Metal Storm logo
GWAR

04.07.2008 - 22:19
theflyingmachine

An excellent band that has put out, at least, 5 classic albums. They are incredibly consistent, despite a slight misstep that was War Party. Scumdogs of the Universe is truly legendary and should be a part of every metal fans collection. This Toilet Earth is my second favorite GWAR album and should also be a part of everyone's collection. America Must Be Destroyed is strong, although some seem to appreciate that album quite a bit more than I do. Ragnarok and Carnival of Chaos do not seem to get the respect of some of their other albums, but I really enjoy both. And, although I expected little from Violence Has Arrived, it turned out to be one of their best. We Kill Everything was a disappointment for me, and all that I can remember about Hell-O is not really liking it. I've been meaning to check out Beyond Hell but have been a little slow to get around to it, mainly because I didn't think highly of War Party,

Any other fans?
04.07.2008 - 23:28
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Beyond Hell is easily their best album, but This Toilet Earth has my favorite GWAR song, Saddam A Go-Go. They're obviously best live though. I saw them when they released Beyond Hell and they put on one of the best shows I've seen. They decapitated George Bush, among many other people, and fake blood and pus got squirted on everyone.
08.07.2008 - 20:14
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
GWAR is awesome...I saw them a few times...they threw raw meat into the audience...thankfully I wasn't in the first five rows...I just listened to a GWAR song yesterday while randomly playing music...Sick Of You I think it was...another song I love is Saddam-A-Go-Go I think it's called...
09.07.2008 - 16:37
theflyingmachine

Written by Guest on 08.07.2008 at 20:14

GWAR is awesome...I saw them a few times...they threw raw meat into the audience...thankfully I wasn't in the first five rows...I just listened to a GWAR song yesterday while randomly playing music...Sick Of You I think it was...another song I love is Saddam-A-Go-Go I think it's called...

What albums do you have by them? If you like Saddam A gogo and don't own This Toilet Earth, you might want to buy it...many of the songs are strong and in that style.
09.07.2008 - 17:39
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
War party is easily their best album musically; however, America Must Be Destroyed is more varied and funnier.
Therefore, I'd vote for America Must Be Destroyed as their best album, followed by War Party and Scumdogs Of The Universe.
Beyond Hell is a good record but flawed by the awkward attempt at making a concept album.

There are a lot of hilarious GWAR interviews on youtube, as well as one extremely funny interview with Dave Brockie without the costume. He steals a TV and tries to sell it to the interviewer, then he tries to find crack etc. lol.
10.07.2008 - 03:43
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I don't own any GWAR albums...seeing as I don't buy albums and I download I'll download their entire discography
11.07.2008 - 23:33
Remus

I've only heard a couple of songs from them but they sound like fun. I'll try to get some of their albums. The Alice Cooper cover they did "School's Out" was really good i thought.

Also their videos are quite entertaining. Fucking an Animal and Meat Sandwich come to mind!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
16.07.2009 - 09:19
Umideath

They are so fucking crazy band
----
My Top 90 Metal Albums Of 2023 - Part 2 >> https://youtu.be/6Yi7zV9Xo58 - Part 1
https://youtu.be/8F0E_CAfmMM
16.07.2009 - 20:40
Lambofgodguy
Account deleted
The first song I heard by them was FishFuck, and I pretty well have almost all their albums. I fucking love it!
26.10.2009 - 14:35
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
How's the new album?
26.10.2009 - 19:42
Galar
Wicked Mung
Should I go see em? they are coming on the 27th here
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
26.10.2009 - 21:27
theflyingmachine

Written by Dangerboner on 26.10.2009 at 14:35

How's the new album?

I've heard the album is kind of...meh. Apparently, it sounds a little like their last album which I think you liked, though. I was waiting for the reviews to go buy it, but I will probably wait until I have the urge to spontaneously go buy about 5 CDs
27.10.2009 - 08:34
Hellkommando

I haven't listened to much GWAR but I reckon they are kinda cool, what album of theirs do you guys recommend?
----

Formerly Desolate Gale
27.10.2009 - 16:15
theflyingmachine

As I said in the first post, Scumdogs of the Universe, This Toilet Earth, and Violence Has Arrived are their best, while Ragnarok, Carnival of Chaos, and America Must Be Destroyed are also very good.
24.03.2014 - 10:03
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
GWAR Frontman DAVE BROCKIE A.K.A. ODERUS URUNGUS Reportedly Dead At 50.

details.
24.03.2014 - 14:01
theflyingmachine

That sucks. They managed to make some great albums long after most bands would have either quit or resorted to just putting out crap and playing their 20-year old songs at shows. Battle Maximus and Bloody Pit of Horror are both great albums.
24.03.2014 - 14:15
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Shame somone died, but that doesn't take away that GWAR were an extremely average band musically at their best. Live they were Always fun though, just a shame about the average to piss poor music.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.03.2014 - 18:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
RIP, but I never liked this band, IMO overated boring, hat monster maskeffect what makes this band something
I onmly know because beavis n butthead once make a fun about this band,
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.04.2014 - 06:44
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
I've only seen them live once, but it was so gnarly. Such a kickass show. I like their music as well. RIP Brockie.