Metal Storm logo
Best Ulver Album???

Poll

What do you guys think the best Ulver album is?

Bergtatt - Et Eeventyr I 5 Capitler
Perdition City
Shadows Of The Sun
Nattens Madrigal - Aatte Hymne Til Ul
Blood Inside
Kveldssanger
Themes From William Blake's The Marri
Svidd Neger
Lyckantropen Themes

Total votes: 66
18.06.2008 - 06:16
Metal_Militia
//I just recently got into Ulver and really like their sound. I got Bergtatt from a friend, popped it in and sat back listening to this masterpiece. I love every second of it. I also got their newest one and Kveldssanger. Both of those are pretty good to but nothing like Bergtatt. Didnt see a forum with best Ulver album so i thought i should start one off. I'm sure ill get many differences of opinion between their more melodic side and their blackish metal side but oh well. Have at it!//
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

18.06.2008 - 10:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hmmmm realy interesting poll, but I like only ''Bergtatt - Et Eeventyr i 5 Capitler'', ''Kveldssanger'' and ''Nattens Madrigal - Aatte Hymne til Ulven i Manden''

Those BM days are awsoem, and accustic album too, accustic and BM it is awsoem, realy Ulver wa sgood band whyle play BM, but now, ehh I dont get anything what that wanna say to me, whit taht music
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.07.2008 - 12:37
Candlemass
Defaeco
I'll stick to there electronic music classic - Perdition City
01.07.2008 - 19:32
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
i like all phases of Ulver's development, however seeing as "Bergtatt" is my favorite metal album, period, it makes this poll a foregone conclusion.

i just love the way the album begins and builds up in intensity, corresponding with the story being told.

"Perdition City" would be second.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
02.07.2008 - 00:10
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I've heard most of their albums (haven't checked out Perdition City yet) and Bergtatt is easily my favorite. I love clean vocals and pianos in black metal.
08.08.2008 - 18:30
havoheJ
Account deleted
"Bergtatt - Et Eeventyr I 5 Capitler" is the absolutely masterpiece made by Ulver.

Greetings havoheJ
10.08.2008 - 00:36
ß
Problem?
It was really hard choice but I chose Shadows Of The Sun over Bergtatt . The reason I chose it is because it's really one of their most underated cd's and it's atmosphere of the songs is just beautiful and depressing. A few example of songs is Eos and Shadows Of The sun.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
10.08.2008 - 07:55
Metal_Militia
//Yeah one of the reasons i started this topic was to see how many people voted for an album other than Bergatt. I guess the ratio isnt too bad i guess//
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

11.08.2008 - 12:52
TheBigRossowski
Bergtatt definitely, but Nattens Madrigal would easily be a second. This different Ulver isn't too appealing. I can't listen to it for more than ten minutes.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
18.08.2008 - 16:49
Duy Hung
Account deleted
Perdition City, i'm more into their newer stuff, though the first albums are really great too. Also i actually quite like their Lyckantropen Themes album (though it seems that not many people like this one ), if you've seen that short movie, the music accompanies the movie really well.
18.08.2008 - 16:54
MathC
Account deleted
Perdition city.

The folkish stuff and black metal stuff never did anything for me.
13.07.2009 - 19:13
Borg
How can u add Bergtatt and Nattens Madrigal with the others albums? does not fit at all...
you should make 2 different topic's
17.07.2009 - 09:25
Feng
I've recently discovered Ulver and really like Bergtatt (along with most people here), would really like a CD copy of it but having trouble finding it. Either it is hard to find or my searching skills are rubbish, anyone know where I can pick up one?
17.07.2009 - 10:17
Elio
Red Nightmare
I am absolutely convinced that the Electronic albums made by Ulver are better than the Black/Folk metal ones. My pick is Perdition City, slightly better than Blood Inside and Themes....
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
17.07.2009 - 14:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Elio on 17.07.2009 at 10:17

I am absolutely convinced that the Electronic albums made by Ulver are better than the Black/Folk metal ones. My pick is Perdition City, slightly better than Blood Inside and Themes....

Why? I trooly hate Ulver electrinical staff only BM and accustic folk is Ulver , just cant understand how people can change so much to electronica staff i woundering what people buy more electronica or old metal albums and from what they get more incomes
----

apos;'
[image]
17.07.2009 - 15:00
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Bad English on 17.07.2009 at 14:50

Why? I trooly hate Ulver electrinical staff only BM and accustic folk is Ulver , just cant understand how people can change so much to electronica staff i woundering what people buy more electronica or old metal albums and from what they get more incomes

Well, it's up to taste I guess. I don't listen to metal only, and Ulver's electronic albums are real masterpieces in their genres. Also Bergtatt is not even among my favorite black metal albums (even if it was influential or such). About incomes, I think they changed this much because of their real musical interest.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
17.07.2009 - 15:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Elio on 17.07.2009 at 15:00

Written by Bad English on 17.07.2009 at 14:50

Well, it's up to taste I guess. I don't listen to metal only, and Ulver's electronic albums are real masterpieces in their genres. Also Bergtatt is not even among my favorite black metal albums (even if it was influential or such). About incomes, I think they changed this much because of their real musical interest.

Me to I listen not metal only but Ulver cases its I dunno, but electronica isnt my cup of tea no metter what, buut other hand better ULve rplay crap now how changed like CoF, firts realises still liveson
----

apos;'
[image]
17.07.2009 - 15:41
Deadsoulman
Elite
Perdition City is my favourite. I like the first three albums equally, even though bass-less Nattens Madrigal really hurts my delicate eardrums, but switching to electronic music was a really smart move I think. I have had a harder time getting into the latest albums but I find them somehow deeper and more rewarding than their black / folk period.
17.07.2009 - 23:07
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Borg on 13.07.2009 at 19:13

How can u add Bergtatt and Nattens Madrigal with the others albums? does not fit at all...
you should make 2 different topic's

they are all Ulver releases, therefore it does fit. the styles changed, but it's still the same musical project.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
22.10.2009 - 07:22
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Voted for Perdition City. It was the one who better mixed the dark, melancholic atmosphere with catchy beats in the songs.

Best of to me.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
05.12.2009 - 15:12
It was difficult choosing for the best Ulver album. They have so many great records like Blood Inside, Perdition City, The Marriage Of Heaven And Hell, Bergtatt. I voted for Perdition City. It has a magic element in it that makes me keep listening to it over and over again!
----
If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music.
22.09.2011 - 20:12
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Bergtatt. One of the best black metal albums ever created. Proves that this genre can be harsh yet very beautiful and enchanting.
08.11.2011 - 19:38
JD
Account deleted
Bergtatt is easily my favorite, followed by Kveldssanger. Shadows Of The Sun is good too.
09.11.2011 - 19:02
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
While this is a super hard choice, I had to go with "Perdition City" being their best album even though I probably like Bergtatt better. It's just hard to find an album is creative and enchanting as Perdition City. A true masterpiece.
08.03.2012 - 22:57
Codera the Great
Account deleted
It's difficult to choose, considering how different their sound can be (early black metal and later avant-garde/electronic). For the black metal era, I would go with Bergtatt, for the avant-garde era, Blood Inside.
09.03.2012 - 15:46
Branzig
Nattens! One of the most epic, lo-fi albums that I have ever listened too. In my opinion, it is a must listen to anyone who wants to know what lo-fi black metal is all about. The vocals on that album are just bliss to me.

I do really enjoy Kveldssanger as well though, it's a close second for sure....but in my book Nattens will always reign supreme in the Ulver catalog!

Oh, and as far as their electronic shit goes, I feel like they should of changed the band's name after they released "Blake's Album." They even put out a public statement after releasing it that they do not consider themselves a black metal group and do not want to be associated with or as one...which is really too bad because they did black metal SO WELL!!!!
----
In Grind We Crust
10.03.2012 - 02:24
adace1
Shadows of the Sun for me. What an amazing album.
08.04.2012 - 04:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I have listening 1th 3 albums this week, best is no doubt 5 Chapters, I realy enjoy it good epic BM, whit lil sypho touch , realy great, lil agollachisy style but ok maybe stupid compare but still, this is awesome albums , best and they never will create such epic and awesome album

Accustic is good but , but I wonder who boght it metalheads, folk fans and who compse all musicand did they wrote all songs or use realy old folk songs,

Hymn to wolf is good but more ''raw'' its BM classic but I would put in 3th place that one
----

apos;'
[image]
10.04.2012 - 04:40
Alecbirds
Blood Inside always struck me as one of their most varied albums, and it's awesome all the way through.
19.04.2012 - 23:32
Dàibh
Love them all dearly but Perdition City is the crown jewel for me.

...I get shivers just thinking about it.