Metal Storm logo
Orphaned Land - New Album On The Way

Kobi Farhi, vocalist of Israel's Orphaned Land has posted the following statement regarding the status of the band's highly anticipated follow-up to 2004's much celebrated "Mabool" album as well as their participation in the upcoming new documentary by Sam Dunn ("Metal: A Headbanger's Journey") "Global Metal":

"Hello to all the orphans out there! We are happy to inform you that the writing process of our long awaited album "The Never Ending Way Of ORwarriOR" is about to end soon, we have more than 90 minutes of written music. We don't like to repeat ourselves, so do not expect a "Mabool Vol. 2"! Of course, the female vocals and the oriental instruments will be there as always, but "ORwarriOR" is different and I can say for sure that it is more extreme, powerful and less progressive. Still, like all our albums, it is Orphaned Land and you'll all notice that. Watch out for the first single, which is the opener of the album called: "Sapari"!

We are also doing the arrangements to finalise the artwork and dates for recordings and production later this year, and we are still looking for the right drummer to fill in for the album.

On another matter, Orphaned Land appears in Sam Dunn's new documentary "Global Metal", along with Metallica, Slayer, Sepultura, X-Japan and more, the film is a journey which is exploring the metal scenes in some rather exotic regions of the world, like for example in Dubai, Indonesia, China, Israel etc. The orphaned sons of the orient will soon come back to rock you!".

A trailer for "Global Metal" seeing Orphaned Land's Kobi Farhi appear alongside metal legends Tom Araya, Max Cavalera and Lars Ulrich can be viewed now here or here. Besides interview sequences, the movie also includes live footage filmed during an Orphaned Land show in Tel Aviv.

Source: www2.centurymedia.com
Band profile: Orphaned Land
Posted: 03.08.2008 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 94 users
03.08.2008 - 15:58
clatrum
this is a great band... i mean... the last album... Mabool is great as a metal album... hopee a great return.
03.08.2008 - 16:35
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Mabool was an amazing piece of art! Wonderful!
Can't really wait for their new album...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
03.08.2008 - 21:19
Raziel X
I wantssss the singleeee
03.08.2008 - 22:10
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
I really can't wait for this one. But I am just afraid for some reason that it won't even be close to Mabool. But still a highly anticipated album.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
03.08.2008 - 23:56
Symmachus
Orphaned Land is an awesome band. I can't wait for The Never-Ending Way of the ORwarriOR to be released. I've been anticipating it for months. Also, that Global Metal documentary seems brutal as well.
04.08.2008 - 10:04
Locke
Account deleted
Fuck to the yes.
04.08.2008 - 10:13
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
This is one of the albums I'm very curious about this year. He says its less progressive, let's see how they manage
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram

Hits total: 7435 | This month: 18