09. Time Has Come
10. At War With Science
11. Out Of The Sky
12. Khomaniac
13. Terror Squad

Bonus:
+ Allergic To Knowledge (video clip)
+ Terror Squad (video clip)
+ The Almighty (bootlegged at "The Rock", Copenhagen, 2008)
+ Missing Link - Lobotomized (video clip)
+ plus interview with Michael Stützer, interview with Morten Stützer and Carsten Nielsen and more.

Disc II [CD - limited edition DVD+ CD only]
01. Deeds Of Darkness
02. Into The Universe
03. The Almighty
04. Cybermind
05. The Challenge
06. By Inheritance
07. The Eternal War
08. Beneath The Clay (R.I.P.)
09. Time Has Come
10. At War With Science
11. Out Of The Sky
12. Khomaniac
13. Terror Squad

Thrash's not dead and if you're not aware of this fact, just have a look at this year's Metal Mania (Poland) line up and you'll understand why I'm proud to say that. Artillery the legendary Danish Thrash act was there this year and Metal Mind had the good idea to record this show. Sure it was at a festival, which means that the show is not so long and that the stage was a bit poor but it's good to see them live and if you want to see that they still know how to play good Thrash, I think that "One Foot In The Grave, The Other One In The Trash" will be perfect for you.

Artillery is not really famous and that's a big mistake in Metal history. Actually this band was probably one of the only few European combos who have ever played real Bay Area Thrash (something that you cannot find in Germany as an example). It's good to see this year the release of this DVD which was recorded during the last metal Mania festival in Poland. If you don't know Artillery, you'll be able to listen to songs of their little discography and see that even after a big break, the band is still able to play a great show and that these songs don't sound old! It's great technical Thrash with a good singer and I'm sure that all the people who like Thrash in general will be happy with this DVD, even if it's a really simple product.

One more time with this Metal Mind DVD, the pack is a bit poor. Except the special version where you can find a CD of the live recording, the DVD is really poor. Three video clips, a bootleg and basta? We don't have anything else on the DVD but the show is not so short (70 minutes) and the performance of the Danish guys is more than correct. The sound is good, the video is great (I know that I'm always repeating myself but that's just the truth?) and except that the stage is really poor with nothing on it other than the guys and instruments (we don't even have a flag of anything) it's nonetheless a good DVD. If you like Thrash I'm sure that you'll be happy to watch and listen to the classics of the combo.

If you pretend to like Thrash Metal and want to listen to again, or discover, a really good European Thrash Metal combo, "One Foot In The Grave, The Other One In The Trash" is perfect for you. This is not the DVD of the year but the concert is good and yes, that's good old school Thrash Metal. What are you waiting for?

Rating breakdown
Performance: 7
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 7
Production: 7

Written by Jeff | 29.07.2008

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 79 users
29.07.2008 - 22:18
Baz Anderson

I want to see it!!!
I hope some time in the future Artillery get the chance to do a proper tour and come over here!
Sounds promising that you say the new singer sounds good too..
29.07.2008 - 23:17
Charly546

Must... buy...

And yeah, they must do a proper tour, enough with the occasional gigging.

Hits total: 5246 | This month: 8