Metal Storm logo
RHPS, Hedwig and other campy rock movies

02.07.2008 - 21:08
Dagorwen

Perhaps I should have posted it in the glamrock topic, nevertheless, I'm quite surprised I didn't found any thread about the Rocky Horror Picture Show (I may not have searched enough, forgive me if it's the case). It's an absolute cult movie adaptated from a musical created around 1975. It's a must of the camp style and I don't know why but many gothic are fan of it. It's an absolutely crazy remake of Frankenstein, mixed with Dracula and Sci Fi movies, a tribute to american midnight movies, and above all, you got hips of fishnet tights, high wheels, a drag queen hero, an orgie etc...

In the same genre "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" is very good to, punker, harder.

It's SO voluntary bad tasted and very funny!
03.07.2008 - 13:29
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Dagorwen on 02.07.2008 at 21:08

Perhaps I should have posted it in the glamrock topic, nevertheless, I'm quite surprised I didn't found any thread about the Rocky Horror Picture Show (I may not have searched enough, forgive me if it's the case). It's an absolute cult movie adaptated from a musical created around 1975. It's a must of the camp style and I don't know why but many gothic are fan of it. It's an absolutely crazy remake of Frankenstein, mixed with Dracula and Sci Fi movies, a tribute to american midnight movies, and above all, you got hips of fishnet tights, high wheels, a drag queen hero, an orgie etc...

In the same genre "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" is very good to, punker, harder.

It's SO voluntary bad tasted and very funny!

damn.. and i thought 'campy rock movies' means something like Rock Star or This Is Spinal Tap
03.07.2008 - 23:05
Dagorwen

oh, I don't know those two. Are they good?
04.07.2008 - 00:27
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Dagorwen on 03.07.2008 at 23:05

oh, I don't know those two. Are they good?

well, they're certainly not like the ones you've mentioned. this is spinal tap is more like a satiric documentary on the a cheese metal band of the 80s, and Rock Star is inspired by Halford leaving Judas Priest and Tim Owens getting recruited by them. Spinal Tap i didn't find really that funny, and Rock Star had it's moments but overall was too cheesy and forced for my taste(some actors couldn't play guitar and other shit)
03.01.2012 - 16:10
samchn07

Yes, those are great ones ! i would love to suggest others to watch these!