Metal Storm logo
Candlemass

Original post

Posted by Valar, 17.05.2006 - 07:28
Candlemass, the founders of epic doom metal.
Their First four albums Epicus Doomicus Metallicus, Nightfall, Ancient Dreams, Tales of Creation are flawless, and its very difficult to choose the best from these bests.

So defn there must be many Candlemass and epic doom metal fans around with views for this Epic band.

(Arguing If Candlemass was the first doom metal band or weather Epicus Doomicus Metallicus was the first doom metal album is what most of the times is discussed and i would recommend to keep away frm these "Arguable" issues)

Views About the band, albums and Fav tracks, news etc Post On....
18.07.2010 - 11:16
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Xim on 17.07.2010 at 23:58

So far I've only heard their song Bewitched. The music video is so cheesy, but in that awesome fucking way. I love it. I should probably check out more of these guys.

their absolute best and imho one of the best metal albums ever released is Epicus Doomicus Metallicus.. be sure to check it out.
29.01.2012 - 18:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.01.2012 - 22:15
Zombie94

I listened to what I guess is popularly considered their best work, 'Epicus Doomicus Metallicus', and it just didn't do it for me. From the beginning I disliked the singer and it just wasn't my kinda thing.
05.02.2012 - 10:51
IronAngel

Be sure to check out Nightfall too, with a new guy on the vocals. I think it's a slightly better album overall. But if epic doom isn't your thing, then I guess one singer won't change that.
05.02.2012 - 17:06
Garethporlest24

Chapter IV is my favorite, mostly because I really like Vikstrom as a singer. You should try him out Cill
27.05.2012 - 01:38
Zombie94

Written by IronAngel on 05.02.2012 at 10:51

Be sure to check out Nightfall too, with a new guy on the vocals. I think it's a slightly better album overall. But if epic doom isn't your thing, then I guess one singer won't change that.

Candlemass actually finally clicked for me. Probably one of the biggest leap in tastes I've had in recent memory because I used to really not like EDM and now I feel it's a seriously solid album. And I listened to Nightfall today and that is also quite good. I guess for me it was just one of those bands that takes a few listens but I'm glad I like them now.
27.05.2012 - 11:56
Oaken
Hipster
I listened to Epicus Doomicus Metallicus and I can't believe how catchy that album is. It clicked instantly.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
30.05.2012 - 17:50
Lit.
Account deleted
Honestly, I never cared for Nightfall. But Epicus Doomicus Metallicus is just an anwesome album.
16.03.2013 - 00:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
What is Mats Leven status now in band, is he offical singer? I know he is wa stour mussican, but I heard in chatroom he is offical singer
maybe somebody can confirm it?
----

apos;'
[image]
17.02.2017 - 07:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
WoW Candlemass drummer Jan Lidhn is from Älvsbyn
I had a gif whit older fart beer drinkers and head bangers, a bit older as MH here
They said they once saw Candlemass live in Skellefteå, whit Messiah.
They said he was jumping on a stage and felt under, because was to heavy and stage did not hold---- is it true?
----

apos;'
[image]
20.04.2017 - 01:05
scrotus maximus

My first Candlemass album was Ancient Dreams which I got on vinyl in '88 and I've pretty much been hooked ever since. Like all bands they've put out some patchy stuff now and again but as a body of work they've produced some of the classics of the genre. Some of my fave tracks are Solitude, Darkness In Paradise (epic riff), At The Gallows End and Black Dwarf. Hoping for some more new material soon.
13.11.2017 - 03:13
Drippy.Hippie

I love Candlemass! Their classic material is obviously gold and I found their Black Sabbath Medley to be mighty impressive......But their more recent material isn't half bad and you can't always say that about older bands.

----
What is the difference between the man who fools you from the pulpit, and the other man who fools you from the platform?
Both of them seek to obtain power over you - To rule your mind, control your property interests or labor power.
15.06.2018 - 00:50
Nightfall best Doom Metal album ever!