Metal Storm logo
Driving Songs

16.07.2008 - 17:47
Valentin B
Iconoclast
yes, another ".... songs" thread

i don't have a car or a driver's license, but what type of music do you regularly put on when you're driving? if i had a car, i'd put these songs on a cd somewhere handy to play them whenever i go driving for more than half an hour:

Metallica- Jump in the Fire(that riff is perfect for cruising speed)
Judas Priest- Hot Rockin'(good just before you did your share of working out and want to go somewhere where you can scream and shout lol)
Judas Priest- Devil's Child, Eat Me Alive, Freewheel Burning, Nostradamus(fast tempo, great to sing-along, especially EAT)
Iron Maiden- The Clansman(also a great rythm, great to sing along)
3 Inches of Blood- Destroy The Orcs, Goatriders Horde
Slayer- Dissident Agressor(groovy, more in-your-face than the original)
Rainbow- Kill the King(such a fast and pumping rhythm)
Rammstein- Feuer Frei
Sodom- Ausgebombt(such a fun and fast track)
Manowar- Warriors of the World United, Battle Hymn, Hail and Kill(assuming you're at a stop light during the first verse lol)
Black Sabbath- Children of the Grave, Heaven and Hell(the fast bit is perfect for driving on an open highway)
Bon Jovi- You Give Love a Bad Name, Living on a Prayer, It's My Life(all have such great riffs and sing-along value)
AC/DC- Highway to Hell, Thunderstruck(no need to explain lol)

and of course, the BEST DRIVING SONG EVER...

KISS- Detroit Rock City
16.07.2008 - 22:17
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I currently have Deicide, Rotting Christ, Type O Negative, Fu Manchu, Deep Purple and Sun Caged CDs in my car...I also have the Dazed and Confused soundtrack in my car...the best driving music I figure out of all those is Fu Manchu and Deep Purple...you can't go wrong with songs like Highway Star and Speed King
16.07.2008 - 23:14
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 16.07.2008 at 22:17

I currently have Deicide, Rotting Christ, Type O Negative, Fu Manchu, Deep Purple and Sun Caged CDs in my car...I also have the Dazed and Confused soundtrack in my car...the best driving music I figure out of all those is Fu Manchu and Deep Purple...you can't go wrong with songs like Highway Star and Speed King

yeah highway star rocks, though the sound is imo a bit weak, i'd prefer if they re-recorded it or something with a more clear and heavy sound.
16.07.2008 - 23:20
Fhuesc
None, when i drive if there's metal playing, i tend to driver faster and careless, so for my safety and all around me, i don't listen metal.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
16.07.2008 - 23:33
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
play "Ripped" by Marty Friedman. it seriously sounds like its driving to the tune of video game music, done on guitar and not keyboard or whatever.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
16.07.2008 - 23:38
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Anything by Black Label Society. Everytime I put on 'Funeral Bell' it makes me wish I wasn't too lazy to get my license.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
16.07.2008 - 23:39
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
while driving, i mostly listen to bands that i don't get drowned in thier lyrics_ such as black/death metal !!!!
so i can name Metallica, Dream Theather, Darkseed, Helloween, Blind Guardian, Rammstein, Slipknot, Disturbed, Dragon Force, Windir, KMFDM, Pink Floyd, Slayer and etc.
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
17.07.2008 - 00:05
BKaz
Account deleted
Hah, it depends on the weather and time of day, and mood i'd say.. When it's sunny you need some Lost Horizon, Pagan's Mind, any viking metal, or even some Arsis or the Faceless would work.. or some nice old hatebreeder from Children of Bodom or something, heh. If its raining or at night you need some Porcupine Tree, Isis, Type O Negative, Mouth of the Architect, or Nahemah.

Otherwise though, I can listen to anything if its good shit and at the right time, heh.
17.07.2008 - 01:20
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Back when I had my Pathfinder with a sound system, I loved playing any type of metal that had a lot of bass and was recorded well. So, I loved playing newer albums by Behemoth, any Pantera album, Cryptopsy's Once Was Not (the bass explosion on Carrionshine sounds insane on a subwoofer), Primus, Slayer, Nevermore, Pig Destroyer (playing this band in my car is dangerous because I tend to play double bass with the foot pedals and speed excessively), Judas Priest, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, etc. I could rarely play anything super underground, and playing black metal in that car was out of the question. It's weird because some albums I love sounded like shit in my old car (sometimes the vocals would be silent), and some albums I didn't really care for sounded great because of the increased bass sound. I didn't blast it that loud, but anytime some gay wigger would stop at a light blasting rap music obnoxiously loud, I'd have to blast my shit too.

Nowadays in my regular Civic with stock speakers I can play anything. Lately, since it's been sunny outside, I've been playing mostly doom bands like Candlemass, Saint Vitus, and Goatsnake. It puts me in a better mood on my drive to work.
17.07.2008 - 04:33
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Fhuesc on 16.07.2008 at 23:20

None, when i drive if there's metal playing, i tend to driver faster and careless, so for my safety and all around me, i don't listen metal.

This thread could have been posted somewhere else as if you listen to metal and are careless while driving, you could listen to something else...
17.07.2008 - 16:35
FOOCK Nam
I agree with Fhuesc. I experienced many times listening to metal while driving. I did with Carnal Forge while driving and I drove very fast while screaming in the street or road. Very dangerous IMO but when music is on the ear, we could be careless. IMO all music turned on when driving is a perfect appreciation and for all kind of music. I would prefer car driving with music because its safer than by motocycle with which I experienced.
17.07.2008 - 17:23
Conservationist
Written by Valentin B on 16.07.2008 at 17:47

what type of music do you regularly put on when you're driving?

Ildjarn, and only Ildjarn
19.07.2008 - 00:17
Anton Alcolust
generally when i'm driving , i put old school thrash metal (old sepultura , exodus , onslaught , toxic holocaust , sodom , etc) , heavy metal (metalucifer , hellhound) , etc , or simply ROCK N ROLL (MOTORHEAD MOTORHEAD MOTORHEAD). only violent and/or speed music . but i don't drive fast
----
A.M.S.G.
20.07.2008 - 08:09
sq_xeper
I dont really have a driving song, I would say I listen to the regular and usual music I listen to everyday but sometimes I like to listen to the radio, but just one radio channel, the only one that its 100% rock so they put songs from bands of the early days of rock and some heavy metal bands, its a really good radio
----
The only way to learn is be aware and hold on tight...
04.10.2008 - 18:59
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i got a new one, though technically it's not metal: ZZ Top- La Grange.. it's one of the best driving songs in history. i mean if you listen to that riff and you don't picture yourself cruising on the freeway or something your brain is wired wrong.
07.10.2008 - 03:43
Gigginova
Account deleted
i listen to harder/faster music like Behemoth, Hate Eternal, Arch Enemy or Meshuggah
Strangely enough, while I got in my car accident, it was Opeth's "Damnation" album that was playing lol.
10.10.2008 - 06:04
DevilBabi
My fav. driving music...
well the list can be extensive cause i've got such a braod taste in music some of these wont fly with you guys

PANTERA
Metallica
AC/DC
Rob Zombie ( perfect driving music )
Black Label Society
Fear Factory
Stone Sour
Evanescence
Foo Fighters
Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

I guess it just depends on the day and the weather and my mood
10.10.2008 - 21:35
Knightrider
The Sorcerer
I always like listening to The Doors while I'm driving. But if I listen metal it is mostly Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray and Therion.
11.10.2008 - 00:10
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by Conservationist on 17.07.2008 at 17:23

Written by Valentin B on 16.07.2008 at 17:47

what type of music do you regularly put on when you're driving?

Ildjarn, and only Ildjarn

Ildjarn is dead
11.10.2008 - 01:10
Gigginova
Account deleted
Written by DevilBabi on 10.10.2008 at 06:04

oh yeahh! that's right, duhh lol. Cuz he's always driving a car in like 90% of his music videos.
11.10.2008 - 17:57
accursed
Account deleted
mercyful fate, king diamond, slayer, old and new metallica, iron maiden are problubly the ultimate metal bands to drive to.
11.10.2008 - 19:00
Hamird
Lieutenant
Just like party songs I play Walk by Pantera.. Some heavy metal songs like Ozzy Osbourne and Motorhead stuff... Lemmy's music is a good for picking up chicks Also Rob Zombie can be a good choice for driving.. And for driving with higher speed in highways Fear Factory and Static-X are good choices..
11.10.2008 - 22:30
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Guest on 11.10.2008 at 01:10

Written by DevilBabi on 10.10.2008 at 06:04

oh yeahh! that's right, duhh lol. Cuz he's always driving a car in like 90% of his music videos.

DRAGULA FTW! yeah rob zombie makes good driving music, though anything from educated horses is not fit for human enjoyment.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
12.10.2008 - 00:17
Gigginova
Account deleted
@LeChron James: lolol, that's the best criticisement I ever hear
13.10.2008 - 11:35
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
i just found out some words in Metallica's My Apocalypse and Fuel are enough to drive me insane: LOLzzzzz

"What makes me drift
A little bit closer
Dead man takes the steering wheel"
"Turn on, I see red
Adrenaline crash and crack my head
Nitro Junkie paint me dead
And I see red
Yeah lives way to fast,fast,fast,fast,fast woh "

and also "Stone Cold Crazy" is fantastic, imagine plaing it when being chased by cops.

plus Annihilator's Ultra Motion:

"Pure speed in thermal overdrive
High-octane Adrenaline rush
Nothing's gonna get in my way
It is the energy that I crave
I am the power and the might
Hell racer
I gotta go, I got the speed "

haha, i know...i know...i'm SpeedSexual.
----
15.12.2008 - 10:53
combaticus12
Account deleted
Well shit, as far as metal goes, I get down to Mastodon when I drive (as well as when I play WoW)

But seriously, my favorite driving song HAS to be She Sell Sanctuary by The Cult. Just listen to it, that is such a rad song to cruise to, especially on road trips.
20.12.2008 - 11:23
Ascendant187
In the last few months when driving, or being in the car with my girl, we've just thrown my iPod on and hit shuffle. We've listened to a range of stuff including: Into Eternity, Symphony X, Nile, Opeth, Gojira, Deicide, Akercocke, Bloodbath, Scorpions, Corrosion of Conformity, Pantera, Devin Townsend, Strapping Young Lad.

It really depends on the mood and such though but there's pretty much something for everything, which is the great thing about metal.
20.12.2008 - 11:35
hexenigma
I find it pretty much impossible to drive without metal blaring, especially as it tends to help channel my road rage (alternatively it probably contributes to my need to drive fast and dodge as many cars as possible but people that sit on the speed limit absolutely shit me). Anyways, the ultimate audio assault for me while driving is Meshuggah, especially the album Catch-33, the whole thing from start to finish makes me want to enthusiastically run over pedestrians and take out a few landmarks. Good thing I love my car.
20.12.2008 - 14:04
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
I make mp3 cds from my library, a few songs i feel lke listening to and fill the rest of the cd with good albums and maybe one album i havent listened to very much.
I listen to most of my music when driving for the last year, been pretty busy.
07.02.2010 - 18:29
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Newest list: Anything Industrial...And almost all Aborym songs.
----