Metal Storm logo
Mayhem: Blasphemer vs. Euronymous

Poll

which one is you favorite Mayhem guitarist?

Euronymous
Blasphemer

Total votes: 53
01.07.2008 - 15:49
Hamird
Lieutenant
Mayhem's fan are waiting to new guitarist will be announced! so good have a discussion about previous guitarists of the band, and see you like the new guitarist will be more like Euronymous or Blasphemer?

I think in playing guitar Blasphemer is more talented, and he makes some fantastic noises with his guitar! and also his ability to compose songs are becoming better album by album, I mean in Chimera and Ordo ad Chao his song-writing was improved so much, and in my opinion Chimera and Ordo ad Chao, both are passable and good albums.
Although Euronymous is almost the most influential man in Black metal history, he is not as well as Blasphemer in playing guitar. so, according to my opinion I would vote for Blasphemer!!

Before you vote for each one, make sure that you just are thinking about their ability in playing guitar, and composing songs. and not their influences on black metal!
01.07.2008 - 21:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
wony woe becauase I like boath, and I never had pay attention to those guitarists only music
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.07.2008 - 23:26
Varegan
Hamranakara
I love blasphemer's style of playing,he is surly more technical than Euronymous, and I'm also a Burzum fan so my vote go straight for blasphemer.
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
02.07.2008 - 01:29
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Bad English on 01.07.2008 at 21:51

wony woe becauase I like boath, and I never had pay attention to those guitarists only music

and Mayhem's music doesn't involve guitars. at all.

i choose Blasphemer, he's more consistent.
sure, he had more time to develop a sound, and it took him a lot of time to actually write his masterpiece, but what he put on the table is certainly better than euro's work. euro might have been more influential than Blasphemer, but in terms of music involving Mayhem, imo he's on second place.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
02.07.2008 - 12:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Damnated on 02.07.2008 at 01:29

Written by Bad English on 01.07.2008 at 21:51

and Mayhem's music doesn't involve guitars. at all.

i choose Blasphemer, he's more consistent.
sure, he had more time to develop a sound, and it took him a lot of time to actually write his masterpiece, but what he put on the table is certainly better than euro's work. euro might have been more influential than Blasphemer, but in terms of music involving Mayhem, imo he's on second place.

For me I can not tell what is better and what is noty, I simply can not do and gudge her
----

apos;'
[image]
02.07.2008 - 12:39
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Bad English on 02.07.2008 at 12:12

For me I can not tell what is better and what is noty, I simply can not do and gudge her

Well, K7 I don't understand what you have said! Can you recover this statement when you are sober ?
02.07.2008 - 12:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Hamird on 02.07.2008 at 12:39

Written by Bad English on 02.07.2008 at 12:12

Well, K7 I don't understand what you have said! Can you recover this statement when you are sober ?

Im subber and I can tell what is better guitaris, because I cant
----

apos;'
[image]
02.07.2008 - 14:34
Damnated
Churchburner
then why did you post here?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
21.12.2008 - 14:11
Byte666
Account deleted
Of course Blasphemer is better guitar player than Euronymous but if Varg didnt kill him he can improve. Also Blasphemer creates good music but old Mayhem's better for me.
28.12.2008 - 19:46
TheBigRossowski

God damn, I would have 20,000+ posts if I made posts like Mr. Bad English. I is choose Mahems Euronmyous becase I fokuses on the msuic of the scene, nots guiterists.

Euronymous is a joke, his guitar playing was good, but not noteworthy of so much posthumous attention. After watching Pure Fucking Mayhem I think to myself, perhaps Varg did the right thing.

So Blasphemer had some more time on the earth? I think Euronymous still wouldn't have been half the guitar player as him.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
12.03.2009 - 04:45
Dead Ohlin
Mo.Panahi
Both of them are great guitarists but my vote goes to Euronymous
without no dout Euronymous is a legend I don't know where black metal would be today if it wasn't for him.
----
A man's dead body must always
have been a source of interest to
those whose companion he was while he lived ...
12.03.2009 - 16:18
FarBeyondDriven
Account deleted
Personaly I like Euronymous more,he may not be the best guitarist ever...but he had a cool personality...he had the evil attitude no one can match,when i think black metal hes probably the first person that comes into my mind.

I still dislike him for trying to kill Varg
12.03.2009 - 22:58
Hamird
Lieutenant
Thank God, I barely mentioned my reason to open this poll had nothing to do with the influences on Black Metal. Because that's obvious Euronymous have had more influences on Black Metal rather than Blasphemer.. I just wanted them to be judged by you in case of "ability of creating songs" and "ability of playing guitar"...

Written by Guest on 12.03.2009 at 16:18

I still dislike him for trying to kill Varg

I never heard about Euronymous trying to kill Varg.. Even if he wanted, he sucked on that, because Varg did sooner than him..
26.04.2009 - 17:49
behemoth_poland
Account deleted
Written by Hamird on 12.03.2009 at 22:58

I never heard about Euronymous trying to kill Varg.. Even if he wanted, he sucked on that, because Varg did sooner than him..

I've heard about Euronymous trying to kill Varg. He wanted tie Varg to a tree and torture him to death and videotaping it. And when Varg came to his flat, Euronymous attacked first...
27.04.2009 - 23:07
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Vargy blogged about it, so that must be how it happened...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
26.10.2010 - 10:19
MetalFist
Account deleted
Euronymous was there from teh beginning and a co founder. Enough for me to choose him. AND he was better. IMO.
22.08.2011 - 07:32
Jiri

Eurotrash gets my vote. I hardly listen to Blasphemer-era Mayhem anyway.
27.09.2011 - 20:47
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Jiri on 22.08.2011 at 07:32

+1 i agree
i dont like the post Euro Mayhem...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
28.09.2011 - 14:28
zero

I know, many of black metal fans prefer old things... But Ordo ad Chaos is one of the best black metal album. That's what i call BLACK.

So Blasphemer!

Be sure i like Euronymus period too
03.10.2011 - 18:41
soadbyob
Account deleted
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 27.09.2011 at 20:47

Written by Jiri on 22.08.2011 at 07:32

+1 i agree
i dont like the post Euro Mayhem...

+2
I say I like Mayhem, but I don't listen to anything past Dawn of the Blackhearts
09.04.2012 - 16:51
Infernal Eternal

Euronymous is better as he was very important for the Norwegian Black Metal Scene. Actually, he wanted to sign Rotting Christ (he had a record company called Deathlike Productions), but he was murdered before the agreement.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
09.04.2012 - 16:53
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Infernal Eternal on 09.04.2012 at 16:51
...he was murdered before the agreement.

You mean he was self-defended 23 times to death.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.04.2012 - 16:57
Infernal Eternal

Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.04.2012 at 16:53

Written by Infernal Eternal on 09.04.2012 at 16:51
...he was murdered before the agreement.

You mean he was self-defended 23 times to death.

Of course, this is the truth.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
09.04.2012 - 18:32
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Euronymous ofcourse. He was a great guy and his bm competencies, attitude, personality and everything of him was absolute great.