Metal Storm logo
Favourite Mayhem Album with Attila on vocals

Poll

Which album of Mayhem with Attila is better in your opinion?

De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas
Ordo Ad Chao
I prefer Non-Attila Mayhem

Total votes: 41
24.06.2008 - 20:02
Hamird
Lieutenant
I decided to open a thread about Mayhem's albums; first I wanted to put all albums of this band, but then I declared to open a poll for two albums which are done by Attila on vocals. this decision was after reading Ordo Ad Chao's review by Lucas and also comments for the review...

I think most of black metal fans have listened to these two albums, so no need to introduce them. (for those who have not listened to these two albums yet: firstly shame on you (joking), read the review of both albums and after that get them and then vote if you want)

Ok. here is my vote: ORDO AD CHAO.
My first reason is the music of Mayhem. DMDS is an album which mostly done and composed by Dead and Euronymous. and sounds like Underground Black metal. I don't like this kind of music, although I like DMDS very much. But OAC was very well composed album, which is included atmospheric and noisy songs. Illuminate Eliminate is a good example!

Then is the guitar performance, I like Blasphemer more than Euronymous, because my opinion is that, he can makes some interesting noises which I think those are special for him!

And the last reason is Attila himself. I almost listened to all of his works in different bands. If you focus on him you'll understand use two kind of vocals. one is Black Metal which he's done in Aborym, Tormentor, Korog and Limbonic Art and another vocals which is mostly atmospheric, and he uses in Drone and EBM music like Sunn O))), Professor Fate, Plasma Pool and intro of "Man Bite God" in Aborym's latest album!
So in DMDS he uses the first theme, and in OAC he uses the second one, and as I like his Drone works more, I enjoyed OAC more!

Totally I like both albums, but OAC for me is more interesting. I like almost all of both albums' tracks, but some of them are unbelievable.
my favourite Attila's performances in DMDS are DMDS itself, Funeral Fog and Pagan Fear;
and in OAC I like Illuminate Eliminate, Anti and I worship Deconsecrate...

Goodluck
24.06.2008 - 20:15
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Well, I voted non-Attilla....my untr00 ass is gonna get killed for that. haha.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
24.06.2008 - 20:48
Damnated
Churchburner
Ordo Ad Chao is amazing. from start to finish it is just amazing, especially Attila's work. he is just insane sometimes, and i remember that only after a while a realized that some of the weird noises on the album are actually done by the vocal cords of Attila.

music wise OaC is also way superior to DMDS, all of the songs stand out and are easily distinguishable. which can not be said in the case of DMDS: some songs are just fillers. tbh i only like about 2-3 songs from that record.

so, my vote goes to Ordo Ad Chao.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
24.06.2008 - 21:52
totaliteraliter
Not that I don't like Ordo but it isn't really a contest. You have a genre-defining work and the culmination of an exciting new riffing style on an album created in the midst of one of the most dramatic and important periods in metal history. Ordo was a surprisingly solid comeback album but while it can match the atmosphere found on DMDS it can't match the atmosphere that surrounds it.
24.06.2008 - 22:11
rageing atheist
Account deleted
Although DMDS is a very strong album I prefer Ordo Ad Chao, it sounds more like music I would like to compose if I'd know how. The songs maybe don't stand out as well from eachother than on DMDS but I find Ordo to be more consistent and unified, unlike DMDS where I really love some of the songs (Freezing Moon, Funeral Fog, Life Eternal and Pagan Fears) but feel pretty apathetic towards the songs that come after Life Eternal, including the title track, which I like the least from all the songs on the album.
So my vote goes to Ordo.
24.06.2008 - 22:42
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by Doc G. on 24.06.2008 at 20:15

so you mean non-Attila and non-Maniac .... is that right? otherwise you are so untr00000!

I voted for "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas" .
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
24.06.2008 - 22:55
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Written by totaliteraliter on 24.06.2008 at 21:52

Not that I don't like Ordo but it isn't really a contest. You have a genre-defining work and the culmination of an exciting new riffing style on an album created in the midst of one of the most dramatic and important periods in metal history. Ordo was a surprisingly solid comeback album but while it can match the atmosphere found on DMDS it can't match the atmosphere that surrounds it.

I'm hoping that Ordo Ad Chao will turn out to be the same genre-defining work in a couple of years. If not, it is truly an unique work.

And I agree with Damnated here, Ordo Ad Chao is truly amazing and Attila is the best vocalist in Black metal.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
24.06.2008 - 23:25
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Varegan on 24.06.2008 at 22:42

so you mean non-Attila and non-Maniac .... is that right? otherwise you are so untr00000!

Actually Maniac is my favorite, and I believe he is the most untr00 out of the 3.
----
- George Carlin
25.06.2008 - 00:32
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by Doc G. on 24.06.2008 at 23:25

Actually Maniac is my favorite, and I believe he is the most untr00 out of the 3.

whats really especial about him? his behavior? his vocals? or his gayness?
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
25.06.2008 - 00:52
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I voted for Ordo Ad Chao. That album is just fucking creepy, and Attila's vocals in Deconsecrate sound like a pterodactyl (not that I've ever heard one, but still...).
25.06.2008 - 01:26
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Varegan on 25.06.2008 at 00:32

Written by Doc G. on 24.06.2008 at 23:25

whats really especial about him? his behavior? his vocals? or his gayness?

Yeah! Homosexuals suck! What an awesome insult! Yeah bro, lets go beat up some faggots!

I like his vocals, Im growing to appreciate Ordo Ad Chao a little bit but for the most part I still prefer Maniac.
----
- George Carlin
25.06.2008 - 08:23
Hamird
Lieutenant
Ordo Ad Chao could never done like this, if Attila wasn't in the band! Maniac, Dead and all other vocalists, cannot do as well as Attila does!
Attila's voice is music, and he compose sounds with his voice/noise...
And it's alright to call him the Best Black Metal Vocalist.
26.06.2008 - 12:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I voted for Mysteriis because I know it more how Ordo album, and I like taht music more, so even I like all Mayhem, even if it sidnt my fav band either
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.06.2009 - 22:09
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
De mysterilis!!! it is maybe the best "classic BM" album...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
16.07.2009 - 21:19
Ankläger
I personally think Wolf's Lair Abyss has the best Black metal vocals I have ever heard (completely unintelligible screeches), performed by Maniac, I believe. But I love Attila in Sunn O))), he has a great, eerie voice that he never used in Mayhem.
19.08.2009 - 01:07
Razorback
De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas,mayhem's classic .
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
21.01.2011 - 15:33
JD
Account deleted
I will go with De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas.
21.01.2011 - 15:45
ForeverDarkWoods
I prefer non-Atilla Mayhem. More specifically, I preferred the stuff released when Maniac was in the band the first time as well as the stuff recorded with Dead.

I also saw Mayhem live last summer, and it was some of the most pathetic shit I've ever seen. Drums were triggered to the high heavens, they didn't play many of their really good songs and Atilla's stage performance was some of the most hilariously pathetic shit I've ever seen. This isn't even recognizable as Mayhem at this point. No support for the recent fake Mayhem.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America