Metal Storm logo
Crucified Barbara - In Distortion We Trust review

Reviewer:

37 users:
Band: Crucified Barbara
Album: In Distortion We Trust
Release date: 2005

01. Play Me Hard (The Bachelor's Guitar)
02. In Distortion We Trust
03. Losing The Game
04. Motorfucker
05. I Need A Cowboy From Hell
06. My Heart is Black
07. Hide 'em All
08. Going Down
09. I Wet Myself
10. Rock 'n' Roll Bachelor
11. Bad Hangover

Females in Metal, that's becoming more and more usual today, but there are still very few all-female bands on the market, and it has always been that way.
From the 70:ties I know about a few, bands like The Runaways & Vixen.
And Kittie & Astarte from nowadays. That was about it, before I came across this young Swedish band I'm about to review now, Crucified Barbara (strange name, huh?).

Even if their Punk-oozing Heavy Hard Rock isn't really what I normally listening too, I find both them and their music very striking and pretty funny. But I'm pretty sure that they won't gain much fans from the Metal and Hard Rock scene, their fans will mostly be teenage girls that wants to revolt or just having a bad time in their life (I suppose).
But even if they are decent songwriters, I feel that their lyrics could be a bit better, all this "Motherfucker" and stuff just sounds childish.

The album is divided into two parts, it's the first part (first three songs) that's really good and there's the second part (the rest of the songs) that sounds pretty much the same, there are no song really better then the other here, almost all of them sounds like fillers.

But there are those first three, the starter "Play Me Hard (The Bachelor's Guitar), that's a pretty decent opener, even if it's not the best of the three.
Second one, the title-track "In Distortion We Trust" is pretty much the hardest this album has to offer, the most "Metal" song here, good guitars and a great chorus makes this maybe the best song.
And there are the third, the single "Losing the Game"; this Radio-friendly track might be the track most people will relate to the band. It's not a bad one, it's very catchy and you can sing-a-long already the first time you hear it.

Unfortunately the rest of the songs doesn't keep this level, and already track four is boring, and the album will stay like that, there are no "hidden jewels" among the remaining songs, and I think that's a shame.
The score would have been much higher if there were at least 2 more songs in the same class as the first three, but it's still good for a debut in the kind of music.

I still recommend you to check up this debut from this very promising and young Swedish band, that's going to release many more albums in the future, that's at least something I'm hoping for, because I want more.

"Goddamned it, in distortion we trust"
"The noise will blow your speakers away".

Go for it girls!

Check Out: The Opening three, "Play it Hard (The Bachelor's Guitar), "In Distortion We Trust" & "Losing the Game".

Written by Malcolm | 18.01.2005

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 79 users
26.06.2008 - 20:49
Rating: 7
Hamird
Lieutenant
It was just amazing... I don't like this genre so much, but they've just Rocked!!! I cannot believe that women can play guitar like that... When you listen to album you can feel that you are listening to Female-Motorhead!!

Hits total: 3695 | This month: 7