoned Christ for Destroyah's love!" - The Watchtower

"Simply amazing!" - Rolling Stone
15.06.2008 - 16:17
stratorock666
its just a name il reserve my judgement for the album itself. i know im not going to be disappoitned because i dont expect anything big, and ti cant possibly be as bad as stanger
15.06.2008 - 16:35
destroyah
supercharger
Elite
Also, looking at the first comment here - some people just hate Metallica on some strange principle and they're never gonna change. Even if Metallica managed to create an album that could affect the orbit of the Moon with it's incredible heavyness, they'd still hate it so... yeah.
----
About me:

15.06.2008 - 16:35
Hamird
Lieutenant
Mercel, you've got a new problem, after calling Metallica's 1991 album "The Black album" now, people call this album "The White Album"
15.06.2008 - 16:36
Stalker
Lone wanderer
This title sucks.
----
15.06.2008 - 16:38
destroyah
supercharger
Elite
@Hamrid -

Although I'm pretty sure this ain't what the cover's gonna look like (as if they'd reveal the artwork yet!)
----
About me:

15.06.2008 - 16:40
Infurnace
I don't think this will be the actual cover art either. It's looks pretty bland and lame.
15.06.2008 - 16:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
People, please read the news. It ONLY says that Metallica revealed the title. It says nothing about the album artwork. Is it that hard to read properly?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.06.2008 - 17:05
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Not really the album title I expected Sounds okay though.
----
THRASH!!!
15.06.2008 - 17:16
Remus
Written by destroyah on 15.06.2008 at 16:35

Also, looking at the first comment here - some people just hate Metallica on some strange principle and they're never gonna change. Even if Metallica managed to create an album that could affect the orbit of the Moon with it's incredible heavyness, they'd still hate it so... yeah.

Could not have said it better myself!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
15.06.2008 - 17:43
Justice
cool title
15.06.2008 - 17:51
TimmyPix
Why is everyone so prejudiced?
Yes, Load and ReLoad weren't really metal albums, and St. Anger was a pile of rubbish, but do you really think that after 5 years of everyone in the media saying how bad they are and everyone saying "Let's have another Master Of Puppets, please", Metallica would be so deaf as to not listen?

Apparently Rick Rubin's been making the band listen to Ride The Lightning and Master Of Puppets for inspiration, which if you ask me should hopefully lead to good things.

And I know there are few here who pay much attention to the "mainstream" metal media, but if anyone's been near Metal Hammer UK's website recently, they would have seen a report from an exclusive listening to the album so far that Metallica recently gave, and links to a series of videos on a Russian website, showing the band rehearsing and recording.

So please, everyone, stop being narrow-minded, and try a bit of optimism?
----
And remember kids, don't play with matches - flamethrowers are much more fun!
15.06.2008 - 17:51
iaberis
Advice Troll
it's ain't that bad, niggas
me likes it
----
Bitch! Please
15.06.2008 - 17:53
Jay
Perkele
I think the title is just OK.
Ppl just hate Metallica and nothing is good enough. Yea I also think Everything since the black album has sucked, but I'll still give this one a shot. They've sucked so much that they just can't suck any more. Or can they??
----
This one goes to 11
15.06.2008 - 18:22
ElCon
Account deleted
I love metallica, but name and logo "death magnetic" sux ... i've expected lot more ... hope that music will be better ...
15.06.2008 - 18:33
Varegan
Hamranakara
old school metallica is all that i want, I have no idea about those riffs, that look good but Im not sure,
I hope they dint put that teaser images on their album cover,
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
15.06.2008 - 18:45
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
I think people have good reason to hate Metallica, but sometimes it seems like such a pose. You're not metal if you don't hate new Metallica, especially when they are playing at hippie jam festivals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW88APayjPY

I've liked albums that have had bad titles before so "Death Mechanix" means nothing to me music-wise
15.06.2008 - 18:59
Slyfang
goddamn that riff is just WEAK
15.06.2008 - 19:10
selken
Irreligious
No matter how hard Metallica push on their music, they allways will recieve strong criticism by conservative metalheads xD

About the video: it's too litle music and too short cut to give a valid opinion I think.

About the title: there are worse titles..... xD
----
15.06.2008 - 19:11
EpicMayhem
i like the title. its interesting. it also looks like they are going back to their old school logo.
15.06.2008 - 19:18
Tod_Engel
Looking forward to more informative news about this album. No need get upset, just will listen to this album, when it comes out.
15.06.2008 - 19:38
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well, the cover is indeed lame, Metallica always has nice cover artworks, afterall these are just teaser images (and wallpapers). I bet teh actuall cover will kick ass.
Wether if it's lame or not, it does sound better than St. Anger, spite I do like St. Anger a bit.
I can't wait to get this new album. I'm such a MetallicA fanboy.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
15.06.2008 - 19:46
Don't kid yourself you know no one is going to buy this album when downloading it even before it comes out is just so much easier. Why move when you can just point and click. And also why does everyone hate on St. Anger so much its a fucking good album. Just because it does not sound the same as older Metallica does not mean it sucks. What pisses me off the most is that everyone criticized the snare drum. Why sound like everything else when you can sound like nothing at all and be original.
15.06.2008 - 19:55
wrathchild
Staff
Written by Slyfang on 15.06.2008 at 18:59

goddamn that riff is just WEAK

Come on, it's at least twice stronger than the whole St Anger album, even if you play the album at twice its actual speed
Besides it's just one riff, it's like you take only the intro riff of Creeping Death: it's so nothing special yet the song rules.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
15.06.2008 - 20:08
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
I don't care about the title, I just want to hear the album!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...

Hits total: 8514 | This month: 10