Metal Storm logo
Black Label Society

Original post

Posted by Stigmatized, 25.06.2006 - 18:20
For those of you who don't know, BLS is a band led by guitarist Zakk Wylde of Ozzy Osbourne fame. From what I understand, BLS was formed in 1998. The band has released 7 studio albums, and have apparently finished recording the follow-up to their 2005 album, Mafia. The album is supposedly titled "Shot to Hell"
Source-Wikipedia

I enjoy this band.....some good jams. As always, let me know your opinion on the band, favorite songs/album, etc.....
14.09.2006 - 06:17
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
damn...didn't know they were coming out with a DVD. I must get this.
14.09.2006 - 06:23
Stigmatized
Written by Dangerboner on 14.09.2006 at 06:17

damn...didn't know they were coming out with a DVD. I must get this.

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Label-Society-European-Invasion/dp/B000FP2ZVW/sr=8-2/qid=1158204172/ref=pd_bbs_2/103-1517410-7018246?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

14.09.2006 - 07:36
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
sweet....gonna buy that soon.
14.09.2006 - 08:40
Winter Death
Account deleted
^^^ That set list is tight as hell.
03.10.2006 - 04:45
Jeremus
Account deleted
The setlist for Doom Troopin' was pretty good but i didn't like some of the "effects" they used with the filming. It was kind of stupid, I just want to see the show straigh up. On the new album "Shot to Hell". I thought it kicked ass. My brother was dissappointed becausue there was a lot of softer slower songs, but i thought they kicked butt as well. I felt the album altogether was better than MAFIA. "Hell Is High" "Concrete Jungle" and "Black Mass Reverends" just rock the hell out of a person.

\,,/
04.10.2006 - 02:19
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
hmm, I didn't really care for his last two albums. I think that his voice sounded better back in the day and that
his riffs were more inspired. Zakk still rules though.
05.10.2006 - 07:27
Anthem
Sonic brew is still my fav album, one of the first but the new stuff still kicks ass

I bought the live DVD at Harpos in Detroit -- -- It is pretty heavy and cool
----
I swear by my life and love for it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor shall I ask another to live for me.

John Galt
05.10.2006 - 07:37
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
yeah, Sonic Brew is awesome. It's tied with Stronger Than Death for my favorite.
26.10.2006 - 14:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Does someone knows Radio song from tham what I hear from latest Album?
It was more groove/sluge and it didnt sounds lile early and previusly albums of them.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.10.2006 - 03:00
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Probably Concrete Jungle.
27.10.2006 - 16:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dangerboner on 27.10.2006 at 03:00

Probably Concrete Jungle.

No it was song what i dounloud from site news in MS I think it calls ''Blood Is Thicker Than Water''
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.11.2006 - 20:35
broken goddess
Again- this is one of my favorite bands. And Zakk Wylde is an amazing person to meet!
Wehn he composses his music, he doesn't decide ahead of time wether it will be used for B.L.S. or Ozzy. so fans of Ozzy who don't know B.L.S. have no reason to dislike them. It's the same music, new vocals, differernt members.
----
--baleful's the passion when hearts stand still--
22.12.2006 - 08:33
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1As4742qf4

He not only is a talented guitarist but he surely has a great voice. The southern sound in this song totally slays.
----
Christless
04.02.2007 - 21:10
Soliloquy
its kind of weird...you would have expected BLS to be a whole lot more famous, but they clearly are not. on top of that, whenever we, or anyone is talking about metal guitarists, Zakk is never mentioned. granted he may not be the best guitarist, but his style is quite interesting none the less

my favorite song by them? good question. i'm not really that deeply rooted into BLS's music, and thus, i am familiar with SOME of their singles. as much as i like the video of that 'concret jugle' the song itself i find boring. their best single is prolly theri 'in this river'. i like the violining intro to the song. and its really cool the whole video was shot at this one river. and the endding is dedicated to dimebag darrel. so that was cool of them to do.
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
07.03.2007 - 06:51
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
FACK!

Im getting paid on friday and BLS are coming to my town and theyve already sold out!
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
07.03.2007 - 11:37
Amon Amarth
Written by Doc G. on 07.03.2007 at 06:51

FACK!

Im getting paid on friday and BLS are coming to my town and theyve already sold out!

Ebay?
----
08.03.2007 - 02:27
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Amon Amarth on 07.03.2007 at 11:37

FACK!

Ebay?

Oh man, havnt tried that yet! thanks!
----
- George Carlin
09.03.2007 - 22:51
Anathemani@c
I am listening to the "Shot to hell" alboum.. It sounds good to me! I didnt really expect to like that style of music...
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
10.03.2007 - 20:20
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Yeah I just picked up 'Shot To Hell' and I guess its an ok album, it kind of bores me though, please tell me im not the only person who feels this way?
----
- George Carlin
11.03.2007 - 01:41
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Doc G. on 10.03.2007 at 20:20

Yeah I just picked up 'Shot To Hell' and I guess its an ok album, it kind of bores me though, please tell me im not the only person who feels this way?

No, I also feel that way, except I think that overall it's a piece of shit. I love BLS and Zakk, but this album does absolutely nothing for me. I voted for it as the most disappointing album of 2006, and it almost hurt to do that. Mafia is a great album, so I still had high hopes for Shot to Hell.

11.03.2007 - 10:10
Corwin
Written by Dangerboner on 11.03.2007 at 01:41

No, I also feel that way, except I think that overall it's a piece of shit. I love BLS and Zakk, but this album does absolutely nothing for me. I voted for it as the most disappointing album of 2006, and it almost hurt to do that. Mafia is a great album, so I still had high hopes for Shot to Hell.

+1
----
12.03.2007 - 06:36
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Dangerboner on 11.03.2007 at 01:41

Yeah, previous BLS albums made me wanna get up and kick some ass in a mosh & headbang, but this album sounded like Nickleback for christ sakes.
----
- George Carlin
24.03.2007 - 06:55
Hellrat
Account deleted

FACK!

dude just do what i plan on doing. the edmonton show sold out before i got tickets too but like all shows in this city theres always a bunch of poser emo kids going for the image and not the band... so just beat there tickets out of them. just like in detroit rock city. i am sure it will work and bls will totally be worth any jail time you might aquire for such an act
24.03.2007 - 23:04
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Guest on 24.03.2007 at 06:55

FACK!

dude just do what i plan on doing. the edmonton show sold out before i got tickets too but like all shows in this city theres always a bunch of poser emo kids going for the image and not the band... so just beat there tickets out of them. just like in detroit rock city. i am sure it will work and bls will totally be worth any jail time you might aquire for such an act

As much as id like to beat the piss out of some 13 year old wannabe metalheads I cant, im already thinnish ice with that sort of stuff, Ill probably just show up early and try and find a scalper, or ill just listen to the music from the lobby, the sound travels pretty decently in Mac Hall.
----
- George Carlin
02.01.2008 - 01:00
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Wow, I just got back into these guys recently. Great stuff! Very ballsy. I haven't heard Shot To Hell yet.

"Limp Bizkit Sucks Dick!"
16.01.2008 - 09:50
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
I have never liked anything about this band, and I don't think I ever will, nothing but average and below average releases if you ask me, there are thousands of better guitarists than zakk wylde
19.01.2008 - 01:58
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@MaidenVarius: But Zakk doesn't stunn you by his axe-work in some way? Come on, how can you deny the great grooves that the songs have? The more recent material like Mafia aren't so great and are mallcore-ish but the first like 3 or 4 records.......hmmm and it sure gets me in the mood for 'partying' lol
31.07.2008 - 19:27
Soliloquy
GAH!!! i randomly stumbled across their song 'lords of destruction' and '13 years of grief' and then i'm looking at 'shot to hell'(the only BLS album i have right now...unfortunately) and wonder what the hell happened? those songs are awesome and heavy, while shot to hell is...just...boring
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
01.08.2008 - 02:15
Sorg
Account deleted
Great band...the southern sound is really unique and is blended well. Reminds me of Pantera + Lynyrd Synyrd.
05.08.2008 - 02:44
Gordon Freeman
Written by Guest on 01.08.2008 at 02:15

Great band...the southern sound is really unique and is blended well. Reminds me of Pantera + Lynyrd Synyrd.

Bands like Down and Alabama Thunderpussy match that description much better than Black Label Society.
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking