04. Remember The Tragedy
05. The Journey
06. Tears Of Pain
07. Infancia Eterna
08. Come To Me
09. Taking A Look
10. Tears Of Pain [demo] [Japanese bonus]
11. Remember The Tragedy [demo] [Japanese bonus]

"Legacy Of Blood" is the first album but also the first signature of the new French label Melodica Records. Coming from Spain, Cain's Dinasty is a young Power Metal band who seems to be passionate by Vampires tales and stories. "Legacy Of Blood" is not particularly original but if you like technical Power Metal a la Angra, I think that you'll like this release which is not so bad for a first try. Sure the band will have to add some new elements in their music in the future to become abit more original but right now it's already promising so who know, maybe that Cain's Dinasty will become a famous band one day?

Cain's Dinasty is a new band and its musicians are young guys and it's already encouraging when you know that it's only their first album. It's already promising without any doubt and I think that Cain's Dinasty will maybe become a famous Power metal band from the Spanish Metal scene. On the other hand, "Legacy Of Blood" is also really cliché and that's the main problem of this release. The songs are good Power Metal and the performance of the lead guitarist who is able to play crazy soli and crazy riffs is excellent but it's so cliché... the music is classic, the lyrics are cliché as hell it's well done but it clearly lacks of originality unfortunaletly. Sure some songs like "Infancia Eterna" has some good original parts with as an example Death/Black Metal vocals on the main chorus but that's not enough? Actually Cain's Dinasty doesn't suffer of its general quality and it's a good album of melodic Power Metal but the guys still have to gain maturity in their compositions, because the influences of their favourite bands remain too important. As you can understand "Legacy Of Blood" is a good album of Power Metal which is just a bit too classic but I think that the band has the potential to be more original in the future?

The production of the release is really good and the sound is perfect. The album is featured in a really nice digipack even if I don't really like the cover which is one more time too cliché for me (sorry but the "vampire = hot lesbians"? that's not for me and that's not classy?). Except this little problem, we're in front of good musicians, with a good singer and a great guitarist. Really all the musicians of Cain's Dinasty are good performers who only have to add some personal touches in their future compositions to become famous? That's not so har to do that when're you're not bad right?

Cain's Dinasty's first album is not a revolution and that's its main problem. Bu the release, in the genre, is solid and if you like melodic Power Metal I think that you'll like to listen to "Legacy Of Blood". We'll see after some years if the band is able to confirm these words but if they can find the key which will open the "box of the surprising songs" Cain's Legacy will have the right to hope a successful career outside of Spain. Keep the good work and just try to surprise us in the future and all should be good for you guys!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 5
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 19.07.2008

Comments

Comments: 12   Visited by: 114 users
20.07.2008 - 05:51
Witcher

Sexy cover normal music:P
20.07.2008 - 07:06
selken
Irreligious
Yes, the cover did work, It attracted my attention xD
----
20.07.2008 - 11:42
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by Witcher on 20.07.2008 at 05:51

you always lookin for such sexy stuff Im sure you have downloaded it now
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
20.07.2008 - 18:20
FOOCK Nam

"the vampires = hot lesbian", lol I understand why you think this stuff is cliche.
20.07.2008 - 18:53
VPeter

daring cover for a power metal band, to bad the music is saltless.
20.07.2008 - 19:10
Witcher

Written by Varegan on 20.07.2008 at 11:42

Don't be sure my dear...
20.07.2008 - 20:46
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by Witcher on 20.07.2008 at 19:10

Written by Varegan on 20.07.2008 at 11:42

Don't be sure my dear...

so I'm sure you WILL download it soon
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
16.08.2008 - 20:53
Monkey666

I think this is really good piece of power metal.
12.11.2009 - 00:11
MadGatsu

I actually think Legacy of Blood was an amazing song. The rest is so-so, but that particular song sounded like "the real deal" to me.

Also, this band is from Alicante, which was why i ran into it. Its a band from the hometown of my roommate when i was in Erasmus in Poland.
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
14.06.2010 - 19:56
Mr. Burns

Man, that album cover is great!
15.06.2010 - 22:52
DayFly

Lol, bewbs *drool*

Honestly, anybody who'd buy this album for the cover should report to some homo-erotic vampire forum and stop retarding this site.
15.06.2010 - 23:06
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I know you'll hate me for saying this, but I don't like the cover. When I saw it, my mind immediately went "EWW 3D PIG DISGUSTING".

Hits total: 8720 | This month: 3