Metal Storm logo
Wacken Rocks Brazil - Brazilian Edition In 2009

During the August 2nd Press Conference on Wacken Open Air 2008, it was announced that the festival will have its first date outside Germany.

On 2009, when Wacken goes to its 20th Anniversary, the first Brazilian edition of the festival will go live, by a partnership between Wacken, Atos Entretenimento and Roadie Crew magazine, both Brazilian companies.

The festival will have the name of WACKEN ROCKS BRAZIL, and São Paulo (SP) will host it on May 16th and 17th 2009.

Thomas Jensen, one of the owners of "Wacken", commented during the press conference about the Brazilian edition: "There are talks happening to bring Wacken spirit to different places in the world, like Australia, but the first festival with the name 'Wacken" outside Gernamy will take place in Brazil on May 2009, and will be know as "Wacken Rocks Brazil". We have here our Brazilian partners, and we have just signed the contract between ICS-WOA, ATOS and Revista Roadie Crew", answering an australian reporter question.

Before that, Dennis Schunke from Van Canto just confirmed the information, and added that Van Canto is the first band confirmed to the event.

More information (in portuguese) can be found here and here.

Source: revistamusica.net
Event: Wacken Rocks Brazil [POSTPONED]
Posted: 07.08.2008 by Zeh

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 19   Visited by: 149 users
07.08.2008 - 14:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
What a news, Wacken are SO OVERATED how Brazil(not football contest), because Argentian deserves such giges more, and not only in Buenos Aires
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.08.2008 - 15:55
Elio
Red Nightmare
good news for brazilians metalstormers
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
07.08.2008 - 15:55
Promonex
Cathemeral
I've heard rumors about this before. I guess this means no more Brazilian chicas in the original Wacken
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
07.08.2008 - 19:08
Ulv

i guees im going to fly all the way to brazil =)
07.08.2008 - 20:35
Cah

Not yet we know which bands will come...;)
But I hope that it's follows the same quality or better that the events in Germany.
----
* I´m me, You are Yourself.
Don´t forget this! *
07.08.2008 - 21:51
Symmachus

Van Canto's there. Nice.
08.08.2008 - 00:53
Urizen367

and again, brazil gets another bad ass festival. i propose a Wacken America. because ozzfest sucks.
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
08.08.2008 - 03:25
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
I second that, America is in dire need of good metal fests
08.08.2008 - 03:33
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
FINALLY! the year Ill be going back to brazil I get to experience Wacken, how great is that?

I truly think Brazil deserves being the first country (other than Germany) to host Wacken, and they couldnt have picked a better city for it!

Im really looking forward for this event!
----
08.08.2008 - 07:19
rebelhead

It sounds great

I already can't wait anymore

Brazil is lacking in festivals like that
My prayers were answered
Thanks

08.08.2008 - 12:54
Baz Anderson

Well this might have the Wacken name on it, but you are all writing as if they are going to airlift the German site over to Brazil and it will be exactly the same as the German one.
It would be interesting to see how this Brazilian one goes, but I think it will be a lot different to the ones in Germany.
08.08.2008 - 19:04
Zeh

My concerns are about the festival location. There are not cooler places as Wacken to support it. My best guess is Interlagos, which holds the F1 Grand Prix in Brazil.

Or maybe they push it to the countryside. It would be cooler.
----
Zeh
11.08.2008 - 15:29
Sleep In Sorrow
Ghost Of The Sun
Wow, this is awesome! Better start getting my wallet ready for May 2009, then!
----
"It's not funny, my ass is on fire..."
13.08.2008 - 13:17
Baz Anderson

Written by Juliana on 13.08.2008 at 04:07

I'm sure about that, but I think good bands could change this fact.
Lets wait.

It's nothing to do with the bands, it is to do with the festival atmosphere in Germany and the (mostly European) people that go there. Over in Brazil the atmosphere will be different because all the people going will be different, I am not saying it will be better or worse - just different.
13.08.2008 - 19:26
Warman
Erotic Stains
Lucky bastards!
----
24.08.2008 - 23:22
Rusher

Woooohooooooo... I can't believe this!
I will be there, for sure!!!

This news just made my day...
25.08.2008 - 00:15
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 07.08.2008 at 14:51

What a news, Wacken are SO OVERATED how Brazil(not football contest), because Argentian deserves such giges more, and not only in Buenos Aires

Brazil is an IMMENSELY more "metalized" country than Argentina... actually, you would be surprised to see that most european bands skip Argentina in their south american tours, while they play in many brazilian cities and also in countries like Chile and Colombia. I don't really explain why, but Argentinians simply don't like metal a lot... they're the best in south america when it comes to blues, hard or progressive rock, but metal... no.
28.09.2008 - 02:30
O Sinistron
Hopeless Sinner
Does Any one knows exactly when it will be released?
I've read May 16th and 17th here.
May 17th and 18th in the events section, wich is unprobable, beacause May 18th is a monday!
And in wacken.com there is an banner showing it as May 09th and 10th!
And there's no official page about this... Showing the possible bands, the maps to get there, near hostels and stuff like that!
----
Last.fm
27.01.2009 - 00:17
EdTrooper
Account deleted
We brazilians are suffering with the lack of information as well. Being this close to the festival, it is ridiculous that they won't tell us the bands that are gonna play. Honestly, I think they are not being able to actually get bands to play in the festival. Kinda like Wayne's World =P

I say this because we already have Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Kiss, Heaven and Hell and even Deep Purple confirmed to perform down here this year, none of them even close to the Festival's dates, so I guess this is going to be kind of a shameful festival to Wacken's History.

Anyways.. the ONLY band that actually confirmed their presence in the festival is Van Canto.. something tells me that they might have Manowar (just a blank guess).. but I dont believe it's gonna be more than that..

Hits total: 13033 | This month: 9