‹‹ Back to the Rock forum
Users visited: 41  
Search this topic:  

Necrogeddon
Born Too Late

21.06.2008 at 01:44
I personally love David Bowie, I listened to him alot before I started on metal. Although he may not be recognised as a really influential artist by some, his music has always really appealed to me.

Does anybody else like him?
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
tulkas
el parcero

21.06.2008 at 02:27
actually i've been thinking about bowies music for some days now, i know that he was very influential and i like some of his songs, although i don't know the names. which songs can you recommend me so i can download and start getting into his music?
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late

21.06.2008 at 02:59
@tulkas: well i would definately recommend any of his albums up until scary monsters and supercreeps. some songs that are good, these are favs of mine are:- ashes to ashes off scary monsters and supercreeps, sound and vision off low, rebel rebel and diamond dogs off diamond dogs, suffragette city and ziggy stardust off ziggy stardust and life on mars and changes off hunky dory. i think i good album to start with is probably ziggy stardust, you'll find alot of good songs on that album.

hope this helps
----
tulkas
el parcero

22.06.2008 at 07:33
Written by Necrogeddon on 21.06.2008 at 02:59

@tulkas: well i would definately recommend any of his albums up until scary monsters and supercreeps. some songs that are good, these are favs of mine are:- ashes to ashes off scary monsters and supercreeps, sound and vision off low, rebel rebel and diamond dogs off diamond dogs, suffragette city and ziggy stardust off ziggy stardust and life on mars and changes off hunky dory. i think i good album to start with is probably ziggy stardust, you'll find alot of good songs on that album.

hope this helps

thanx! i'll look for them and download them as soon as i get a chance
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late

22.06.2008 at 18:09
its ok hope you enjoy it
----
Hamird
HIV+

22.06.2008 at 21:44
I just heard a funny thing about David Bowie.. that's Avril Lavigne said David Movie, and when people asked her about that, she said she never heard about him... and then I said with myself, FUCK YOU BITCH! a whore became a superstar with some cheap songs, and then she doesn't know David Bowie!!!
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix

23.06.2009 at 12:00
Since I'm just in a mood and I put on some good old' Ziggy Stardust I decided to bring back this thread

I'm actually quite surprised there aren't as many Bowie fans here! I just love his music, even though I'm not exactly a maniac fan knowing all his albums by heart. But it's basically fact that this dude is one heck of a music genious. I just find all his works worth listening, from his early works to his psychedellic/glam phase (I mean, The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars is THE THING!!!), to his pop (The Thin White Duke era) experimentation (Station To Station is one of my absolutely fave songs!) going on this well known, established, superstar celebirty. It was rock, it was pop, it was electronic, he did everything and he did it awesome!

And I remember falling in love in Bowie when seeing Wir, Kinder Von Bahnhoff Zoo for the first time, performing Station To Station.
----
In the end it's every man for himself.
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride

23.06.2009 at 14:01
Bowie is a brilliant artist with a unique distinctive voice. He has inspired many artists, among them, Nirvana and Marilyn Manson. He is also a pretty decent actor. He played a very good part in the Prestige and was one of my childhood heroes with his performance in the Labyrinth.

Here's the best song from the Labyrinth:

and just for fun, here's Adam Sandler singing Space Oddity in Mr Deeds:

Enjoy
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
Bad English
nobody

17.07.2009 at 15:31

. i think i good album to start with is probably ziggy stardust, you'll find alot of good songs on that album.

hope this helps

actualy its only album what you shood have from him, and I have it, each 70's n realy is good, but leither songs are to pop, Ziggy its more guitars and emotions , but 80's staff I feel like gothic sawm who will drawn in lokal pool
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride

17.07.2009 at 18:09
Written by Bad English on 17.07.2009 at 15:31

. i think i good album to start with is probably ziggy stardust, you'll find alot of good songs on that album.

hope this helps

actualy its only album what you shood have from him, and I have it, each 70's n realy is good, but leither songs are to pop, Ziggy its more guitars and emotions , but 80's staff I feel like gothic sawm who will drawn in lokal pool

Space Oddity and The Man Who Sold the World are good to.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
Bad English
nobody

17.07.2009 at 18:35
Written by Haddonfield on 17.07.2009 at 18:09

hope this helps

Well those 2 songs yes are but albums I need hear those albums before judge, havnt hera those long
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride

17.07.2009 at 19:01
Written by Bad English on 17.07.2009 at 18:35

Written by Haddonfield on 17.07.2009 at 18:09

hope this helps

Well those 2 songs yes are but albums I need hear those albums before judge, havnt hera those long

It's his oldest material so, I think if you like Ziigy Stardust, you may like these ones.
----

Pyramid God

19.07.2011 at 13:21
Hallo Spaceboy IMO.
IronAngel

21.07.2011 at 21:34
I quite like Low. It's such a carefully crafted album. I've never gotten into Bowie properly, just a few spins of a few albums. I guess I like Low because it reminds me of Brian Eno's albums from that time, especially Another Green World. Which admittedly beats anything Bowie ever did. >_>
DyingWorld

02.01.2014 at 00:57
I've been listening to David Bowie quite a bit as of late. "The Man Who Sold The World", "Ziggy Stardust" and "Diamond Dogs" are all great albums. I use to listen to Ziggy Stardust a lot before I got into metal too. Just such great songwriting and arrangements, timeless stuff. Perhaps I should check out more of his work.
Walter Iego
Author

04.01.2014 at 02:14
Well, his old classics will always stand the test of time.
Innika

27.02.2014 at 15:06
Written by AnGina-- on 23.06.2009 at 12:00

Since I'm just in a mood and I put on some good old' Ziggy Stardust I decided to bring back this thread

I'm actually quite surprised there aren't as many Bowie fans here! I just love his music, even though I'm not exactly a maniac fan knowing all his albums by heart. But it's basically fact that this dude is one heck of a music genious. I just find all his works worth listening, from his early works to his psychedellic/glam phase (I mean, The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars is THE THING!!!), to his pop (The Thin White Duke era) experimentation (Station To Station is one of my absolutely fave songs!) going on this well known, established, superstar celebirty. It was rock, it was pop, it was electronic, he did everything and he did it awesome!

And I remember falling in love in Bowie when seeing Wir, Kinder Von Bahnhoff Zoo for the first time, performing Station To Station.

Yes, yes and yes!
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix

15.03.2014 at 14:01
Written by Walter Iego on 04.01.2014 at 02:14

Well, his old classics will always stand the test of time.

Absolute truth!

But nonetheless, The Next Day is a masterpiece as well. I mean, with this record he made one of the best comebacks in the history of music. The music is just... dreamy, thought-provoking, intelligent, memorable.... Everyhing that Bowie represent. I admire him so so much, such an incredible artist. It has been almost a half of the century since his debut, and his mind is still going on, full of ideas. In years to come, his whole discography will be legendary, no doubt there.
----
In the end it's every man for himself.

Advertise on Metal Storm

Login or register to post here.