Metal Storm logo
Spastic Ink

23.06.2006 - 05:10
Aresius
Account deleted

Spastic Ink is a technical progressive metal band consisting of guitarist Ron Jarzombek (Watchtower), bassist Pete Perez (Riot), and Ron's brother Bobby on drums (Riot, Halford)...their music incorporates elements of jazz fusion and classic metal...this band specializes in super-complex instrumental fusion metal, making even Watchtower sound simplistic...they started out as a solo project for Jarzombek...hmm...they play incredibly complex metal instrumentals...I think Ron Jarzombek is a master guitarist, quite frankly one of the best...his distinctive style is in top form here, as both his soloing and riffing is unbelievably tight, and yet the rhythm section of Bobby and Pete matches him every step of the way...awesome...in my opinion there is no other band alive today that possesses such technical and musical prowess...Spastic Ink dont play traditional melodically structured compositions...rather, what they do is turn the arrangements, hmm, "inside-out," mixing superb "virtuoso" playing with abrupt time and key changes...this band is unique, nobody really plays this kind of music...they use bizarre interludes and Zappa-like humor...They have released two albums (Ink Complete and Ink Compatible)...Well, I dont own the first one, only Ink Compatible, but I can tell this album kicks ass! Highly recommended...there are many guest performances on this album...including appearances by metal giants such as Marty Friedman (Cacophony, Megadeth), Michael Manring (Attention Dficit, Skol-Patrol), Daniel Gildenlow (Pain of Salvation) and Jens Johansson (Stratovarius, Kamelot, Dio, Yngwie Malmsteen, etc) and several others...this is the best progressive metal band ever...hell yeah...

24.06.2006 - 00:44
ylside

I quite appreciated Spastik Ink's Ink Compatible, but the vocals kinda KILL it for me. Are their other albums better ?
25.06.2006 - 01:39
Daru Jericho

I think the vocals seem to be love hate. At least from reading other people's opinions. I personally love them.

Spastic Ink are a great quirky band. Rather stylish and I like how they have a reoccuring lyircal subject of nerds.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

25.06.2006 - 09:22
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...spastic ink is an amazing prog band, i really like their videos they match perfectly well with their songs, plus after watching them u get a different view of the songs...my favorite song is "see and its sharp!"
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
30.07.2006 - 09:21
Aresius
Account deleted
Spastic Ink, the most technical band ever in my opinion...yesterday I bought Ink Complete, great albums..."See, and It's Sharp," uses only two notes (C and C#) across five octaves...a band that can write an interesting song using only two musical notes is pretty damn good...they're so original and creative...a lot of instrumental records have like ten songs that sound the same, but each of these is unique and different...Jarzombek is one of the best guitar players in the whole world...

30.07.2006 - 10:01
Sarafan Light
Account deleted
Spastic Ink rules, so perfect, so technical, so amazing. "Ink Compatible" is way better than "Ink Complete" I love the abrupt tempo changes, rhythmic devices and time signatures "In Memory of..." is a very strange song...you know, the one about computer memory [RAM] the sound is very melancholic
30.07.2006 - 18:13
Wo0dy
Account deleted
these guys are amazing, good band right here, just got into them like yesterday
30.07.2006 - 18:26
MetalSpider

I havent really heard much from Spastic Ink but from what I have heard, they are great. Very technical thats for sure.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
01.08.2006 - 01:28
KMR

It's art for art, complexity gets its pick there, but whats more.. After a few minutes of listening im really tired, and keeping attention is really hard to achieved. It's rather music instruction how to play really freakin structures, that regular music. Anyway it's interesting and worth these few whiles to get through.
----
Nothing is sacred.
01.08.2006 - 02:00
Aresius
Account deleted
Written by KMR on 01.08.2006 at 01:28

It's art for art, complexity gets its pick there, but whats more.. After a few minutes of listening im really tired, and keeping attention is really hard to achieved. It's rather music instruction how to play really freakin structures, that regular music. Anyway it's interesting and worth these few whiles to get through.

in my opinion there is no other band alive today that possesses such technical and musical prowess...you may disagree...they dont play traditional melodically structured compositions, thats for shure...but I found it quite easy, after a few listens, to stop analysing the music and just enjoy the melodies and solos, but I dont know if others will be able to...
01.08.2006 - 06:48
Endoftherainbow

Anyone seen this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhP4lg28fs0&search=spastic%20ink ? It's their songs and they sync up to bambi PERFECTLY not like any of those other syncs this one actually works it's so cool. There songs make so much sense now and that can't be a coincidence because it syncs up with Hopper so well.
01.08.2006 - 06:59
Wo0dy
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 01.08.2006 at 02:00

Written by KMR on 01.08.2006 at 01:28

in my opinion there is no other band alive today that possesses such technical and musical prowess...you may disagree...they dont play traditional melodically structured compositions, thats for shure...but I found it quite easy, after a few listens, to stop analysing the music and just enjoy the melodies and solos, but I dont know if others will be able to...

i think Sleep Terror posses technical prowesss, www.myspace.com/sleepterror try em out
01.08.2006 - 07:21
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I love Spastic Ink! I remember making the thread for them on the old MS...they really go over people's heads though...so many of my friends and family just can't listen to it and don't get it and think it's crap but I obviously know better then them hah...my favorite song by them and my favorite song FOREVER would be Aquanet...that song man when it starts off Ink Complete....holy shit...I had to play it like...a million more times just to unleash the brilliance and genius of such a masterpiece....no no, I won't do describing that song any justice...it left my speachless...all the music just leaves you in shock and awe...it makes me feel really good though knowing that I listen to such a band and can appreciate such a band...i'm sure you all feel the same way...
01.08.2006 - 07:30
Aresius
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 01.08.2006 at 07:21

I love Spastic Ink! I remember making the thread for them on the old MS...they really go over people's heads though...so many of my friends and family just can't listen to it and don't get it and think it's crap but I obviously know better then them hah...my favorite song by them and my favorite song FOREVER would be Aquanet...that song man when it starts off Ink Complete....holy shit...I had to play it like...a million more times just to unleash the brilliance and genius of such a masterpiece....no no, I won't do describing that song any justice...it left my speachless...all the music just leaves you in shock and awe...it makes me feel really good though knowing that I listen to such a band and can appreciate such a band...i'm sure you all feel the same way...

so you love Spastic Ink...welcome brother...Aquanet is sick...what do you think of the cereal mouse?...one of my favorites...and did I mention see, and its sharp? damn, uses only two notes (C and C#) across five octaves, wow...ink complete is just amazing

01.08.2006 - 07:58
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Cereal Mouse yea...I remember way back ages ago when I first listened to that on his site...and all the video where he does the guitar for Bambi...I was completely wide-mouthed staring at the screen...yah, their first album is insane...

Mention must be given though to Watchtower as well as Jarzombek's other projects I would assume...
01.08.2006 - 08:18
Aresius
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 01.08.2006 at 06:59

i think Sleep Terror posses technical prowesss, www.myspace.com/sleepterror try em out

oh this is so funny...the band is awesome...but check this out...

sounds like: Britney Spears, Usher, Avril Lavigne, Green Day, Matchbox 20, 50 Cent, Staind, Nickelback, Ludacris, Celine Dion, Sheryl Crow, The Hives, Coldplay, John Mayer, Brad Paisely, Shakira, Madonna, Christina Aguilera, Backstreet Boys, Michael Jackson, Justin Timberlake, Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey, Boyz 2 Men, Eminem, Jo Jo, Nick Carter, Dr. Dre, N'Sync, The Killers, Sum 41, Garth Brooks, Guns N' Roses, INXS, Velvet Revolver, Atreyu, Ozzy Osbourne, Metallica, Jamie Foxx, The Strokes, Slipknot, Liz Phair, Lil' Bow Wow, System of a Down, Nick Carter, Linkin Park, Weezer, Whitney Houston, Bobby Brown, Ashlee Simpson, Nick Lachey, Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Snoop Dogg, Coheed and Cambria, Jessica Simpson, Tool, Avenged Sevenfold, Evanescence, etc. etc.

haha...nice dude! did you notice that the band has only two members?

01.08.2006 - 18:47
Wo0dy
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 01.08.2006 at 08:18

Written by Guest on 01.08.2006 at 06:59

oh this is so funny...the band is awesome...but check this out...

sounds like: Britney Spears, Usher, Avril Lavigne, Green Day, Matchbox 20, 50 Cent, Staind, Nickelback, Ludacris, Celine Dion, Sheryl Crow, The Hives, Coldplay, John Mayer, Brad Paisely, Shakira, Madonna, Christina Aguilera, Backstreet Boys, Michael Jackson, Justin Timberlake, Janet Jackson, Mariah Carey, Boyz 2 Men, Eminem, Jo Jo, Nick Carter, Dr. Dre, N'Sync, The Killers, Sum 41, Garth Brooks, Guns N' Roses, INXS, Velvet Revolver, Atreyu, Ozzy Osbourne, Metallica, Jamie Foxx, The Strokes, Slipknot, Liz Phair, Lil' Bow Wow, System of a Down, Nick Carter, Linkin Park, Weezer, Whitney Houston, Bobby Brown, Ashlee Simpson, Nick Lachey, Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Snoop Dogg, Coheed and Cambria, Jessica Simpson, Tool, Avenged Sevenfold, Evanescence, etc. etc.

haha...nice dude! did you notice that the band has only two members?

haha of course lol, i saw them live a couple of days ago, there fucking amazing
03.08.2006 - 06:59
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...hmm i dont think you can easily compare spastic ink to sleep terror...they are both different, sleep terror is more technical death to me, and well, obviously spastic ink is progressive...i think the only thing in which they are alike is in the talent, both bands have an astonishing talent and they make amazing music...it would be very very interesting to see them sharing stage though
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
29.09.2008 - 17:06
Elio
Red Nightmare
Discovered this band recently...brilliant.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
29.09.2008 - 20:32
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I know them for a while now, actually I think they are great but not easy at all to listen to
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram