Metal Storm logo
Metallica - Entire New Album Available For Guitar Hero

From the band's MySpace blog:

"Death Magnetic," the entire album will be available for Guitar Hero too!

It's a first in both music and gaming - the same day that "Death Magnetic" hits the streets, you'll be able to download every song from the album for "Guitar Hero III!" We are so psyched that we'll be the first out of the gate with this simultaneous release... who knows, maybe a few years from now this will be the norm when your favorite band's new record comes out.

And for those of you who are anxiously awaiting the next Guitar Hero, "World Tour," we're ready for that too - you will be able to experience "Death Magnetic" for drums, vocals, and guitar when that game emerges this Fall."

The album cover for Metallica's new album ''Death Magnetic'' has been revealed recently. Cover image, wallpapers, icons and more can be found here.

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 18.07.2008 by +{Jonas}+

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 51   Visited by: 307 users
19.07.2008 - 15:46
Enissa

You Guys are Right!
The cover Art Is AWEFUL!!!
It doesnt have any relate to The "Death Magnetic" thing!!!
19.07.2008 - 15:57
Sheol

I'm not a big Metallica fan, but I think their cover is really nice. Maybe it's just me?
19.07.2008 - 16:29
YoreLore

Kill Em All, Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets and ...And Justice For All are all great albums. This band has sucked for a long time. Even listen to their live performances on their gayspace...so bad.

New album will most likely be St Anger with guitar solos...even guitar solos couldnt make that album good. Guitar Hero is gay and anyone actually looking forward to downloading this album for Guitar Hero needs help
----
"I'm rising in power through murdering rain
Stronger than Faith allows
Braver than heroes vows
...My head is bloody
but I am unbowed
I am power..."
19.07.2008 - 17:00
Motte
Account deleted
Written by Harlequin on 19.07.2008 at 00:05

Is this music I hear?
Noooo, it's money going into their pockets!

The Sound of Money is music for their ears.
19.07.2008 - 19:53
Andreas666

Actually I think this is a cool thing from MetallicA and GH:cool: (I need it for the wii)S
20.07.2008 - 00:02
AMonitorDarkly

I just the cover art. It could be better but its not nearly as bad as St. Anger.
20.07.2008 - 05:43
Ahto

Seriously! that cover is a "hairy vagina" and metallicats are going worse and worse
20.07.2008 - 15:50
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
St. Anger had the worst cover art ever. This is, in comparison, an improvement. It does have a relation with the title, duh: it's a grave (death) with the magnetic field lines around it (magnetic)

I just don't understand why a band like Metallica doesn't have good art on their albums for so long, when, especially these days, there are so many great artists around, who do great stuff for less known bands.

Hairy Vagina That's the album's nickname from now on
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
20.07.2008 - 17:53
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
its none of urs business if some bands like money, if u like u can hear them i u dont like so shut up ur mouse and dont talk about them like 14 years girls, i dont know why ppl waste their time for somthin that they hate! their favorities rnt enough? i think its better to talk about what u like. so dont waste ur hate on metallica
20.07.2008 - 19:21
SMR2WKR
Account deleted
learn the real guitar and be the hero...learn the reald drums LARS and stop being a wacko!!!!METALLICAN'T!!!!!anymore!!!
20.07.2008 - 21:24
worm_is_gloaming

Written by Guest on 19.07.2008 at 04:28

Is it just my sick imagination.....or the cover art looks like a....um.... pussy?

Hey, maybe it was a therapy-aided moment of clarity for Metallica and with this cover art they've finally come to terms with what they musically (d)evolved into: pussies.

They should've used this cover and called their album "headbanging metal cunts" and jammed it full of old-skool thrash riffage. Now THAT I would buy!
21.07.2008 - 10:05
SETHULHU
yogi_lb@hotmail.com
oki get this logic i just figured out , i buy guitar hero and download the music for free .. WOOOHOOOOOOO .. this way i dont buy their album AND have a new game to play

smart seth, smart seth
----
This site is great. FOR ME TO POOP ON.

reBubblefuckered !!!BAAAALEEETEEED!!!
21.07.2008 - 12:09
Born-2rise
Nayyiker
I marvel at the cover art, its shit coool.!.
I hope for the best, and i have great expectations for this one:)
----
Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will.
21.07.2008 - 12:12
Born-2rise
Nayyiker
although it does look like pussy, but im gonna excuse that;)
----
Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will.
21.07.2008 - 19:16
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I thought that Metallica was against downloading...I guess that's against the actual recordings of their songs on the album eh...

Well, I hope their therapy worked and they're able to put out killer thrash metal again...
23.07.2008 - 07:40
Savage Messiah
Metal Drummer

Is it just my sick imagination.....or the cover art looks like a....um.... pussy?

Ahahaha I see it too.

My problem with guitar hero is that there are heaps of people with these "guitars", spending hours and hours on this game.... when in the end this gives them no life skills at all and they'd be WAY better spending that time learning ACTUAL GUITAR????
23.07.2008 - 08:11
Flynny

Written by Savage Messiah on 23.07.2008 at 07:40

Ahahaha I see it too.

My problem with guitar hero is that there are heaps of people with these "guitars", spending hours and hours on this game.... when in the end this gives them no life skills at all and they'd be WAY better spending that time learning ACTUAL GUITAR????

I agree entirely. If kids spent half as much time playing an actual fucking guitar as they do their plastic piece of shit, there wouldn't be as much shitty generic music available.
23.07.2008 - 08:15
jener23

I'm gonna say my piece when I actually hear the entire album. As for GH shit, I don't give a damn! To each his own, if you can't play real guitar then play video guitar.
23.07.2008 - 20:02
Metal Freak

Written by WorpeX on 19.07.2008 at 00:13

Cover art is rather bland. : /

The album cover looks like an anus. Not a good sign.

Call me unmetal, but I'm actually psyched about the album. It won't be a Master of Puppets (duh) but the clips sound much better than St. Anger.

I've never played Guitar Hero, so the news couldn't mean less to me.
----
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things, but for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."
--Steven Weinberg
24.07.2008 - 02:28
In_tallica

music in general is becoming more and more sell out and metallica is no exception. and guitar hero is not helping...
02.08.2008 - 02:14
brapp32

I'm just curious, is there something wrong with making money. All I hear is sellout this and sellout that. I'm not a big metallica fan anymore but I would rather play their songs then most of the other crap on guitar hero. I find the game to be pretty fun. I just wish the music was better.

Hits total: 5663 | This month: 10