Metal Storm logo
1986 Thrash Metal Battle

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 05.07.2008 - 23:32
well, just a poll i got the idea from reading UltraBoris's reviews on M-A. he gave master of puppets a 0%, and ranted in the other reviews how kickass and brutal all these albums are.

well for me it's Reign In Blood followed by a tie between Darkness Descends and Master of Puppets. the former is great, probably the most brutal album i'm keen on, but too mindless at times. the bass intro for "Merciless Death" kicks ass! the latter is great, metallica at their very best, but too complex, technical and too much of

Hetfield: "Let's do this bit in 29/16 time signature!"
*Lars nods head*
Cliff, Kirk: "Why not 4/4?"
Hetfield: ...

i choose RiB because it's got a good mix of melody and aggression, especially Angel of Death and Post Mortem/Raining Blood(i had the version where the last 30 seconds of PM was the beginning to Raining so i can't imagine the 2 songs separated). speaking of which what would have been the most kickass live song ever would be a Post Mortem/Raining Blood/Black Magic... but i can only dream of that

and i like the fact that RiB doesn't demand that huge attention span and sheer time to go through the whole album like MoP and DD have.

as for Peace Sells, it didn't really catch that much of my attention, except for the title track and maybe the Conjuring but other than that nothing more.

Poll

which album is the best?

Metallica- Master of Puppets
Slayer- Reign in Blood
Megadeth- Peace Sells...But Who's Buying
Kreator- Pleasure to Kill
Dark Angel- Darkness Descends

Total votes: 95
13.05.2011 - 13:27
JD
Account deleted
1. Slayer- Reign in Blood
2. Metallica- Master of Puppets
3. Megadeth- Peace Sells...But Who's Buying
13.05.2011 - 20:09
blacktooth85

I voted "Peace Sells"...... I love Mustiane and Poland as a duo. That album takes all these unexpected turns. You can hear Chris and Gar's jazz influences too.
"Reign in Blood" is killer, not my favorite Slayer album though. Musically "Peace Sells" is better than RIB
13.05.2011 - 20:58
Yasmine

Kreator from the list, but someone was trying to keep this in the realm of the big names. I would actually go for the Watchtower album or Agent Steel's Unstoppable Force (I'm aware it was released later, but was recorded and and toured for in 86). Dark Angel's Darkness Descends is a close 2nd, etc.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u