Metal Storm logo
Obituary - Finished With Recording EP

The following update was posted on the official website of Obituary on June 16th :

"What a great weekend! We have been working really hard on this new EP and Saturday night we finished it. I am totally psyched about this and can't wait to get it to you. I am not sure about the release date yet, but I'll post it as soon as I know. Once again, Mark Prator and RedRoom Recorders really helped us out to get this done. Markie, you rule...thanks for everything!!! Most of you probably know that we built our own studio for the recording of the Xecutioner's Return CD. We tracked this new EP in our studio and are really happy with the sounds we are getting. Because of our limited, but growing, Pro-Tools HD experience, we lean heavily on Mark for his guidence and help. We then take all those tracks to RedRoom where we put it all together. This process of being able to record right here in our own studio whenever we want has been an unbelievable asset to our writing and recording abilities!

This EP will contain 4 songs: 2 new ones, that are heavy as balls. A new 2008 studio recording of Slowly We Rot. Slowly is one of the first songs we ever wrote and of all our songs it gets played every show! It is interesting to hear this song re-recorded almost 23 later. Unbelievable! You have to hear it. Dethroned Emperior is a song by Celtic Frost that we sometimes play live or just while jammming in the studio. Because we enjoy it so much we recorded it for this EP as well.

I feel like we just got home from the first leg of our European Festival Tour and now we leave again Wednesday to start the second leg: Austria, Spain, France, Belgium, Germany and Italy...coming up! I hope you come out and see us!"

Source: obituary.cc
Band profile: Obituary
Posted: 21.06.2008 by abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 47 users
21.06.2008 - 17:31
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
sounds cool, hopefully they'll be selling it on their US tour.
----
Coldgrits
21.06.2008 - 18:31
DoomGuard

hopefully they come to the US with Deicide...that'd be an awesome tour!
22.06.2008 - 00:04
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by DoomGuard on 21.06.2008 at 18:31

hopefully they come to the US with Deicide...that'd be an awesome tour!

that would be an INSANE tour. any band combined with the awesome force that is Deicide will surely make for an awesome tour.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.

Hits total: 2538 | This month: 13