Metal Storm logo
Black Label Society

Original post

Posted by Stigmatized, 25.06.2006 - 18:20
For those of you who don't know, BLS is a band led by guitarist Zakk Wylde of Ozzy Osbourne fame. From what I understand, BLS was formed in 1998. The band has released 7 studio albums, and have apparently finished recording the follow-up to their 2005 album, Mafia. The album is supposedly titled "Shot to Hell"
Source-Wikipedia

I enjoy this band.....some good jams. As always, let me know your opinion on the band, favorite songs/album, etc.....
11.08.2008 - 03:30
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I read online that during this year's Ozzfest, after Ozzy ended, Zakk played an epic half hour long guitar solo. Damn...I wish I could have seen that.
13.08.2008 - 03:51
DevilBabi

love, LOVE ,LovE BLS
Gotta love Zakk man, fav album? Shot to Hell.
Favourite song has to be Devil's Dime, obviously written for one of Zakk's BEST friends who passed away, Dime Bag Darrell
Excellent album all round, and if you dont mind a little bit of sallon bar rock slash metal, have a listen 8/10 from me
14.06.2009 - 19:20
terrorist

Great band,of course Zakk's one of the greates guitarist in the world.And i respect him because when Dimebag died he was the only one who had shown his emtions because of Dimes death.
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
15.06.2009 - 02:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Black Label Society's Just Killing Time will ALWAYS give me visions of September 11th 2001 cause when stepping the car back home after work that day... btw I work as a subtitler for Dutch television and of course had to work overtime that day due to the WTC collapse and had to work for 16 hours straight cause of continuous news broadcasts... when I pressed play at the time to finally drive home that was the song that came up (had Stronger Than Death in the car's cd player. Especially that first verse seemed to hit home so incredibly hard and true at the time (but thank God it didn't turn out that way)

I sit reflecting
I feel the end has just begun
It seems my days now mirror
The setting sun
So many places that I have been
This ride that was long seems
So short in terms of now and then

and I really just sat there reflecting cause I did feel the end had just begun.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.06.2009 - 07:30
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Dangerboner on 11.08.2008 at 03:30

I read online that during this year's Ozzfest, after Ozzy ended, Zakk played an epic half hour long guitar solo. Damn...I wish I could have seen that.

No you don't. It wasn't after Ozzy ended, it was like halfway through the set, and it got soooooo fucking boring withing 5 minutes of it.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
20.11.2011 - 16:13
second_coming89
Account deleted
I find that Zakk Wylde is losing his touch with the more recent BLS albums......Like, I don't know......the newer songs don't seem to move me.
The first two albums were possibly the best.
13.03.2020 - 21:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Zakk Wylde spoke to Billboard.com about BLACK LABEL SOCIETY's plans to work on a new studio album. He said: "I'm going to do some writing, I guess, in April, and [in] May and June, we'll [record] and have that one ready to roll. I don't demo or stockpile shit. Never have. I'm not like Prince, where he's recording stuff all the time. I just like to come up with a riff or an idea and be like, 'Why don't we track that one today?' It's like the beginning of a new season. It's always fun."

Wylde added that he expects to take BLACK LABEL SOCIETY back on the road in Europe later this year.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/black-label-society-to-record-new-album-this-spring/
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing