Metal Storm logo
Attitudes of 'core'ers...

Original post

Posted by Soliloquy, 25.06.2006 - 18:45
dont know where this is suppose to go...move it if you like

dont really know what to call people that listen to screamo, metalcore, grindcore and other core stuff. but i honestly dont see why so many of them have this fucked up attitude about metal. what i mean is that some 2 years ago, our school, and all of my city was dominated by skaters. last year, the same skaters gave up their skateboards and became emo and imediatly went to either emo music, or core music like trivium, as i lay dying, unearthed, Napalm Death, and other core bands.

not that i'm a big fan of core music, but i'm not going to yell at core fans becuase they listen to that. i just leave them alone, and let they do what they wanna do. yet do they really have any right to bash me on my music? this isnt just around my school, and around my city. its over the net as well. like i was on this forum a few months ago, and i was sort of explaing what different genres of metal are to these people who knew NOTHING about metal. so then these random core-ers started bashing me coz i didnt mention core. and then started yelling at doom, gothic, viking, heavy etc metal becuase they all suck, and are not metal. then they said that only core is metal. everything else sucks, and only core is the true form of metal.

i didnt feel like mentioning core in those forums becuase core isnt really a direct genre of metal. its a mix between death/thrash/punk/hard core. yet they believe that core it the only true form of metal, and every other genre, including black, death, heavy, thrash, speed, prog everything, i mean EVERYTHING sucks.

why do they have such a fucked up attitude? i mean, sure i may not be into black/speed/trhash metal much, but i know those genres exist. and i know a lil about those genres. and i also know bands from taht genre that are really popular. but extream genres of metal arent just my thing. yet i know them, and respect them. the core-ers believe that there all prog, and all other genres are not real genres.

why is that? anyone?
04.08.2006 - 06:18
tulkas
el parcero
they´re just assholes trying to follow a trend that makes them think they´re tough kids, that´s sad. if you don´t like something it doesn´t mean you should talk bad about it, just don´t mind it!!
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top