Metal Storm logo
Cryptopsy

Original post

Posted by LethargyMan, 23.06.2006 - 05:18
I'm suprised this hasn't been made yet...

Founded in 1988, Cryptopsy grew to become one of today's biggest leaders in today's technical death metal scene. Their singer, Lord Worm, is certainly one of the most notable aspects of the band, whose voice sounds almost strained, yet still powerful. Cryptopsy's music is very fast and aggressive, made stronger by their liberal use of time-changes and the intense drumming of Flo Mounier, who gives all of their songs a very prevalent percussive feel. This lineup released two albums, Blasphemy Made Flesh and their groundbreaking album None so Vile.

After 1996, Lord Worm left the band for his own ambitions as a teacher, and was replaced by Mike DiSalvo. His vocal style was very different from that of his predecessor, taking on a more -core style. His first album as singer was Whisper Supremacy. While many people were turned off by this dramatic change, DiSalvo was indeed a very aggressive vocalist. After the release of the band's fourth album, And then You'll Beg... DiSalvo quit in 2001 to pursue a family life.

After a brief stint with Martain Lacroix as vocals (who can be heard on the album None so Live), Lord Worm finally returned as lead singer on Cryptopsy's latest album, Once was Not. The band is now touring Europe to promote the album.

The first Cryptopsy album I heard was And then You'll Beg, and I loved it, so I suppose I like DiSalvo a bit more than some other Cryptopsy fans... of course, I now prefer Lord Worm.

Any other fans?
17.03.2008 - 01:41
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Or it could be just a joke to scare the fans
17.03.2008 - 01:49
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Look what I found on another forum -

17.03.2008 - 01:52
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
LOL. The hate is spreading very quickly
17.03.2008 - 05:48
Severed Survival
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.03.2008 at 01:24

Written by Doc G. on 15.03.2008 at 01:06

Speaking of which, does anyone have a link to somewhere I could hear those songs?

Here you go http://www.zshare.net/audio/87690147be130e/ for Bemoan The Martyr

and

http://www.zshare.net/audio/8769288b130406/
for Resurgence of an Empire

i will burn every fucking thing i own by cryptopsy and hate myself for considering "open face surgery" one of my fav. songs if this utter-shit is for real.

but then on the other hand, why the hell am i suprised? like every decent death metal band from the early 90s, they started to suck in the mid' 90s and now have officaly selled the fuck out. screw these morons.
17.03.2008 - 09:04
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 17.03.2008 at 05:48

Speaking of which, does anyone have a link to somewhere I could hear those songs?

and

i will burn every fucking thing i own by cryptopsy and hate myself for considering "open face surgery" one of my fav. songs if this utter-shit is for real.

but then on the other hand, why the hell am i suprised? like every decent death metal band from the early 90s, they started to suck in the mid' 90s and now have officaly selled the fuck out. screw these morons.

Is there any band who has nose dived this hard and this quickly though? (it is a genuine question, I don't know too much about death metal, only about a dozen bands or so)
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
17.03.2008 - 09:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Doc G. on 17.03.2008 at 09:04

Written by Guest on 17.03.2008 at 05:48

and

Is there any band who has nose dived this hard and this quickly though? (it is a genuine question, I don't know too much about death metal, only about a dozen bands or so)

I am wrecking my brain but can't think of a single band (be it in death metal, thrash metal, or whaver other metal) that has nose-dived this hard and this quickly.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.03.2008 - 14:12
Deadsoulman
Elite
I can't think of any band going under such a radical change for the worst in such a short span of time either.
17.03.2008 - 14:53
Baz Anderson
Staff
hahahahaha - that picture "...and now we suck" hahahaha

maybe Lord Worm is cooking up some plans for a new death metal band maybe? we could hope - but I'd want Flo to be there too
17.03.2008 - 14:58
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Look what i found in the website that has the 2 songs available for download:

Artist - Cryptopsy
Album - 2 New Leaked Songs
Genre - Horse Shit
Website - www.myspace.com/cryptopsy
Country - Canada
18.03.2008 - 01:23
ß
Problem?
Lol I wonder how well the band is taking all this negativity?
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
18.03.2008 - 01:33
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Baz Anderson on 17.03.2008 at 14:53

hahahahaha - that picture "...and now we suck" hahahaha

maybe Lord Worm is cooking up some plans for a new death metal band maybe? we could hope - but I'd want Flo to be there too

Judging by an interview I read with Lord Worm a few months back (trying to find it, but not much luck). And apparently he got ousted from Cryptopsy because he had health conditions that prevented him from touring...which I dont imagine would prevent him from at least making a studio project, but by the way he was talking he sounded far more interested in Black metal.
----
- George Carlin
18.03.2008 - 01:43
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm going to post every picture I find.

^^^that one makes me laugh while throwing up.

Oh, and I think this was the interview that Dr.Rock spoke of (scroll down to the bottom if the browser doesn't do it for you).
18.03.2008 - 03:07
totaliteraliter
Quote:
METALLIAN: Are you leaving the music scene or will the fans hear your voice again?
LORD WORM: I wouldn't say it's impossible that I would be back. I discussed it in passing with some people last night. If someone offers me a position that is a one-off or a one-album project, with no live shows or maybe just one, I would do that. It has to be brief, meaningful and extreme. If various black metal musicians and I get together I would do it if it were a one-off. I was discussing it with some friends last night. There are 5,000 black metal bands on the planet and many of them are doing a 'scheduled rotation' of members. Why not? Why be a touring band if you don't have to be?

Some interesting comments in that interview, especially this. He's always been one of the great lyricists in metal, it would be very interesting and appropriate for him to lend his skills to some sort of black metal collaboration. His writing would be very appropriate for something musically like Mayhem or Countess, even Lunar Aurora perhaps.
18.03.2008 - 11:09
GT
Coffee!!
Staff

and

I've never listen to Cryptopsy before and I'm not that much into DM, but those two songs are crap...especially Bemoan The Martyr. It's sounds like someone making fun of the genre
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
18.03.2008 - 16:15
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
I wonder if someone is going to buy the album...
18.03.2008 - 17:18
Damnated
Churchburner
where do these links come from btw? i'm still thinking that it is a bad joke of some kind.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
18.03.2008 - 17:27
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
Written by Damnated on 18.03.2008 at 17:18

where do these links come from btw? i'm still thinking that it is a bad joke of some kind.

According to what people say, it's a pretty reliable source. Anyway, with a vocalist like that i doubt that they will do better than those two musics
18.03.2008 - 19:49
Woutjinho
Account deleted
they are embarrassing nowadays
18.03.2008 - 21:34
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
yay they released another new song on their MySpace and it's much better! Still, not as good as their other stuff.
18.03.2008 - 22:42
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Dangerboner on 18.03.2008 at 21:34

yay they released another new song on their MySpace and it's much better! Still, not as good as their other stuff.

Yeah its not absolute crap, perhaps the band beat some sense into the singing faggot after they sobered up (they had to be loaded on something to actually think recording those other 2 songs was a good idea). The moments where hes not screaming arent bad.
----
- George Carlin
19.03.2008 - 02:23
ß
Problem?
It's decent but atleast it's much better than those 2 other pieces of crap.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
20.03.2008 - 16:30
Skeggjadr
Account deleted
I agree that the song on their shitspace is better than the other 2 songs... but it's still crap.
20.03.2008 - 21:44
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
First time I heard those new songs: LMAO.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
20.03.2008 - 23:26
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Written by Lucas on 20.03.2008 at 21:44

First time I heard those new songs: LMAO.

Really? I should going to cheer up my days with these songs, I am not very smiling at the moment Thanks for the info.
21.03.2008 - 00:13
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Well, unless you're a fan of their older stuff (which I'm not). If you are, it's pretty depressing, I suppose.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
21.03.2008 - 10:39
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
This new music is a blasphemy so vile that I'm already whispering, begging that it once was not.

Well, that didn't come out too well, kind of like the new tracks I've heard. Anyway, I guess we shouldn't judge after a few songs, so I guess that means I have to start liking Soulja Boy too. They should have just got Mike DiSalvo back, the two albums with him were at least alright. Anyway, at least Flo's drumming is still good, even though I still hate the production.
----
The force will be with you, always.
21.03.2008 - 16:45
A.J Thunder
I've just started to get into Cryptospy having known them for many years and i really like this band. Blashempy made flesh and None so vile are really great and Once was not works really good for me too. So hearing they are going to release an new album really got me waiting for it.

Now im fucking crushed, i was so close to start crying when i've heard this .....martyr song. Horrible absolutly horrible.

Thought the band so brilliant for going wery fast and wery brutal and still keeping everything so good together not forgetting that unique "cryptospy vibe"...the grove and those killer riffs.
And now this.........
22.03.2008 - 03:19
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Clintagräm on 21.03.2008 at 10:39

This new music is a blasphemy so vile that I'm already whispering, begging that it once was not.

Well, that didn't come out too well, kind of like the new tracks I've heard. Anyway, I guess we shouldn't judge after a few songs, so I guess that means I have to start liking Soulja Boy too. They should have just got Mike DiSalvo back, the two albums with him were at least alright. Anyway, at least Flo's drumming is still good, even though I still hate the production.

Travis Barker from Blink 182 is a good drummer too, doesn't help his music from not sucking unfortunately.
----
- George Carlin
10.04.2008 - 00:00
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Matt McGachy looks like the kind of guy who sits while taking a piss. OOH BUT IT'S MORE COMFORTABLE
13.04.2008 - 23:58
mankvill
Written by Dangerboner on 10.04.2008 at 00:00

Matt McGachy looks like the kind of guy who sits while taking a piss. OOH BUT IT'S MORE COMFORTABLE

I sit down when I pee
There's nothin' that wrong with me!