‹‹ Back to the Extreme metal forum Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]
Users visited: 592  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by on 24.06.2006 at 23:58
Hey, I'm curious to know what makes you people listen to black metal? how did you started listening to it?
1st black metal song you listened? Is there any band that as finished that you wish them to come back?
What do you think about the future of black metal?

I love all in black metal, the ideas, the atmosphere, the vocals, drums etc... I started listening to black metal when a friend of mine gave me gorgoroth - pentagram to listen. I loved it and i went right over to a store here and bought the album, since then I have bought many Black metal albums from bands like immortal, nokturnal mortum, darkthrone, carpathian forest and many more. the 1st song i listened was "under the pagan megalith" (awsome track from pentagram).
I am really excited about the idea of immortal re-union, they are one of my favorite bands, I love all their albums (but specialy pure holocaust )
About the future, i think the good bands will always remain but new bands are needed and i don't see excelent new bands.
Here in Portugal we have bands like Lux Ferre, In Thy Flesh, Opus Draconis, Corpus Christii and more, in my opinion they are great but they don't have support to go on and this is happening all over the world.

Please post your opinions and stories

Cheers!

Page 22 of 22

Enteroctopus

07.04.2016 at 21:05
Written by Bad English on 09.03.2016 at 00:13

Written by Enteroctopus on 08.03.2016 at 19:55

And small children. Small children make me want to listen to black metal, too.

as dentist you fix them thoots . so think 3 times before you say this
and how small children can you make listen this genre?

Say what? That little annoying children cause me anxiety? They do. I listen to black metal to decrease my anxiety.

Your mom makes me listen to black metal because she's ugly.
Paw!!

06.07.2016 at 18:39
Written by Enteroctopus on 08.03.2016 at 19:55

Say what? That little annoying children cause me anxiety? They do. I listen to black metal to decrease my anxiety.

Your mom makes me listen to black metal because she's ugly.

Pls stop it.
no one

08.08.2016 at 01:08
I just listen to it because kvlt
----
nobody
Maco

08.08.2016 at 04:22
I don't know
----
I'm derp.
M C Vice
Ex-polydactyl

08.08.2016 at 04:28
Varg threatened to stab me if I don't.
----
Mum - 21/10/1955 - 19/6/2015. R.I.P.

"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
"Thinking quickly, Dave constructs a homemade megaphone using only some string, a squirrel and a megaphone."
Sharks 2016 Premier
Paw!!

09.08.2016 at 08:38
Written by no one on 08.08.2016 at 01:08

I just listen to it because kvlt

Especially dsbm.
Ayoub

10.08.2016 at 04:59
Damn brothers , u just dnt give a damn about what music mean to anyone , fighting for ur own idea and own taste is good but we are here under of something named METAL , DAMN !!! GIVE A LITTLE RESPECT FOR EVERYONE THAT GIVE HE'S TIME TO SOMETHING HE LOVE.
----
When it is dark enough , u can see the stars.
Ayoub

10.08.2016 at 04:59
Damn brothers , u just dnt give a damn about what music mean to anyone , fighting for ur own idea and own taste is good but we are here under of something named METAL , DAMN !!! GIVE A LITTLE RESPECT FOR EVERYONE THAT GIVE HE'S TIME TO SOMETHING HE LOVE.
----
When it is dark enough , u can see the stars.
Arcanewind
Dreadrealm

15.08.2016 at 15:09
I've been trying to come to this thread and write a post worthy of my favorite sub-genre for like a year now, but it is so difficult. Black metal, especially atmospheric black metal is something I love more than life itself, but I don't know if I can adequately explain why.

Black metal is raw, I like that. I like that often you have to look past poor production to grasp the ideas in the songwriting. I guess this actually helps get into the music better and once a person gets used to the rawness, it becomes almost addicting in a way. I think the fact that bm doesn't get polished much after recording also makes it a more accurate musical translation of the emotions and thoughts that inspired it. For me this helps connect with the music on a deeper, more personal level than with genres that require perfect production. To use a sexy as hell analogy: a supermodel with perfect make-up and perfect hair and perfect everything on the catwalk is never as hot as a woman with the exact same physique, who has just stepped out of the sauna, all wet and with messy hair. So yeah, black metal is sexy as well, apparently.

Black metal is also dark (obviously) and I like that too. The dark, sinister, often melancholic or just downright sad moods it evokes are like an excorcism. This is also why I myself try to create atmospheric bm, it helps cope with the inner darkness and rather than increase it, it actually relieves it and makes me a happier, healthier person.

Black metal can be produced by pretty much anyone from their own homes. This makes it a huge dumpster-genre for beginners such as myself of course, but it also makes it a genre filled with loads and loads of potential for something interesting. I don't mean to bash other people's favorite genres, but power metal for example in my view absolutely does not offer anything even remotely as interesting as bm bands do and couldn't if it tried.

Vocals. Whether epic screams and shrieks or pathetic whiny whispers like my vocals, bm vocals are always enjoyable in my ears. It's the same with death metal vocals, the fact that there is pretty much no actual melody in the vocals is both a disadvantage, but also an advantage I think. It forces the more creative and better black metal bands and songwriters to come up with interesting rhythms for the vocals, often bm vocals complement the music and the rhythm department much better than conventional clean vocals do. The "hear them cry, watch them fly" in Enslaved's "The Beacon" is a good example of this. Imagine the same words sang with any conventonal melody, it would be very boring compared to growls.

I guess the overall sounds and techniques of bm are also why I love it and in the end of course, that's just my taste. I love bm and I can't help it.
----
Dreadrealm's bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
Crimson Maiden

04.09.2016 at 21:21
I got into metal when I was in high school, I was 15 I believe....I love all subgenres of metal, but, black metal is one of my favorites....I started off with bands like Metallica and my favorite bands now are: COF, Draconian, MoonSpell, Paradise Lost and so on...Metal helps me to relax and I love that it is so dark...it also helps me calm down when I am pissed off about something....:banger2:
Crimson Maiden

05.09.2016 at 00:46
I suppose they don't, I was getting a little carried away I guess when I was listing my favorite bands...OOPS!!! 8-]]

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]

Login or register to post here.