Metal Storm logo
Dissection

Original post

Posted by Mega-Slayer, 25.06.2006 - 07:22
I was suprised to find there wasn't a thread about them already.Anyway I bought "Storm Of The Light's Bane/Where Dead Angels Lie",finally and "Somberlain" is next on my list."Where Dead Angels Lie" and "Night's Blood" are the highlight tracks for me.I wasn't sure if they were considered blackened death or melodic death.Its hard to describe the mood of this album,its dark and dreary,yet somewhat fantasy.If you haven't heard it go an buy it,if you like death or black you will enjoy it.
23.03.2016 - 19:33
LordΔgni

My favourite Dissection album Storm of the Light's Bane is an authentic masterpiece
11.10.2017 - 03:49
hellonstage

Here are a few Dissections concerts from my youtube channel. Hope you enjoy. They are from the classic era, not the reinkaos shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo9JQehr2PI&list=PL1NAUAlIxgOxAoyPjC1RX3OdzWg4beKsb
11.10.2017 - 04:04
TeachNThrash

I actually like Reinkaos is actually my favorite Dissection album, and I typically don't like melodic music.
23.04.2022 - 22:49
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Here is a great interview of Dan Swanö talking about producing The Somberlain and Storm of the Light's Bane:

I find it really interesting that Dan associates really great memories with the debut, while their sophomore release was very difficult for him. He was fighting with the band members over which direction to take the music (the band wanted to be more "evil" like the Norwegian black metal scene, while Dan liked the unique sound of The Somberlain). After remixing and recording lots of stuff while suffering from a serious fever and time pressure, Dan was able to produce the second album. Not a great experience for him - but in the end it created a gem of metal!