Metal Storm logo
Sirenia - Enter The Studio In July

Norwegian metallers Sirenia have issued the following update:

"These days we are going through the final preparations for our next album. The songs are all finished and recordings will start in July. The album will be recorded in Sound Suite Studios, France and Stargoth Studios, Norway. The mixing and mastering will take place in Antfarm Studios, Denmark with Tue Madsen. We are really excited about this new album and can't wait to share the new songmaterial with all of you. The album will be complete in September, expect release early next year. We will keep you posted."

Source: mortenveland.com
Band profile: Sirenia
Posted: 19.06.2008 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 82 users
19.06.2008 - 15:29
GT
Coffee!!
Hope it will be better than the last one
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
19.06.2008 - 15:33
selken
Irreligious
Written by GT on 19.06.2008 at 15:29

Hope it will be better than the last one

+1
----
20.06.2008 - 10:36
Memento Mori
Mr. Nobody
good news:)
20.06.2008 - 14:54
Graveheart

Obviously, we hope it will be better than the last one Nah, I hope it will be their worst to date.
21.06.2008 - 00:04
ScabbeD'~

we're Waiting for Result......
21.06.2008 - 16:53
Cassian

Sirenia has always been great!!!
24.06.2008 - 00:03
Bas
Retired Staff
i strongly disagree with some of the comments, i simply loved nine destinies and a downfall, probably out of the same reason so many people hated it; it was more pop than metal

as far as i'm concerned it's really fantastic pleasant listening if you're not so much in a metal mood but rather want something nice and simple that just sounds really pleasant

so all in all i hope they continue in that line, or return a bit to metal but not quite all the way as in at sixes and sevens (which i enjoyed as well though, but not as much as nine..)
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
25.06.2008 - 19:09
Graveheart

Nine Destinies and a Downfall is a very brave album and that's what I really like about it, but it's hard to enjoy listening to it. Glades of Summer is the only very good song on it (very close to being my absolute number one favorite Sirenia song) but the other 40 minutes on the album are average at best. I hope Nine Destinies and a Downfall was just an experiment and that they've decided to evolve in some another direction this time.
25.06.2008 - 20:45
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Well I don't think that "Nine..." was Sirenia's best, but, it was certainly an enjoyable album - and yes being in the right mood always helped for listening to it. I do however, love the song "The Other Side" because it has some very personal lyrics (to me) and I think that it captured the magic that Morten wanted on the whole album - but just didn't always achieve. We'll see how the new album goes and how the new vocalist works with him
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley

Hits total: 2802 | This month: 4