Metal Storm logo
Ingrowing / Exhumed - Something Sickened This Way Comes / To Clone And To Enforce review

Reviewer:

2 users:
Band: Ingrowing / Exhumed
Album: Something Sickened This Way Comes / To Clone And To Enforce
Style: Death metal, Grindcore
Release date: January 2006

Exhumed
01. Something Sickened This Way Comes
02. Consumer Or Consumed
03. Life? [Napalm Death cover]

Ingrowing
04. Biomechanized
05. Dance Of Submission
06. Total Dismemberment Of A Female Corpse [Regurgitate cover]

What instantly amazed me about this split was its presentation; it's one of those micro CD's (3") with minimalist layout and quick information. I know my description doesn't sound appealing, but once you see this micro CD you'll actually feel like you have a huge underground rarity in your hands. Anyway, that's not the point; I'll talk about the music instead.

Well we have Exhumed, we all know this band always delivers high-quality music, at all times adding that Carcass influence in their mix and those amazing leads that grew strong in their 2003 release called "Anatomy Is Destiny". This segment of the split is quite intense and really entertaining; the solos surely add a plus to the whole thing indeed. So Exhumed didn't steal the spotlight but they almost did as they deliver extreme violence in "Something Sickened This Way Comes"

Then we have Ingrowing, an underground band playing Brutal Deathgrind. Their side of the split is way more entertaining as they surely focused on doing brutal yet super-catchy music instead of prodigious and complex sounds. The instrumentation is simple as well as their structures, a couple of minutes of groove mixed with grotesque music and awesome drum patterns. "To Clone And To Enforce" was made just for the sake of brutality and I truly love that kind of attitude.

I wish someone would have turned this Split MCD into a Split Full-Length as both bands have a lot of potential and stamina to successfully present more than just 13 minutes of music; that's the only turn-off I found. So I think all the Grindcore followers out there should look for this split as it is truly entertaining and worthwhile, starting with its rarity actually.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 7
Production: 9

Written by Herzebeth | 23.06.2006

Comments

Comments: 8   Visited by: 13 users
24.06.2006 - 03:50
Mariusz
Account deleted
This stuff is brutal and this is not exactly of what I'm searching in the music. I don't hear the melody and soul in this songs. If my speakers could move, then probably they have left me because of torturing them by this sounds. Definitely this is not my kind of hearing, I think it is grind or something like that, and my definition of music isn't include it as a metal, just because of lack of melody.
24.06.2006 - 14:50
Basso
Account deleted
@Mariusz

Dood you really need to rethink your "melody = metal" view. So basicly you are telling that Death Metal , Black Metal and any form och Grindcore aint metal because of the lack of melody? Now my friend, tell me why the hell Death METAL and BLACK METAL are named METAL even though they dont have melody ? It is ofcourse because they ARE METAL(I am ofcourse speaking of Death and Black in pure kind), Now I actually aint the worlds biggest grindcore fan but I sure as hell knows that Grindcore is metal.

I saw at your profile that you like Death and Immortal.. Dood both thoose bands have made great songs without any "real" melody. So I actually dont understand how you cannot rate grindcore as metal.
24.06.2006 - 16:08
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Sounds good. Me likes Exhumed.

And come on dude, don't judge something you don't know. Grindcore IS metal.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
27.06.2006 - 02:20
Mariusz
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 24.06.2006 at 14:50

@Mariusz

Dood you really need to rethink your "melody = metal" view. So basicly you are telling that Death Metal , Black Metal and any form och Grindcore aint metal because of the lack of melody? Now my friend, tell me why the hell Death METAL and BLACK METAL are named METAL even though they dont have melody ? It is ofcourse because they ARE METAL(I am ofcourse speaking of Death and Black in pure kind), Now I actually aint the worlds biggest grindcore fan but I sure as hell knows that Grindcore is metal.

I saw at your profile that you like Death and Immortal.. Dood both thoose bands have made great songs without any "real" melody. So I actually dont understand how you cannot rate grindcore as metal.

The melody is a part of music and if you speak about metal music then I don't hear gridcore there. Black metal and death metal are called metal but gridncore's not. Are you telling grindcore metal or hardcore metal or something else core metal?? I haven't heard something like this. And in a death, black bands I hear very large number of melody, maybe not in vocal but almost everywhere in the guitar riffs or leads. But grindcore is not for making music, grindcore is for shocking people by the brutality, this is their right and I don't need listen their stuff, so it is my opinion here, you have yours and that's right too, not for me but for you
27.06.2006 - 19:51
Basso
Account deleted
Dude... why cant you just understand that Grindcore is metal? Just listen to bands like "Circle of Dead Children" , "Nasum" , "Antigama" and tell me that is not metal. Even more so just listen to any goregrind act and say that aint metal? Listen for exampel to "Avysmal Torment" and "Torsofuck". Even though I dont like "Torsofuck" I can sure as hell tell you that that is metal. If you still dont think grindcore is metal, then I don't know what to say other than you are blindly denying the truth. Yes grindcore has its roots in punk, but that doesnt mean it aint metal NOW does it?

EDIT: Here's A link to a "Circle of Dead Children" song, now if that aint metal please tell me what genre it is? http://www.circleofdeadchildren.net/media/mp3s/NoTearsFallThroughHollowEyeSockets.mp3
30.06.2006 - 13:32
Mariusz
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 27.06.2006 at 19:51

Dude... why cant you just understand that Grindcore is metal? Just listen to bands like "Circle of Dead Children" , "Nasum" , "Antigama" and tell me that is not metal. Even more so just listen to any goregrind act and say that aint metal? Listen for exampel to "Avysmal Torment" and "Torsofuck". Even though I dont like "Torsofuck" I can sure as hell tell you that that is metal. If you still dont think grindcore is metal, then I don't know what to say other than you are blindly denying the truth. Yes grindcore has its roots in punk, but that doesnt mean it aint metal NOW does it?

EDIT: Here's A link to a "Circle of Dead Children" song, now if that aint metal please tell me what genre it is? http://www.circleofdeadchildren.net/media/mp3s/NoTearsFallThroughHollowEyeSockets.mp3

O.K. man. I think you're right. Grindcore as a part of metal.
30.06.2006 - 20:33
Basso
Account deleted
Cheers!
05.07.2006 - 01:46
Mariusz
Account deleted
Cheers Basso !!

Hits total: 3470 | This month: 6