06. La Force De L'âme
07. Tapping Into My Dark Tranquility
08. Moment Of Truth
09. Beautiful Language
10. In A Gentle Way
11. Dilemma
12. Feliz Desilusão
13. Choro De Criança

Do you know someone who doesn't know yet Mr Kiko Loureiro? If yes, please call him and ask him to read this review. Evidently, I'm sure that the majority of you already know the guitarist of the Brazilian band Angra, but maybe you don't know that Kiko, will release soon his first solo album "No Gravity". No vocals, no Power Metal here, this is not Angra but this is a true "Guitar Hero" album in the spirit of Joe Satriani or Steve Vai. If you like great musicians, if you want real guitar demonstration "No Gravity" is a must for you.

"No Gravity" is really surprising. If a lot of guitarists solo albums are a bit boring, this is not the case of this CD. I think that I know why, "No Gravity" is a synonym of variation. All the songs are catchy and different. Even if we don't have any vocals, and we all know that instrumental songs can be monotonous, "No Gravity" is a real pleasure because this albums is a mix, between Brazilian music like Bossa, Metal evidently but also Jazz and fusion. These kinds of songs are good to demonstrate the quality and the musical level of an artist. No doubt here, after two minutes of listening, you'll see that Kiko is a real killer, then yeah we already know him with Angra, but that's just another proof that we have here one of the best guitarist on Earth. If it's acoustic music, if it's powerful Heavy Metal, if it's Jazz, that's always the same, the Brazilian guitarist is perfect. The progressive songs like "Enfermo" are certainly the more impressive. This is not only guitar technical level that's maestria and I think that I don't have to talk about the amazing guitars solo of the guy, the best way for you could be to listen to this CD and you could see, that I'm not joking when I say "amazing".
Kiko, is not alone on this album. The drums are played by Mr Mike Terrana himself, and evidently that's really hard for me to say something wrong about this kind of guy. That's perfect, and that's exactly the same with the production of this album the artwork of the album, even if all that is really simple, looks good and that's same with the sound. That's certainly due to the great work of Dennis Ward [Pink Cream 69] which is becoming in my opinion one of the best producers these days.

The fist album of Kiko Loureiro is a must really. I'm not too much into this kind of project, but I can't say the opposite, this album gave me a real kick in the ass. If you're a fan of Angra or if you just love guitars and want to learn officially that you could never play the guitar like him, you know now that you just have to buy this album. "No Gravity", no? that's definitely not a good name, because this album is a real attraction to the guitar and the music of Kiko.

Written by Jeff | 01.02.2005

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 37 users
24.07.2008 - 21:38
Rating: 10
Tadashi23

outstanding album indeed! For those who dig guitar players must listen to this album and learn something. Good songs by a great guitar player. Angra fans must like this as well, although it's not a power metal album, we can sometimes listen to some Angra kind of music.
The main difference between other players: a little Brazilian music in the middle.
28.05.2009 - 12:10
Rating: 6
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Tadashi23 on 24.07.2008 at 21:38

outstanding album indeed! For those who dig guitar players must listen to this album and learn something. Good songs by a great guitar player. Angra fans must like this as well, although it's not a power metal album, we can sometimes listen to some Angra kind of music.
The main difference between other players: a little Brazilian music in the middle.

Absolutly. The major attractive in this album are the Brazilian musical influences, especially in ''Pau-de-Arara'' (reminds a lot of Caça e Caçador), ''Beautiful Language'', ''Tapping Into My Dark Tranquillity''
and ''In A Gentle Way''. And some in ''Endangered Species'' and ''La Force De L'âme''.

Beautiful album. Highly recommended.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/

Hits total: 4812 | This month: 12