Metal Storm logo
Amon Amarth - Bloodshed Over Bochum, Album Title Revealed

Amon Amarth have posted following statement:

''We have had plans of doing a smaller club show tour for quite some time now where we would mainly play older songs, but that has been very hard to pull off. So when this idea was brought to us of re-visiting the 4 first full lenght albums at Bochum in Germany we were all up for it. This will be a once in a life time chance for us to play and our fans to experience all the old songs that we don't have room for in the setlist anymore, but are still too good to not play! Of course we'll also play songs from the new upcoming album, as well as "With Oden On Our Side" and "Fate Of Norns".
Since these shows will be unique we thought we could might as well record the shows too!

We are thrilled over this event and look forward to the shows. It will be some hard work and preparation playing around 50 -60 different songs in 4 days. Some songs we haven't played for a very, very long time and some we have never played live at all. But challenges are something that encourages us!''

4 Evenings - 4 Shows - 4 Albums
Zeche Bochum, Germany

28.12.2008 Once Sent From The Golden Hall
29.12.2008 The Avenger
30.12.2008 The Crusher
31.12.2008 Versus The World

Apart from playing the 4 albums in their entirety each night there will be a best of mix from "Fate Of Norns", "With Oden On Our Side" and of course the new upcoming album!

+ Meet and greet with the band
+ Special merchandise sold at each show
+ New Years Eve Party on the 31.12

UPDATED (thanks to -LugburZ-)

In other news, Amon Amarth have set "Twilight Of The Thundergod" as the title of their seventh full-length album, due this fall via Metal Blade Records. The CD title was revealed by frontman Johan Hegg during an interview with the "Tinitus" radio show, which airs on Norway's P3.

Source: amonamarth.com
Band profile: Amon Amarth
Event: Amon Amarth: Bloodshed Over Bochum
Posted: 27.06.2008 by abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 22   Visited by: 180 users
27.06.2008 - 16:38
Deadsoulman

Wow, that is a brilliant idea to wrap up the year, wish I could go over there!
27.06.2008 - 17:53
Abattoir

Yea, realy amazing...couldn't be better.
27.06.2008 - 18:40
Promonex
Cathemeral
Ooooh, I think I know where I'll spend my Xmas hollies
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
27.06.2008 - 19:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
awsome idea, I support it but only chossen once be there even Im happy I can hear albums
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.06.2008 - 21:58
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Twilight of the Thundergod!!! What a great idea, I wish more bands would follow their lead, that way if you really love a specific album you can choose when to go and hear it in it's entirety...
27.06.2008 - 22:58
sq_xeper

Awesome album title makes you wanna buy it right away!!!
----
The only way to learn is be aware and hold on tight...
27.06.2008 - 23:52
DoomGuard

Sounds very awesome and epic
28.06.2008 - 00:07
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
amon amarth win. period.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
28.06.2008 - 16:08
selken
Irreligious
Excellent news
----
28.06.2008 - 17:15
Remus

Hm, i'm surprised Warman hasn't yet said something like "ooh this band is not that good, i don't know what you see in them, i used to listen to them but now i listen to REAL bands!"

On a serious note, i really wish i could attend these shows but... Oh well, hopefully they'll keep their promise en record the shows en release a dvd or something.
'Can't wait for the new album!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
28.06.2008 - 18:15
Uller

Awesome!! i cant wait for Twilight Of The Thundergod!!!
----
28.06.2008 - 23:51
>Odysseus

I really wish with all my heart they don't screw it up .. like In flames !!

i'd like this new album '' Twilight Of The Thundergod '' to be better than '' with oden on our side '' ... although it's hard to make an album as good as '' with oden on our side '' ...

wish u the best of luck
29.06.2008 - 00:07
Derelict Earth

Twilight of the thundergod ? Almost a bathory album's title hehe, let's hope it's at least as good as With Oden on our Side or Versus the World !
29.06.2008 - 00:55
Valentin B
Iconoclast
woah.. this sounds really awesome. i'm only just gotten into AA, but for a big fan, this should be quite an experience
29.06.2008 - 14:35
Warman
Erotic Stains
That is so fucking cool! I could kill for being at the two first shows and experience the first song from the third one!
----
29.06.2008 - 14:39
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Remus on 28.06.2008 at 17:15

Hm, i'm surprised Warman hasn't yet said something like "ooh this band is not that good, i don't know what you see in them, i used to listen to them but now i listen to REAL bands!"

Hahaha, funny!
But those last words have I never said, I do respect Amon Amarth but find their new albums boring. Haha, if I said "real bands" i would probably be banned since I'm a Metallica and Cradle of Filth fanboy.
----
29.06.2008 - 19:45
Destryphior

Uh... I'd do anything to attend.. sadly anything isn't enough for me to get abroad at that time... fething military service
29.06.2008 - 22:45
Manzo

I can't wait for this new album. I'm a huge Amon Amarth fan, met them at their last tour. Incredible.

I live in NY but im gonna try and get some ticks for the shows in Germany, this is gonna be a once in a lifetime experience.
01.07.2008 - 00:10
-Soulreaper-

I cant wait for the new album either. Granted its only been 2 years since the last album came out, I need some more Amon Amarth.
01.07.2008 - 07:56
Abattoir

Uuu, a new title album...cool
04.07.2008 - 00:26
kaylamacgavin

Wow how exciting 4 shows 4 albums! More bands should get this idea. Might have to do a bit of traveling to see this.
As for the new album title. Sounds great and I Can't wait for the release

HAILS
04.07.2008 - 00:30
DieH@rd

"Friends of the Suncross" live??!!! Now, for that is worth going into Bochum!

----
His is a name the world will never forget... He is Dargor!
-Rhapsody-

Hits total: 5739 | This month: 13