Metal Storm logo
Rhûngil

27.07.2008 - 23:10
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
my ambient folk black metal one-man project...so far it suffering from the fact, i am making all music electronically (Guitar Pro 5.0 and then MIDI->MP3 conversion), but i enjoy listening the result, so i placed it on the web to share it with World...if just one listener will be pleased with it, then it wasn't vain

musically I was most inspired by Burzum (namely song Tomhet and Daudi Baldrs album) and of course my very most favorite Summoning...themes are nature, majestatic mountains, deep old forests, Tolkien-like fantasy (my own world called Emdaus)...so far it is only instrumental, i havent tempt vocals so far...

three songs (and i hope more will come) you can listen (and download if you would be interested) on my Myspace

http://www.myspace.com/rhungil (i know i will have to work on design - suggestions and hints are welcome )
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

03.09.2008 - 17:48
VPeter

Written by Ellrohir on 27.07.2008 at 23:10

my ambient folk black metal one-man project...so far it suffering from the fact, i am making all music electronically (Guitar Pro 5.0 and then MIDI->MP3 conversion), but i enjoy listening the result, so i placed it on the web to share it with World...if just one listener will be pleased with it, then it wasn't vain

musically I was most inspired by Burzum (namely song Tomhet and Daudi Baldrs album) and of course my very most favorite Summoning...themes are nature, majestatic mountains, deep old forests, Tolkien-like fantasy (my own world called Emdaus)...so far it is only instrumental, i havent tempt vocals so far...

three songs (and i hope more will come) you can listen (and download if you would be interested) on my Myspace

http://www.myspace.com/rhungil (i know i will have to work on design - suggestions and hints are welcome )

Hey dude, not that bad especially keeping in mind that you just used Midi samples.
keep in mind that creating an fantasy atmosphere you don't always needs guitars or drums or singing.
Mortiis has proven on his early albums that all you need is a keyboard and some narration to create an fantasy atmosphere.
Actually fast guitars and falsetto vocals often kill the atmosphere like so many power metal bands do. Still "And Silent Woods Remain" beginning is a bit to long you should change it.
03.09.2008 - 21:29
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
many people told me that, but i still think "And Silent Woods Remain" is my masterpiece so far and that is should be even longer

but now i am slowly working on new song called "Return Of The Sun" which so far appears as a real vortex of soaring string melodies celebrating solstice (or whatever you want to understand under "Return Of The Sun" ), so when it will be finished...but i have problems with putting these melodies together, so it will need some time to finish it into publishable version
----

29.01.2009 - 15:21
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I am about to declare, the Rhungil project ended and will be there no more stuff nor any web promotion...there were several reasons leading me into that decision which is final and irreversible

for those who like midi burzum-like ambient music, you can download Rhungil's only "officially" presented demo "And Silent Woods Remain" HERE, containing 5 tracks and 25:03 mins of soft ambient
----