Metal Storm logo
Origin

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 23.06.2006 - 06:34
Has anyone here heard of this band? They're currently signed to Relapse records, and as far as I know, have released three albums: Origin, Informis Infinitas Inhumanitas, and Echoes of Decimation. They play pretty tight and brutal Death Metal/Grind and are often compared to label-mates Suffocation and Hate Eternal.
27.02.2009 - 04:27
I heard a song from their debut and thought it to be the best I've heard from them. But, seems like the debut is their least talked about...is it not all that good?
27.02.2009 - 21:00
Galar
Wicked Mung
I dont think I have ever heard a faster, more intense band than Origin. That's some extreme shit right there, awesome though.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
27.02.2009 - 21:21
Richard
elite
Written by theflyingmachine on 27.02.2009 at 04:27

I heard a song from their debut and thought it to be the best I've heard from them. But, seems like the debut is their least talked about...is it not all that good?

As Wintersun said, Origin are associated with being extremely fast and intense - and basically the debut just doesn't quite have the same insane ferocity and energy of the following albums. It's from their 2nd album onwards that they took it to another level, really.
----
01.03.2009 - 00:18
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Origin are definitely the best metal band to ever come from my home state of Kansas. "Echoes of Decimation" is my favorite album, as it is constantly brutal from start to finish. I haven't heard "Antithesis" yet, but judging from their previous work on "Echoes...", I expect it to be absolutely brilliant.
01.03.2009 - 00:28
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Galar on 27.02.2009 at 21:00

I dont think I have ever heard a faster, more intense band than Origin. That's some extreme shit right there, awesome though.

Yes, Origin is quite awesome as far as brutal death goes. There is faster though. You should look up Spawn Of Possession if you haven't already.

Antithesis was one of the best 2008 albums. Within the death metal genre the stuff that beat it was Dead Congregation, Father Befouled and then just about nothing else.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
01.03.2009 - 00:45
Galar
Wicked Mung
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 01.03.2009 at 00:28

Yes, Origin is quite awesome as far as brutal death goes. There is faster though. You should look up Spawn Of Possession if you haven't already.

Antithesis was one of the best 2008 albums. Within the death metal genre the stuff that beat it was Dead Congregation, Father Befouled and then just about nothing else.

I've heard an even faster band than both a "hyperspeed" black metal band titled Tsatthoggua. Not the most amazing music, but its daaaaamn fast.
----
01.03.2009 - 00:52
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Galar on 01.03.2009 at 00:45

Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 01.03.2009 at 00:28

I've heard an even faster band than both a "hyperspeed" black metal band titled Tsatthoggua. Not the most amazing music, but its daaaaamn fast.

Yes, that band. Didn't think they were as fast as the hype seems to suggest though.

I've heard a bm band that was nearly 1000 bpm (speedcore techno/black metal and it was shit), but that was a sped up drum machine and as such don't count.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
01.03.2009 - 03:51
Richard
elite
Then again, bands that are thought of as "fast" often aren't actually fast in the truest sense. Often, bands that play 'fast' just play a lot of notes in a short space of time - but the actual pace of the song just flows at a moderate tempo. If that makes sense..?!
----
01.03.2009 - 19:48
I bought Echoes of Decimation a couple of weeks ago and enjoy it quite a bit. It is definitely fast, but is one of the few fast DM albums that are able to maintain their structure throughout. I've heard much faster albums, but they usually leave me thinking a) what the fuck is going on, or b) I think that riff was good, but it lasted about 1.25 seconds, so I'm not 100% sure.
17.07.2009 - 03:25
Just listened to Informis... for the first time today and have to say that I am a little disappointed with it. Considering how much I enjoyed Echoes of Decimation, I thought I'd enjoy this one, but is just 10x more generic.
18.07.2009 - 23:14
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by theflyingmachine on 17.07.2009 at 03:25

I thought I'd enjoy this one, but is just 10x more generic.

I didn't like this one either at first, but now I love it. There's so much going on that it can be hard to listen to at first, but it'll grow on you if you like Echoes.
19.07.2009 - 07:31
Galar
Wicked Mung
Soooo good. Just saw them live a couple hours ago. BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTALLL
----
19.07.2009 - 19:46
Written by Dangerboner on 18.07.2009 at 23:14

Written by theflyingmachine on 17.07.2009 at 03:25

I thought I'd enjoy this one, but is just 10x more generic.

I didn't like this one either at first, but now I love it. There's so much going on that it can be hard to listen to at first, but it'll grow on you if you like Echoes.

Hmm..maybe I'll give this one another listen then.
05.09.2009 - 01:28
Bloody Rain
I Am The Night
Oh yeah, Origin are pretty sweet. I first heard them when they opened for Cryptopsy last year and I was blown away! I only have one album (Antithesis) but it's pretty sweet.
05.09.2009 - 04:19
Ur-Drago
If you like Antithesis, then you'll pretty much like/love all their previous works.

Origin > your mom.
14.02.2010 - 17:53
WNStudios
I was actually turned off by their "Finite" video, the music was good but the singer made a wierd "Look how cute i am" face in the beginning which completley ruined it for me. Their name popped up alot lately though so i decided to give them another chance by downloading their albums so i wouldnt have to see them. And oh man, i fucking love em! Checked the video again and i forgive that face just by the fact that they're one of the best and most intense bands i've heard in a while now
----
Worship Nothing Studios - Sound for the extreme!