Metal Storm logo
Winds Of Plague - New Video On MySpace

Winds Of Plague recently stirred up some controversy as their much-anticipated new video for the track "The Impaler" (taken from "Decimate The Weak" album) was rejected by MTV for it's supposed "graphic language and questionable content". However, this didn't deter MySpace Metal from stepping up to the plate and debuting the clip on their site, which has just gone live. Click on this link to check it out now.

Johnny (vocals) further states:

"We wanted to create a video that was entertaining and a bit outside the box as far as metal videos go. We were torn between an over the top epic metal video and a more fun, rap club style video, so we decided to combine the two worlds since we have been known to cross over genres anyways. We had a lot of our good friends come down to the location in Los Angeles and just had a blast putting this video together. Despite being really sick, it was one of the most fun days of my life. Director Jake Avignone was amazing to work with and I was really impressed with how efficient and smooth the whole operation went. I hope it confuses the hell out of everyone and makes traditional metal patrons heads explode."

Source: www2.centurymedia.com
Band profile: Winds Of Plague
Posted: 31.07.2008 by ArtiA

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 71 users
31.07.2008 - 18:49
Chaos
Account deleted
daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn this video sucks ass
31.07.2008 - 19:18
Thryce
Retired Staff
Ha! The joke's once again on you MTV. Band, lyrics and video are worthless, pathetic and plain stupid. "Questionable content"? Really? Rejecting this video for its supposed "childlike look-at-me-I-can-act-so-tough language and questionable value for mankind" would have more appropriate though.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
31.07.2008 - 20:29
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I was just commenting the video on youtube.. why the fuck it looks like a rap video shit..? ...the song is not bad.. but the video wrecks everything up
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
31.07.2008 - 21:25
deathovertime
Account deleted
Never heard of this band before reading this, not really into that style of music but the song wasn't too bad. The video was just pure shit, the singer acting like he's rapping? What's wrong with just a plain old metal video instead of doing one like this?
31.07.2008 - 23:31
Carrion Misery

Yeah I slapped my thoughts on the youtube video. I think the very first sign it was crap is the fact they tried to get it on MTV. I can see where the lead singer was going when he said "...I hope it confuses the hell out of everyone and makes traditional metal patrons heads explode." However, I feel he's the most confused of them all.

I must admit that I liked metalcore for a few months, but then I eventually realized how plastic and second-rate the music was. This is really metal for people who don't like metal. Therefore, its made by the same people. Sure anyone can end up liking it, but its quite obvious who the music is aimed at. It really doesnt bother me. I have the same concept for Emo. Emo is music for girly girls, and metalcore is for people who think they're metal. The picture is simple.
----
? Carrion Misery
www.mournspire.com | Two-Man Death Doom Project
Full album streaming
01.08.2008 - 01:38
Moop Monster

Listen to decimate the weak the title track. Probably the worst song ever recorded within the last 4500 years, including Suicide Scilence's bludgeoned to death.... CHOOOODE!!!!
01.08.2008 - 03:26
ß
Problem?
I saw this yesterday and was unable to watch the whole thing.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
01.08.2008 - 03:36
Bhavok

i like this band a lot, but the vides suck so fucking much... what the fuck were they thinking?
01.08.2008 - 05:13
Sulvrot

The song itself is alright, but holy shit, the video is one of the worst I think I've ever seen.
01.08.2008 - 05:27
brapp32

Best video everrrrrr!!!!!!!
01.08.2008 - 06:56
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Whoa

Step aside Trivium, I have a new least favorite band.
01.08.2008 - 16:08
Unconsecrated
Perpetual Ascent
The video and the music are horrendous. Completely worthless.
01.08.2008 - 17:07
brapp32

I don't see why MTV wouldn't play it. Did I miss something??
02.08.2008 - 03:10
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Thryce on 31.07.2008 at 19:18

Ha! The joke's once again on you MTV. Band, lyrics and video are worthless, pathetic and plain stupid. "Questionable content"? Really? Rejecting this video for its supposed "childlike look-at-me-I-can-act-so-tough language and questionable value for mankind" would have more appropriate though.

Believe me, being a shamed owner of that album, you are 100% right. The first listen wasn't too bad, but it gets progressively more irritation watching a shitty hardcore band trying to appeal to as many circles as possible. They add generic symphonic elements (aiming for the epic appreciators), generic growls (trying to appeal to the death/black metal crowd), and then instead of giving up and just accepting the role of a generic symphonic death metal band, they completely embarrass themselves by adding in shit hardcore vocals (not good hardcore either (IE old school original hardcore punk) but that shit new hardcore like Hatebreed) and add in hip-hop lyrics....I'd be ashamed to be in that band.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
02.08.2008 - 03:19
Curtis the Bum
Account deleted
bad video, bad vocals, sick enough riffs though.
03.08.2008 - 05:25
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Dangerboner on 01.08.2008 at 06:56

Whoa

Step aside Trivium, I have a new least favorite band.

Dont say that, then an even worse band will come out. Am I the only one who wants to strangle the entire band for trying to desecrate our music? This video is to metal what pissing on altar would be to christianity.

Written by Guest on 02.08.2008 at 03:19

bad video, bad vocals, sick enough riffs though.

Yeah, funny thing is, if you watch the video on mute, you'll be convinced its a rap video until like 2/3 of the way through.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
03.08.2008 - 10:15
Evican
Ann O'War
At first their music was ok, but they've added the keyboards just because they want to be "different". Not only that but it's the same patch in almost every song, and Roland patches are inferior to Korg patches. Just don't have keyboards in your band unless your keyboardist has a Korg.

The keys are so repetitive it just ruins the band completely, not to mention the over use of the work "fuck".
01.08.2009 - 21:49
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
Written by Guest on 31.07.2008 at 18:49

daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn this video sucks ass

Yep. I saw them live on the SS tour, and they were pretty good up on stage. When I saw this, I almost puked and almost deleted their collection from my library.

Hits total: 3098 | This month: 6